Universal EARTH WARS (by One or Eight INC.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jan 26, 2018.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I see what you are saying, but we’re talking about a game that was originally released on Steam — both the iOS and Switch versions are ports, and it’s easy enough to deal with the hardware variety on iOS (and Android) by making the graphical quality flexible — as they already do on PC.

At this point, the market for paid hardcore games is pretty much the same on Switch as on iOS. I can see an enhanced version coming to Switch if it’s releasing much later (Steamworld Heist is a good example). But for something like this, which is releasing on both platforms at the same time (and at the same price), it would be very strange if iOS customers were getting shortchanged.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

yeah, you're right, i forgot this was a port from a not "just released" game on Steam, in which case an identical version for handhelds, out worldwide at the same time, is more understandable, despite their hardware potential.

3. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #23 Son of Anarchy, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Is the language translation/spelling quality in the game better than the screenshot caption text? It's probably the only thing holding me back because it's pretty bad. #

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The English in the game is good.

5. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Thank you for answering that, I appreciate it.

6. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    It does get somewhat repetitive, but this is a good one. I can't believe its out on mobile honestly. I just snagged it on Switch for $4. Previously played on PS4, traded it in when I got my switch and thought I'd just have to say bye to it lol....then it popped up suddenly for 1/4 the price I got it for on PS4.

7. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I've been playing about 14 hours and have some tips and questions.

•you can retire from a mission at any point and keep your exp and materials. If you don't how on a main mission (or fail) you stop the countdown timer and you are free to grind out and raise skills etc.
    •completing some missions will open up new ones. So beat every mission you can.
    •for the time races; you can beat the first one with boosts; it's much easier once you have dashing. For the 2nd one in hell's toilet you need the longer boost skill—make sure you complete every free mission you can to get it. The third time race is pretty easy.
    •the journal has a help section which goes over the different attributes like LUK and TEK.
    •the experience and material hoarding accessories are great. Get them as soon as you can :) more materials means you can upgrade your equipment better
    •when you are in the item building screen you can click on the material and get a description of the enemy who has it, if you've killed them. This enemy card is probably in the journal too, but it also says the enemies weakness, HP, and experience it gives you.
    •elements to put on your weapons so far: anything in New York and Wisconsin really, but then you'll want ice for hell's toilet, then probably status effect more for the trip to Alaska, and then fire in Alaska. The desert area is free missions and ice should be good there. For zombies under new York fire is good.
    •skill points max out at 200. Eventually you will use he 5 skill sets based on weapons that you use. So far I'm not very impressed with guns or bows, but like the sword, longsword, and shuriken...
    •fighting rock fist or big foot, and some other bosses: you can stand on their shoulders without taking damage. You can hit their arms sometimes and knock them dowb—and even get materials when you knock them down, in addition to when you kill them.
    •at some point early in with your sword, find a corner and just swing swing swing for a while. Do it while you are watching a show or something. After like 8000 swings you unlock a bunch of sword skills, including a second sword. (different than dual weapons, which let's you switch between two sets of weapons.

?????
    •there are two missions in New York I can't get rank s on and so I am missing out on their skills; one of them is a boost! I think I am going to need to write down all the ways I can get points and try to max them out...I'm always getting rank A on those two missions, I'm not sure why when I get S on the others.
    •a couple times now I've accidentally done some really amazing attacks and they are not exceed attacks. I've seen the with the longsword and a regular sword; nearly everything on screen gets hit, but I'm not sure how I did it.
    •I'm not sure how levelling up actually benefits me.maybe I should write down my stats before levelling up next time.

8. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    A pretty good side-scrolling action game. Compared to the PC Version, it is really superior in price. If there are any disadvantages of this game, this is that simple repetitive tasks with little meaning and the collection of specific materials can make the player tired. The rest are worth it. It's fun. :)

9. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Looks good! If this like ICEY and anyone know if this game support iPhone X 16:9?

10. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Just discovered it was released on ios! So instabuy for my ipad pro 12,9 + mfi!

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    On the fence on this. Had a look at the preview screenshots on the App Store. ‘Chingrish’ and spelling mistakes worry me