Universal Eden: The Game (by Channel 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Yeah, does it?

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Answered first post page 2 and the answer is, no it plays fine in airplane mode

3. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    I played it for a couple of hours now, since yesterday.

First, it was easy breezy. Short build times, get missing items by waching video and so on.

By now, I need things like "Leavy Sticks" or "Sharp Stones" that can apparently only be found by digging through leaves, sand and bushes.
    Trouble is, there are no such patches anymore.

Yesterday, they seemed to "respawn" after a while. So, once I searched the patch of sand, it would be back some time later.

Meanwhile I have no such things anymore and thus no way to get the required items.
    Also, it does not let me skip with video anymore, just premium cash.

I don't mind a little grinding, but this leans very much towards that IAP is neccessary.

Also, a galore of bugs!
    From terrible wayfinding, stuck or lost workers, crashes it has nearly everything you don't want in a game.
    Most of these will be ironed out I am sure.

But as long as it is next to impossible to find certain items, it's no fun.

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    @RedThumb - I'm having the same problem. Foraging items just stop spawning after a while, and these are staple items required to do just about everything in the game. I've pointed this out in my review in the app store, so hopefully the devs will see it and get things fixed in an update.

It's a shame because the game has great potential if they could iron out the bugs.

5. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Yep, I'm experiencing the same issues - example: need berries, feels like it's been almost two days since I've seen a bush spawn to search for them.

But it's not a bad game overall. IAP seems a bit much so it's likely I won't be supporting the devs via that means (but nice that they have ad videos to view as an option). Uses Facebook to gift items to friends, so I guess I'll be playing solo....

6. spidersynth

spidersynth Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Same problem here.

7. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I ended up deleting the game and starting over from scratch. The upgrades are unlocking properly this time, but I do have some other issues as mentioned above.

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I had that problem, but then they all unlocked once I got another tutorial message (about how to see the community wellbeing). I got the message after my community wellbeing had dropped, so try ignoring the tasks for a while to get it to appear?

9. bikinikilled79

bikinikilled79 New Member

Jul 21, 2016
    Too many glitches!!!

I actually really love this game; HOWEVER, there are too many glitches. Timers for jobs suddenly stop at various points, causing me to have to re-load the game each time. I’ve reached level 22, but none of the upgrades to build more buildings are unlocking. Worst of all, I’ve foolishly spent $14 on IAP because I thought the game was worth it when I first started playing. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

10. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I would suggest that as many people as possible write a review in the app store explaining these issues. They need to get these bugs fixed. It's unacceptable to have a game with consumable IAPs where players could potentially be spending a lot of money just to find that the game is broken at a certain point.

11. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The season has now changed to Autumn, and I was hoping that might trigger the foraging items to start appearing again, but unfortunately not. The game is still broken with many of the resources impossible to gather.

[​IMG]

12. RedThumb

Mar 10, 2016
    Same here.
    I have been playing on, because I kinda like the game and I am a sucker for those games anayway.

But it's a beta version at best and not quite fit for a release.
    Reminds me of Godus, I so wanted to like it, but it went only downhill.

I hope it gets updated soon for a better experience.
    Meanwhile, I am chopping wood anytime I can get a sharp axe with a video ;-)

13. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #33 Candykiller, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Thankfully you can delete as many community tasks as you like without any penalties. So I just keep discarding the majority of them until I get tasks that I can actually complete. It isn’t the ideal way of playing, but it does allow you make progress in the game.

14. RedThumb

Mar 10, 2016
    I wonder, if that will change at level 25?
    Supposedly, you can collect or break stones then. This might be the end of the sharp stone problem.

I am level 21 now, is somebody already there and can confirm this?

Edit: candykiller, I just saw on your screenshot, that you are level 32 already.
    What happens with the stones and what dou you get from them?

15. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I didn't notice that I could do that until you mentioned it. I've got someone working on the sharp rocks now, but it is going to take an hour to complete the task. I'll let you know what you get from them later.

16. RedThumb

Mar 10, 2016
    Great, thanks!

Another thing: I just crafted a clam shovel in the fishing hut. But I find no way to use it?
    I can neither use the tool itself, nor can I tap anywhere on the shore or a fishing spot.
    Do you have any idea how that works?

Tomorrow, my fishing hut will be upgraded and I will get crab traps. Hope they at least work.

17. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I don't think you actually use items such as the clam shovel. They just come into play when they are requested in community tasks.

So, all I got from the sharp rock was one blue coin. Hardly worth waiting an hour to collect. :( The balancing in this game is pretty random.

18. beasstt

beasstt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't getting any shrubs or sand dunes. There is one that spawns regularly right next to the watering hole but that's about it. Ridiculous!

19. RedThumb

Mar 10, 2016
    Ever since the 2nd day playing, I did not have a single spawn anymore.

The campfire wants flowers, shells, crabs, sand and whatnot, all of which is supposedly found by "looking around".
    Sadly, there is no such option.
    The way I see it, the game is unfinished or broken right now.

Probably was churned out in a haste to be in time for the show.
    I still hope for an update soon that will fix the most eminent problems.

btw., I am level 25 too and I also get either nothing or a coin from the sharp rocks.

20. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm at level 38 now, and still progressing despite the game being half broken. I've noticed that there are now several app store reviews pointing out the issue with no items spawning, so hopefully the devs are aware of the problem by now and working on a fix.