Edit video, audio, and photos 'Pinnacle Studio' (iPad 2, 3) $4.99 => Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Habakuk, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Was 'Avid Studio' before.
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/avid-studio/id491113378?mt=8

2. Raptor25

Raptor25 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Really surprised to see this free without any IAP for any core features. No IAP at all yet, though I'd imagine they will add some effects and such.

Pretty nice app. I deleted iMovie a while back since it took up too much space with the trailer update, this seems both functionally better and much smaller.

3. Habakuk

^ Yes. Storage space is always a problem with iOS devices. The iPad 3 is a GREAT video machine (very good camera, editing), but it needs x4 the flash space.

4. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    wow.. this looks like a great app. wish i had an ipad :(

5. Habakuk

#5 Habakuk, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    ^ Download Pinnacle Studio anyway (iTunes PC/Mac). Maybe you get an iPad 2 or 3 sometimes (highly recommended esp. for gamers), then you have a very good video app already for free (no matter what it will cost then; this is valid for all the time-limited-free iPad apps and games). The precedessor Avid Studio never had a sale.

There should show up more and more affordable second hand iPads in eBay etc. with the time.

6. 1776-1865_RIP

1776-1865_RIP Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Thanks for posting

7. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    This is my video editing program of choice for the PC. Glad to try it out for free for my iPad.

8. Kind of hard to figure out, is there any easy way to learn this program? Or did I miss the tutorial?

9. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Great catch on a fantastic program. Thanks. Habakuk! :)

10. Habakuk

^ You're welcome, AnarKitty (and others)!

There is an excellent, comprehensive (50 pages), and illustrated tutorial/manual behind the question mark in the main screen of the app. Here it is German-language but I am pretty sure it's in English when you have set your iPad to English.

11. Thanks! Will try to read it when I have time!

12. Habakuk

#12 Habakuk, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    Avid Studio is now free as well (was $4.99 since the day when it was published). So if you have an iPad original ("iPad 1") it's the app for you.

All others get Pinnacle Studio (see OP, first posting in this thread). Still free until Sept. 18.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

13. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Got it, thanks for the heads up:)

14. Habakuk

Just a bump/reminder for all of you who haven't got it yet. It seems that it's the last day for Pinnacle Studio being free!