Universal Eden: The Game (by Channel 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Truffled

Truffled Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #41 Truffled, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    I have just reached the no items spawning roadblock that everyone else seems to be facing. I do really enjoy this game so much like a lot of you guys I'm going to continue to slog through it working my way around the issues that it currently has. I really hope the Devs look at this and fix something. This game could be amazingly awesome.

While I have this game in my mind, there are a couple of things that really should be explained to a person at the beginning. And that's the way tools work. The basic tool you seem to have unlimited amounts of but when it comes to crafting the next tier hire you can only craft one at a time and until you use that item you cannot craft another one. However if you craft the higher tier in order to use it in a crafting recipe then it also becomes unlimited. This is really confusing.

I'm glad I didn't use my last sharp ax to clear some trees before I realized I wasn't going to be getting any more sharpening stones. Because you need that sharp ax in order to craft somethings in the carpenter shop.

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Ooh, it's Winter.

[​IMG]

3. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Yesterday I got the mission to grow cauliflower with the note, that it only grows "in this season". It was autumn then.
    Of course, this was the season for potatoes. Now it's winter, and I can grow Cabbage.

The balancing is seriously effed up, not only with the missions, but with everything else too.

On another note: I discovered by accident, that one of the fishing spots was actually a crab spot.
    Just a heads up, if you haven't found it yet.
    I have a level 2 fishing hut and a crab trap, maybe that was, what triggered it?

4. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I think the fishing spots are unlocked with your XP level. I'm still on a level 2 fishing hut but all the fishing spots are now available. Fish, crabs, lobsters, and salmon.

5. RedThumb

Mar 10, 2016
    Oh, that's good to know, the other two spots don't work for me yet.

6. Kittystone

Kittystone New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Sharp Axe

I need a sharp axe I have a stone and axe but apparently to get a sharp axe it needs to be a blunt axe! How do I make my axe blunt? There's a lot of bugs as have already been mentioned elsewhere is this another?

7. RedThumb

Mar 10, 2016
    If you don't have a blunt axe, you either already have a sharp one.
    Or you are currently working on some small, medium or large wood.

When the chopping is finished, you will have a blunt axe again to sharpen.
    Confused me as well ...

8. Darkjudge

Darkjudge New Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Foraging

Is it just me or do the nodes for foraging disappear after level 12 or so? I'm now lvl28 and no foraging nodes have appeared for days.

I get that you want people to either pay or watch ads to progress, and this isn't a criticism, but if foraging disappears and certain items to complete quests or develop structures aren't part of the game at a certain point, then isn't it dishonest to pretend we can find these items?

I hope it's a bug as I was enjoying the game but if you don't give us the opportunity to obtain items that we need because foraging gets turned off, then you get no cash or advertising views from me. It's a pity as I quite liked this game.

9. gpbarrett12

gpbarrett12 New Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Foraging

Hi im new to this Forum.
    Im currently on level 28 and Autumn has just settled.
    All of my foraging spots have vanished and i cant reach items required to upgrade or completed various tasks!!?
    The only way around this is my partner sends me gifts at pot luck to what i need or i just delete some camp tasks! This kind of defeats the game though.
    Any tips or simular problems?
    Thanks

10. MrJomps

MrJomps New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Massive glitch, need to upgrade camp to Lvl 2 before upgrading other buildings, I am Lvl 12 and am still being told I must be Lvl 8 to upgrade camp fire. :mad::mad:

11. MrJomps

MrJomps New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Forget my last post, well being just needed to be at 100. It's not very well stated that's all

12. cejejackson

cejejackson New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Having trouble

I'm having trouble with this now -.- I can't upgrade buildings...for example it says to upgrade campfire I need to be XP level 8 but I'm level 17 it says...muts making the game so boring as all I can do is complete campfire missions...any help?

13. cejejackson

cejejackson New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    I'm having the same problem!!!

14. Ifcallumwerereal

Ifcallumwerereal New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Increasing the population

How do I increase the population of the community?

15. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I don't think you do anything specific. New people will just join over time as you keep playing. I have 5 additional people in my community.

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Building new shelters and upgrading them increases spaces for people, but I don't remember if the additional people appear immediately or not.

17. Hrkelly

Hrkelly New Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Anyone else?

I've seen that many people are having the same issue as I am with the foraging items not spawning. Is anyone else having issues with the game freezing when you try to craft anything?

18. Orange_fi_fi

Orange_fi_fi New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Level 24 - winter and boring!

Hi - I have been playing for a week. Now level 24, 16 people and it's winter. But it's all got very very boring!! Basically just upgrading buildings. My only other challenges are finding shells (but there is no where to search) and sand?? Oh and making LOADS of timber panels and shutters. Any tips? :)

19. RedThumb

Mar 10, 2016
    #59 RedThumb, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    After today's update, there are a LOT of foraging spots all around.
    Let's hope, they actually respawn this time.

And that the app does not crash every 2 seconds anymore.

Other than that, still buggy as hell.
    Just like with chopping away the trees, they sometimes never start the job.
    Or they finish the job, and then are stuck where they are without ever returning home.

Force-killing the process and restarting fixes this most of the times but not always.
    now hve two dudes just standing around with the foraged goods in their hands who just won't return home.

I will never understand, how something like that can happen.
    If they did just the most basic testing, it simply would not be possible to miss this.

20. mblamar

mblamar Member

Jun 7, 2012
    How do I change crops? I'm getting tasks for broccoli, potatoes, peas, saying this season only, but all I can grow is salad greens.