iPad Echo Dawn, a new generation of iOS RPGs - Beta tester sign ups now!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PixelightGames, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 PixelightGames, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overview:

Echo Dawn is a new generation of RPG that lets you experience the excitement of the beloved RPGs you’ve played with the ability to fully customize your party, stats, and difficulty level. Oh and in the process you'll save the world and be a hero of LEGENDARY proportions. Ninja included!

Over 15 hours of fun with excellent replayability![/B]

What makes the game different from other RPGs?

*Multiple difficulties to tickle your taste -- Easy, Normal, Hard and Impossible: Just want to play through the story? Play “Easy Mode”. Are you hardcore? Play “Impossible Mode” for the ultimate challenge.

*How this game will change your life -- Set at the beginning of a new world with a distinctive, paradigm shifting tale of Memories, Corruption, Betrayal, Death, Love, Life and Friendship that sets the future all in motion.

*Play your way -- Decide the class for each character and make a unique party with our deep customization options. You decide the stats and equipment for each character. You can choose to invest heavily in one strategy to make your party exceptional at one aspect of battle, or diversify and get a good balance to be ready for all situations. Two words: Ninja Tank! ‘Nough said!

Questions? We have the answers so let’s hear it! (Note: the answer might be, “A wizard did it!”)

Sign up for beta here: http://tflig.ht/1G4LiM5 (The first 10 people will be accepted!)

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Echo-Dawn/1465715093691489
    Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pixelightgames

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Many thanks for signing up!

We still have several more beta's available and more news coming later today or tomorrow for the betas to be given out!

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The link doesn't work for me

4. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I already have a test flight account. How can I do this?

5. #5 PixelightGames, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    The url address will work if you copy and paste it. It will become an active link after several more posts here. ;)

6. You just need to use the url address above from your device that has testflight installed on it.

7. The Beta is Live!

The Beta is officially released! Check you email and have fun! More news soon as we get started on asking your thoughts and opinions about the game!

8. jgainsbrugh

jgainsbrugh Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I signed up for beta. The screenshots look really good! Has a great old school feel with vibrant colors.

9. Thanks jgainsbrugh! We hope you enjoy and it would be cool to hear your feedback starting next week!

10. Jim Shorts

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    #10 Jim Shorts, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    Thank you PixelLightGames for allowing me to beta test Echo Dawn.

I really love the old school charm mixed with rich colors, and so far I am really enjoying it.

My issues are primarily with balance. I'm not that far into it and I'm easily beatable during random encounters looking for the next place to go. I've bought some stuff, but not much gold to buy a lot of armor.

I die constantly by my third or fourth random encounter. I'm at about the third town, where the guy tells us a two stories.

I have a templar, mystic, marksman and druid. The druid is pretty rad.

11. Thanks for your feedback Jim. We're glad to hear you are enjoying it so far =).

What primarily are your issues with balance? Is it too hard or is one class stronger than the others?

Also, what difficulty are you playing on and how familiar are you with this style of RPG?

12. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I signed up for the beta. This looks to be what I have been looking for on mobile. I have been craving a full-fledged old-school RPG. :)

13. Jim Shorts

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    #13 Jim Shorts, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    I like my characters. It seems like I'm not really sure where I'm going next, so I wander around the map trying to navigate to my next destination, or where I think my next destination is, and I'm being assaulted by endless random battles. So what happens is that I run out of items, mana, etc. before I can find a town and hope I can afford more, or an inn... but then... maybe too many random battles.

I think I'm playing normal difficulty and I'm pretty familiar with this style of rpg, but I dunno, maybe I just suck:D

14. Good to have you Sonix and I look forward to what you think of Echo Dawn!

15. Jim there is a map with locations in the Menu on the Journal tab which is the purple scroll. Maybe we can put that info in the tutorial as well and let me know if that helps with getting to the next parts of where you need to go!

16. Your Feedback

Hey all it would be cool to hear what you all think! Here is a few questions that would be awesome if you could post back about:
    What was your first impressions?

1. How would you describe the total gameplay experience?
    2. What was the story experience like?
    3. How much would you pay for this app?
    4. What did you like least?
    5. What did you like most?
    6. Out of 5 stars, how would you rate the game?
    7. If you could change one thing, what would it be?

17. Jim Shorts

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I found the map, it's just a lot of random encounters on my way to find Eiderlan to take a boat. It's not like I keep wandering into hills and stuff that cut off my route and I'm bombarded by random encounters that eventually wipe me out. But I'll keep trying :D

18. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    I gather you got the required number of testers? I suspect yes but never hurts to ask.

19. cofunguy,

We did get the required amount of testers but have decided to expand it. If you wish to test it, sign up at the TestFlight link =).