iPhone Eclipse 4X space strategy (by Big Daddy's Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDaddysCreations, Apr 30, 2013.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Hi CJ,

Yeah when you take over sectors with monoliths, you get the 3 VPs. On the other hand, if you lose the sector...

Regarding Round 9 and attacking enemy sectors with no fleets there, sounds strange as from what I know and remember, the neutron bomb should trigger, if you've acquired the tech previously, and you should be able to influence the sector.

2. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Thanks again GH, I do appreciate your help.

I realised after I posted that the endgame may still be visible on my ipad and sure enough it was. It did indeed show that I had captured the opposing sectors, as I had planned. When playing the game though, it seems not to show the planets being taken over in round 9. It just jumps straight to the victory screen.

That is one of my criticisms of the game - it can be a little brusque! In one game, I was in round 5 and planning to give up some sectors to pay my debts. In hindsight, that wouldn't have provided enough money, because the game abruptly terminated with 'you're bankrupt - you lost'.

I would prefer to have a bit of warning about this before I took a game terminating action.

Ah well.

I do now think it a very good, addictive game ( thanks to your help), whereas at the start I hated it and nearly deleted it because of its initially obscure style.

Cheers,

CJ

3. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Glad I could be of help :)

I like the achievements in this game as they encourage you to play through the other races. Although I don't think I will ever start a 5+ player game against the AI. That would take ages to resolve!

4. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    It doesn't take that long solo with 5/6 players. Note that there is an option for game/animation speed.

5. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    #545 Topherunhinged, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    Is there any ongoing development? or is this dead?

The developer is beyond quiet, even there website is rarely updated, and I'd love to see the expansion make it to iOS. Plus, it's quite a tease to leave a list of requested features on the main site but never talk about updating again.

6. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    With the new iPhones being bigger. Especially the iPhone 6 Plus....does anyone know if this game will support them?

7. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    +1! :)

Games like that would be great on the 6+ screen. :D

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Surprising a new Eclipse update showed up the other night.
    Here's what's listed for it:
    - Invitation by Game Center fixed.
    - Other bugs fixed.

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

That's terribly disappointing.

I'm really sad, I love BDC but they really don't seem to keep working on their games once they get released. They make loads of promises early on and then proceed to not do much of anything.

This is easily one of my favourite board games, but not seeing what your online opponent did on their turn, not even via a log, ruins the ability to play the game asynchronously.

Then little things like promising to adjust it from a slider to end your turn and, well, not... I think I'm done with BDC.

Also, this update doesn't seem to play well with old games, so if you had a game in progress, it crashes when loading it.

10. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Yeah, it's frustrating because it's about 90% there. They just need to add that extra bit of polishing.

11. daan_vb

daan_vb Member

May 1, 2013
    A new update is out!!!

- Cross-platform multiplayer - play agains PC, Mac and Android players!
    - Rewritten online architecture - use your social media and/or Game Center account to play online
    - Last round replay for online games
    - Permanent online in-game chat
    - Optional automatic battle resolution (e.g. for faster online play)
    - Optional no plasma missiles game configuration

I hope this is just the start and we get the expansions now as well. I love this game

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks for the heads up, daan. I'll redownload this and give it a shot.

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Oh snap, this now can force install and run on jailbroken iPhone 6+. Only thing is, text and icons is tiny, you will absolutely be reliant on the iOS zoom function to see anything. Annoying how the icon description comes out as a line to the middle of the screen, making it super far away from the icon itself and really not conducive to using the zoom function with ease. Though that's a complaint that's not on the devs radar at all and not part of the intention. Have no idea how to play this though heard great opinions. Might try and give it a go on my 6+ though not anticipating getting far with how tiny the text is. Still great to have the opportunity.

14. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Was going to pick to pick this up, but someone left a review on the Aussie App Store that the latest version is unbalanced and has a bunch of bugs. Can anyone confirm this?

15. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I bought this ages ago but never really got round to playing it. Decided to finally give it a proper go today and started off the tutorial - I get to the end of my first turn, slide the 'end turn' button and play passes to the AI and....... nothing. Game just doesn't do anything! It hasn't frozen, the music still plays, you can scroll around the play area, zoom in and out - everything.....except progress the tutorial!! Just a message at the bottom saying 'Terran Conglomerate is thinking...'

I'd like to know what though, it sure as hell isn't about taking its turn! #

Hope this isn't broken, I've heard it's great fun to play but just haven't had the chance.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    If it's worth anything. I've had a few casual skirmishes against the AI and had no problem so...the jury's out a little bit. I'll let you know how I go in the next but it could be a little while, as the game needs a bit of committment to play as a typical match could take around 45 minutes or so.

17. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I've just emailed the devs and left a message on their website comments board, hopefully I'll receive a response soon. Will update if I hear back from them.

18. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    So the Devs were very quick to respond to my email and we've had some discussion back and forth as to what the problem might be. I've sent them copies of my save games but they are unable to reproduce my issue of the tutorial hanging so they're not sure what's going on.

However, all is not lost! So that I don't need to paw over the paper rule book and spend hours trying to get my head around the game, they have very kindly sent me a Steam key so that I can play through the tutorial on my PC and then go back to my armchair playing on iPad! I am very chuffed and really appreciative, was more than I was expecting from them. Very helpful and practical outcome, even if it is technically a circumvention rather than a resolution. 5 stars and a big thanks to the Devs for their help!

19. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Update for anyone who happens to have the same problem - just managed to find a work around for the tutorial crash. Instead of playing the tutorial when starting your first play through by going to Play > Local game; go to Rules > Tutorial and play through it that way, works fine with no hangs or crashes. Sweet! #

20. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Thanks .. I've had this for ages and can't remember my last game at all, so need the tutorial and have the next few weeks pegged to try. :)