iPad Echo Dawn: Shattered Visions (by PixeLight Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Nyambe

Nyambe Active Member

Jul 2, 2012
    I've had a ninja on my team for 9 lvls now and he has never stolen an item. Possible bug!

2. Alright. I will look into it and see if I can find out what's happening. =)

3. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Hi pixel - still having fun however on iPhone 6+ I cannot get the wheel to work (abilities).

I try to spin it but nothing happens. Any tips? It looks like it spins really fast but just ends up back at default (magic, item attack). I cannot flee or do anything else. I'm not even sure if there are other options because I can't get to them!

Thanks.

4. I found out why the Ninja wasn't stealing. It will be fixed in the second update =).

Yea, it doesn't rotate correctly on 64 bit devices =(. We have sent an update that will fix both this and the cash register bug to Apple and are still waiting for them to review and approve it.

5. Vandi

Vandi New Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Love this game!

I stumbled on this game randomly and am so glad I did! It's just plain fun.

One of the best aspects of the game is the seven classes! The only problem is that they all have such great abilities that I want all of them in my party and I can only pick four. Unlike a lot of games, there are no "throw-away" character classes that don't do much. All of these ones are so fun. I played the game quite a bit at beta, so I've had time to play all the classes. I honestly can't name one I don't like. My favourite magic class is probably the Mystic. My overall favourite is the Bard. You can use a bunch of his abilities without MP! Do make sure to check out the front and back row positioning for battle (set it in the menu before you end up in a battle). It really adds an extra level of strategy--especially with some character classes.

Note: I started out playing impossible. The developer is correct in saying it is tough! I had over 40 hours into the game and I never finished... I lost the game when a new beta came out. Needless to say, I am now playing through on normal. :) It's actually fun to run through on easy a few times to try out the different classes. Some of the best abilities don't show up until higher levels.

Also be on the lookout for hidden chests and things. There is a hidden room with a chest in the caverns at the beginning of the game that has a bracelet that ups all stats on a character. There are some really cool hidden treasures near the end of the game once you get ahold of the airship too!

It is too bad there are a few glitches (I'm on ios7 and there's no problem with the home button on this system, but I noticed the wheel in the battle scene and the lack of prices in the store right away). However, don't write the game off because of a few bugs. I'm sure the developer will get them fixed soon and the game really is worth playing.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    HD or Universal, or this cant happen to me.

7. Merlin

Merlin Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Check out my playthrough on Youtube. It plays in HD on an iPad Air. Sure it would be nice to completely fill the screen, but I'm having fun with no complaints on the graphics. All the high-res assets seem like they are there.

8. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    I'm in the underwater cavern, and I'm lost. I have 1/4 orbs found and I don't even recall finding that one.

Also I'm playing in normal and finding it very challenging. I'm rolling with Templar, Druid, ninja, and mystic. I'm level 13. Which seems really over powered because the xp I gain at this point is minimal in terms of what's needed for the next level. Am I too low to proceed? Getting blinded all but kills me at this stage also. And why do I always have to fight such bad odds, it's consistantly 7 or 8 on 4. With blind it's so sucky.

I know this is old school rpg and all but any tips on the cavern would be great. Tired of running around in circles. Plus the colors are a bit strange and I'm having trouble seeing doors and objects.

9. There are 4 directions you can go from the center. If you go down each ramp to the north, south, east and west and follow each way to the cave, you can find one orb in each cave.

I think anywhere between 10 and 14 is good for the Sunken Caverns. There are a few different strategies you could use with your party. I recommend putting the Ninja in the back row, using Shuriken on his first turn to poison the enemies. Put your Druid in the back row, turn on Spirit of Autumn form and use Thunderstorm. Make your Mystic heal and use Cleanse if you ever get blinded. If you want to play slightly more defensively, place your Templar in the back row as well and in between 2 other characters so he will Cover them. Otherwise just keep him in the front row and use Cleave. Or keep him in the front row between 2 characters and have your Mystic use Aegis Aura on him. Then make sure you heal between each battle. If you still find you are having trouble, you might need to go back and upgrade your equipment.

Let me know how it goes if you do that =).

10. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    Thanks. Finally passed the caverns. You know I had a really hard time seeing the ramps just fyi. They really blend in with the background a bit too much.

Forgot about front and back row. That helped a ton!

11. Glad to hear you made it through =). We'll have to look into the ramps.

Apple approved our first update so prices should be visible in the store now. We are submitting the next update which fixes the other bugs that have been mentioned, as well.

12. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    Hi I hate saying this but the patch did not fix the wheel. I can spin the wheel now, yay. But now it endlessly spins right back to flee and defend. For all characters. For the entire fight. It resets at next battle but basically if you spin the wheel forget using any abilities! Sigh.

13. Yea, we realized it was broken in a different way just a little before the update was reviewed but we figured the Shop prices were important enough to wait for the review to finish rather than restart the whole process.

We have fixed the issue (Really, this time =) ) in the next update as well as the home button bug. Also, we added the ability to adjust the game speed in the Options menu. I just wish Apple's review process was faster =(

14. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    Awesome, thanks for the support really super!

I'm onto floating isle now. Pretty big grind now to fight enemies but that's ok. I hope the speed increase comes soon that'll help.

I would like to play more characters but won't until it's a bit faster. :)

15. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Really enjoying the game guys. Tell the team good job. Keep the updates coming, can't wait for the speed one.

I know it's probably risky, I made a team of 3 marksmen and a mystic. Just messing around with different teams. I chose this team because everyone is in the back(reduced damage) and the precision perk the marksmen have.

Right now, working my way through the underwater area. I too was confused a bit. The ramps are a bit hard to notice until I read through this thread and saw your reply to someone else about the same thing.

Anyway, cool game guys. Thanks for making it.

16. Nice, you've gone quite a ways since the last time =).

I hope it comes soon, too. Judging from the past two times, I would guess it will take about a week.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it =).

That sounds like an interesting party. It's always fun to try out interesting combinations =). One of the most fun parties I've played through it with was 4 bards. Let me know how that one goes for you =)

17. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Decided to take the plunge into this one. Love seeing the dev so active here. Having a lot of fun so far. I think I'm doing something wrong though. After meeting the elemental south of Elsport, I come upon a group of 3 bandits that proceed to wipe out my party in no time. I'm level 7 across the board playing on Easy mode and haven't killed any of the 3. Game balance until now has seemed perfect, that's why I think I'm doing something wrong and am off track.

Also, the mini map in the upper right hand corner would be awesome if it could be zoomed. Otherwise it doesn't seem to help too much.

Great job so far and I hope and I wish you the best. Also, great save system.

18. What classes do you have in your party? Did you buy the newest equipment from town? It's hard to know exactly what kind of advice to give without knowing the party makeup but put your casters and long-range attackers in the back row. Try to keep a few Aqua Vitaes on hand in case one of your characters die. Also, I recommend focusing down the top Bandit, hopefully you can kill him before he steals and uses your potion to heal.

If all else fails, try hit level 8 before fighting them again =).

19. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Thanks for getting back to me. I believe I got the latest and greatest stuff in town before heading south. I'm running a mystic, bard, templar and ninja in my party. Trying all the debuffs I can. I'll probably try grinding up a level before talking to the elemental.

20. If you're still having a hard time, try equip your Templar with a ranged weapon and put him in the back row next to your mystic and another character. He'll cover them and won't take much damage from the bandits.

Having your bard sing either Song of Heroes or Dirge of Dissidence and then just blade dance should work well. Make sure your ninja keeps his poison on them. And then just have your mystic heal. You should be able to defeat them without too much trouble =).