Universal Earthcore: Shattered Elements (by Tequila Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TequilaMobile, Dec 18, 2014.

1. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    All taken :-(

2. Jaxal65

Jaxal65 Member

Oct 30, 2014
    How do you download from the App Store outside the soft launch region? Searching the App Store shoes no hits :(

3. togepreee

togepreee New Member

Jul 7, 2014
    promo codes?

Do you have any more promo codes? I've been waiting patiently to try this awesome new game!

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #64 Ayjona, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    I think private distribution of codes to those who ask for them in the thread is a better way to ensure they end up in hands of those with a previous interest in the game (and who will hopefully dedicate more time to both testing and feedback, and to enjoying the game).

5. Ik8

Ik8 New Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Is it possible to have a code?
    Thanks!

6. TequilaMobile

TequilaMobile Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    The game is not yet available outside the soft launch regions - that's why you can't see it in App Store.

We'll try to get some more codes tomorrow, so all of you who asked for them can try Earthcore over Easter :)

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That would be very nice indeed. This game deserves spread.

CCG buffs, remember that you can always switch your App Store country or make a credit card-less new account in order to download from soft launch regions. A bit of hassle when the time to update comes, but other than that, well worth the minutes this takes :)

8. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    4 hours in and really really enjoying it, I have some annoyances but without people playing it they will not make a lot of sense...

I can not find a online game at all and wish it was landscape, it does feel a bit "luck based" as you can still lose with the final chance giving to your opponent so you need to keep a very close eye on their skills...

but this is full of promise, I like the league idea as long as it is set up so those who are in the top leagues are matched against similar players

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Nearly every CCG in existence has the struggle against randomness at heart; we constantly work to design our decks around the limitations of the random draw, and ensure that we maximize our chances of good hands, synergies and combos.
    For someone who nearly always prefers as little luck in his games as possible (in games, mind ya, not real life), this is actually a very charming concept (as paradoxal as me being drawn to CCGs in the first place might be). Whenever I have a good win, I consider it another strike in the eternal war against that which cannot be predicted ;)

That said, perhaps Earthcore is just a few feet on the wrong side of the contingency fence for my taste as well, and could do with a bit less of chance, and more of possibilities for careful deck design, synergy and board control. Three-lane, few cards in play, minion-focused mechanics will often have that effect, clever risk mechanics, tons of card abilities and smartly grafted on crafting notwithstanding.

THAT said, I still have so many cards and so much content to explore. So it's my hope that the more we unveil, the less chance will factor into matches, and the greater our chances of striking yet another blow into the heart of flukiness ;)

10. McGuffin

McGuffin Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Don't forget one of your former Testflight testers. I'll take one if possible please :D

11. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Seriously? Ugh, I was looking forward to this, too. Bummer.

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    While I'd definitively prefer the choice between the two, Earthcore really doesn't suffer from the lack of landscape, screen state-wise. With so few cards on screen and on the board, nothing is lost. Well, except for the possibility to grip the phone differently (which would indeed be nice).

13. Brunner

Brunner Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Bah, had a code available but couldn't redeem it due to lack of wifi... Hope I get lucky with the next batch, I've been dying to check this out. I'm such a sucker for a good TCG/CCG.

14. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Randomness is always a part of a card game but we're still working on providing players with tools to minimalize it with their strategic thinking and wits, for example with skills or the Mulligan. We also think that later in the game, when players will have at least few heroes to craft, decraft and craft again for with better skill combinations and with up to three skills on every hero card, they get even more strategic possibilities that eliminates randomness.

It was a design choice to stick with portrait mode just like other card games stick with landscape only. For the type of gameplay Earthcore has to offer we believe it's far more convienent to play it this way, especially on the iPhone. So far we got very positive feedback from players on that but feel free to try to change our minds ;)

Nevertheless, I encourage you to try it for yourself (and for free) before crossing us out from your list ;)

15. R2DTech

R2DTech New Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Code

Would love a code as well if one comes available.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I for one welcome the portrait mode of this game. It's absolutely best suited to that. Sure a card game with more cards out on the table go ahead, landscape is the way to go there. But this one, 3 cards wide, portrait is the best.
    I used to like landscape only, but portrait has grown on me and I find it more comfortable now.
    So each to their own. I support the portrait choice.

17. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I have 3 questions:

1. does changing your class give You new cards Or does it just lower the risk of some of your cards?
    2. Can you spent diamonds in gold or just on a coin doubler for 24h? If so, how?
    3. What is "chant"? Some cards have an effect on this but i must have missed it in the tutorial and have no idea what it is.

Thanks still enjoying this game greatly.

Edit: I think having an option for both viewangles would please both sides and just make some happy people like me even more happy ;)

18. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I'd love to try this game if any codes are available.

19. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    A couple of questions:
    The risk doubler? I'm just not grasping how it works as per direction...I'm sure I'm over thinking, but any help would be great.

Can you play the single player off line?

Overall, a lot of spit and polish put into this. But, like all CCG's it takes time to grasp all the idiosyncrasies.

Thanks!

20. TequilaMobile

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    We're out of promo codes for now but will try to post some more soon. Thanks for taking interest in Earthcore! :)

1. When you choose the faction for the first time your first booster pack is class-oriented. When you change your faction allignement the risk on the faction cards is lowered but it doesn't change your collection or the cards you get in booster packs. 2. You can use diamonds whenever you lack enough gold for example for a booster pack.
    3. Chants are special skills which you can place in the right corner of the table and use as an additional skill during battle. Placing the chant on the slot sacrifices the card it was on.

It depends from which player is starting and change sides after each round. You can also use skills that can move risk doubler or switch its side.

Right now you can't play Earthcore offline but we're considering it for the future.