Universal Earth Atlantis (by Pixel Perfex)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Nice find, I was looking at the video and game info and was really tempted and then you said it’s currently free so I smashed the download button right away.

@macplash if you don’t have it already this looks like your kind of thing.

macplash likes this.
  2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yes and yes. I do have it and it’s absolutely my kind of thing.:) It’s a SHMUP after all. I’m glad you’ve thought of me though. I appreciate the heads-up. If it’s the first time you’re going to play it, you’re in for a treat. Enjoy!

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    No problem, I’m not very experienced in these types of games and don’t enjoy all of them either as that last one I guess you’d call it bullet hell since you said it’s a bit more like that I didn’t really enjoy it and sadly got it refunded.

This seems less chaotic and good so far, although I’m not sure what the aim is? I went on quest hunter and I’ve beat 3 bosses but more just appear, is it a high score chaser? I also just passed one that says start point, do I need to reach those to save my progress?

4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk I don’t like bullet hell genre either. I’m perfectly fine with shmups. My favorite shmup is, always was and probably always be Sky Force series. From side scrolling it’s probably classic R-type, although Sine Mora have its merits as well.

Which bullet hell game (you had to refund) are you referring to? I didn’t mention any in this thread.

Earth Atlantis is slower than any mentioned above. It’s underwater after all, it can’t be as hectic. Also, since you can change the directions, it adds some exploration to its gameplay, so it’s not a typical shmup either. The biggest value for me is its visual uniqueness. It’s been a while since I’ve played it so I’m not sure I can give you tips on gameplay right off the bat.

ste86uk likes this.
  5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I don’t know if it is one but I remember you saying in it’s thread it is a bit. But aces of the luftwaffe felt really chaotic to me and I didn’t really enjoy it.

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Oh, yeah. Aces of the Luftwaffe, of course! I thought you’re referring to some game I mentioned in this specific thread. It makes perfect sense now. And you’re right. Aces isn’t a typical SHMUP. It’s borderline bullet hell too. Although it’s not a full-fledged bullet hell at all. Those are much crazier. I found it very enjoyable, especially after some grinding and activating all the skills. I still didn’t finish the German campaign. I’m 32 hours in according to my cloud save - it’s crazy good value for the money. But I understand if it didn’t fit your game style. It’s nowhere close to casual shooter. I get it. I’m sure you’ll enjoy Earth Atlantis much more. It’s slower, less hectic, not as punishing.

ste86uk likes this.