Universal Earthcore: Shattered Elements (by Tequila Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TequilaMobile, Dec 18, 2014.

1. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I think I could have phrased it better. In terms of where it points, whom gets the 2x damage. For instance, if it's pointed at opponent, do they get double damage...Thx!

2. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I've been in the fence with buying the Hearthstone solo adventures. Is this game good enough to make me hold off on that?

I know that's a vague question but I'd really like a nice ccg I can play on my iPhone 6 and the direction Hearthstone seems to be going (must buy adventures to have access to competitive cards) makes me a bit nervous as a current f2p player. So my real question is for people who have played both Earthcore and Hearthstone. How do they stack up as the f2p experience goes?

And kudos to the devs for being so active in this thread. I've spent money on games simply based on that in the past! Thanks for the help

3. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    You shouldn't have any problem getting the Hearthstone solo adventures without spending money. I bought the entire first one with in-game gold, and I'm on track to be able to do the same on this one. I've unlocked the first wing and have enough gold to buy the next 2 already. Play daily, do your quests and you'll be fine.

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have hours and hours to go before I've finished all solo content, but so far, the freemium implementation seems very fair. As far as I can tell, you can earn the primary currency, and through it booster packs for cards, infinitely, through either single player or online fights. And you are not locked out of any content.

Can't quite say what effect the presence of IAP will have on PvP and the competitive atmosphere, but it doesn't seem like you'll be receiving the short end of the single player stick as a f2p player.

As for whether the game can replace Hearthstone, it seems to be on a similar level of complexity (even though that might not be apparent at first), but with much greater focus on single player content and narrative, and the primary currency is much easier to accumulate by playing and replaying solo adventures. I think the game could be an excellent replacement for Hearthstone, as long as you get used to the different format. Both are very casual and accessible TCGs, but based in very different paradigms. Together with the upcoming Soulspark (which you should definitively try as well), Earthcore is probably the most promising pure CCG for iPhone that I know of.

Me, I'll be having fun with this while holding out for a TCG of classical complexity, or of Assassin's Creed: Recollection's brilliant mix of platform-specific innovation, traditional mechanics and absurd depth. Fantasy Flight Games, that's yer cue... ;)

5. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I'm aware you can purchase each wing for 700 gold. I just started back up and typically only play a couple matches per day in which I get rolled by epic/legendary decks because I only had enough dust and cards to craft a decent deck for Druid. It will be a very long time before I accumulate enough gold to buy each wing I fear.

My post is more asking about Earthcores free to play experience and the ability to be competitive without spending piles of money. The comments about it having a lengthy single player experience are promising to me.

6. TequilaMobile

TequilaMobile Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    When it points at you - you get the double damage. When it points at the opponet - he gets it. Please note that risk doubler works only on the middle card slot.

7. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    Thank you and I hope the beta is going well...:)

8. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Pretty well, thanks! ;)

9. emter

emter Active Member

Sep 18, 2014
    In our latest developer diary we talk about card illustrations in Earthcore. Check it out and answer the question below to get a promo code to download the game!

Tell us: How long does it take to create a good illustration?

10. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
  11. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
  12. emter

emter Active Member

Sep 18, 2014
  13. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    Wow! Some Talent There... What program is being used?

14. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    For the painting? It's Photoshop :)

15. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    We just released an update to our Soft Launch version and added some new cool features.

We encourage you to share links to your Everyplay replays in this topic and we will post it in our social media :)

[​IMG]

16. emter

emter Active Member

Sep 18, 2014
  17. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Available Now!

We're happy to inform that after 18 months of development, extensive beta testing and soft launch, Earthcore: Shattered Elements is finally available on the App Store worldwide!

We hope you'll enjoy our ideas for tactical gameplay, deck building, story-driven single-player as well as the robust multiplayer with a ranking system.

We want Earthcore to be as good as possible, so please share your thoughts about the game in this thread.

This is also the perfect moment to tell all your friends about the game!

18. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Congratulations on the full release! Can't wait to check it out this evening when I get home! Looks quite nice :)

19. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Thanks, let us know what you think when you play it :)

20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Great to see. Well done