Universal Earthcore: Shattered Elements (by Tequila Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TequilaMobile, Dec 18, 2014.

1. RandallPeek

RandallPeek Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I only downloaded this a short time ago, but so far I am very impressed. I've been playing CCG's since Magic: the Gathering debuted over twenty year ago, and I've played countless games, both good and bad. This has some very novel ideas and excellent production values. I look forward to exploring it more.

2. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    #102 Turk, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Just finished the tutorial in my satellite office (toilet) and was impressed with the production values. Haven't really played many lane based ccgs so im excited to see how this one plays!

Edit: how much data does the game use? I'd likely play quite a bit over my cellular data connection and I'd like to know if my wife is going to be pissed or not

3. TequilaMobile

TequilaMobile Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    I'm glad you like it! :)

After launching the game you already downloaded the configuration data (7MB) so now the game should use very little of your transfer. A couple hundred KB tops if you play in the multiplayer modes.

4. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I've been playing since the soft launch, and I am really impressed with this game. I play a lot of CCGs, and this is my favorite. This is what Hearthstone should have been. The F2P elements are barely there. Really, you can play and play with no limits. This is a truly free game. I also prefer the portrait orientation for a game like this.

5. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Thanks!

We didn't want to limit gameplay with any kind of pay walls because sometimes they annoy us to in other games. We hope to build a deeper connection with our players this way.

6. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Then my marriage stays intact. Thanks, I think...

7. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Was able to download and play through all the tutorials - and so far I'm very impressed! Very polished game - graphics are great, sound & voices excellent, some nice mechanics which have been easy to grasp. Looking forward to spending more time with it! (Only minor issue was that the font for the text seems quite tiny on my iPhone 6+, I know my eyesight might not be great anymore but I'm struggling to read a lot of it, as if the iPad version has been shrunk down to the smaller screen along with the text size.)

8. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    And have you tried multiplayer already?

As for the fonts - we are aware that for some this may be a discomfort and we plan do add an option for scaling (at least some) fonts in one of our future updates.

9. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Whoa!

Color me impressed! Production value is sky high, awesome music, animations and gameplay even on my old iPhone 5!

If I push someone over the edge for trying this out, my nickname is Pepsodont. I'm going to type someone's nick from here. :)

10. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Bug report: on the second battle of a multiplayer my screen froze. Couldn't tap any cards or my avatar to say hello. Had to force quit the app. I had played one battle then hit "next battle". That second battle is where I had trouble right from the start

11. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    After a 5 hour session, some imps until my Spark finishes crafting.

- Some buttons are very small on iPhone 5 screen, but overall the UI is very intuitive and responsive

- I love to peruse all my newly acquired cards, but when I open the army pack for example, the scrolling is so slow, almost like if I had hardware lags, maybe optimization a bit?

- The gameplay really requires strategy and clever thinking, there are many ways to build a deck even in the beginning and if there is a bit of RNG, it's really cut down compared to RNGstone. Thumbs up to whomever invented the rules.

- I have yet to encounter an OP card

- The tutorial voice narrator sounds a bit funny

- I'm liking the story so far!

- IAP seems very attainable, lots of quests, the game is very generous with gold and gems

- Winning feels like an achievement and when I lose, it's generally by my mistake.

I will be playing this for a good while, Monster Hunter goes on a break.

Add me as referral: pepsodont and we can fight a round or two.

12. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    I actually went on here seeing if I could find someone's name to put in. Yours was in the right place at the right time, even if I don't know what sort of perk you get from it. [Mine's Peridot Weapon if someone wants to do the same.]

Won't have a chance to seriously sit down and play until this weekend, but I'm liking what I see so far. Even if I'm horrible at the game - or maybe I'm just trying to get 3* too soon. ;)

13. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    #113 CoreyB, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    I tried this in soft launch and still have the same problem. The game will not go past the creating world screen. It just hangs there for a few minutes then crashes. I'm using an iPad 3 with latest iOS. I guess it's back to hearthstone for me.

Edit: putting game center in sandbox mode solved it for me.

14. dabbed

dabbed Active Member

May 18, 2015
    Olympia
    Works perfectly and i'm enjoying the card system although i'm more into the yugioh/hearthstone approach. Interesting so far.

15. Orpheus

Orpheus Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Is there any way to transfer ur progress between iPhone and iPad?

16. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Thanks for all your kind words about our game! :)

Let me answer some of your questions:

We're trying to squeeze all the juices from the devices and Unity engine. We already had some success in optimization during soft launch and still trying to push forward for coming updates.

You're not horrible, we just made it quite difficult to get 3* in all missions, so players have something to come back to and try again ;)

Write me a PM if the problem continue to appear.

Connect the game to your Game Center account and it will transfer your progress automatically between devices.

17. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Launch

For those sick of agro hunters in Hearthstone or new CCG players, if u haven't tried this yet u are missing out. Game is amazing with a great story, tons of strategy, and a bit of RNG. IAPS are non-intrusive and they are very generous with doling out currency. Use God, my in game name as referral for freebies when u start.

18. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Is there a way to replay the tutorials? I'd rather replay them than watch the video. Thanks.

19. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Yeah, once I got to stages where the 3* requirement was above my max health I figured I was trying to do too much too fast. :)

Honestly, the thing I'm liking the most from this so far is that there really are no "useless cards." Especially on mobile gaming where most card games end up being "gamble for Ultra Rares," it's refreshing to draw a four card booster pack, look at all of the commons and say, "Hey, I could actually find a USE for all of these."

For a game where "Water always beats Fire," it's incredibly deep, and simple at the same time. Good stuff.

20. bobfish

bobfish Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Finding myself becoming annoyed a little with this, I've only got through to game 7 or 8, but the AI constantly having cards with "turn to dust" abilities on them is very frustrating, especially given the perceived lack of them in my deck.

Losing for 4 or 5 games in a row because the sodding Cave Troll is annoying.