Universal Earn to Die 2 - (by Not Doppler)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 19, 2014.

1. piraterob

piraterob Member

Sep 28, 2013
    It's ridiculously addictive at the start. Has a real "one more go" thing happening. But… there's actually zero skill involved. For example you can't save fuel by laying off the gas pedal (you can with the boost, I guess), you don't control the gun. How far you get is almost completely mechanical based on the upgrades you have installed. The slow-mo "awesome" thing gets old really fast. On later stages it gets very grindy (I'm up to the fire truck). Given how repetitive each run is with the same upgrades it's pretty much killed my enjoyment having to do 2 or 3 runs to buy an upgrade. On earlier levels you can afford some kind of upgrade after each run so you're always getting a little further. Also the physics of the left & right tilt buttons start to feel really ridiculous on a vehicle the size of the fire truck.

It's dumb fun but I'm bored of it well before getting to the end.

2. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Just finished the story mode :D 500+ days. Hope the missions mode comes soon.

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Ugh! I got a ways to go. I'm at 230 or so days right now.

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I keep playing this game, but I am not sure why. It feels like my actions are very loosely coupled to the results, if at all. The game is totally mindless, but somehow entertaining and compulsive. Is there a psychiatrist here to explain?

5. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Loving this game its a lot of fun! Only complaint is the slow down whenever it says "AWESOME". Nuthin really "awesome" about smashing through some crates lol it wouldnt be so bad to me if it didn't happen so frequently. Especially when I'm using boost it feels like its messing me up and wasting the boost.

Everything else is GREAT though!

6. notdoppler

notdoppler Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Hi everyone

We've been reading through the thread and thanks for the feedback - glad to hear many of you are enjoying the game and also appreciate some of the constructive feedback.

We are currently preparing a small update to fix a few bugs (plus reducing the frequency of the slo-mo effect), however have also been debating making a change that we wanted to get some feedback from everyone on this forum.

We are currently thinking of removing the feature where players can choose a different tier of fuel before each run (Regular, Plus, Premium etc.) This feature was initially added earlier in the game design process prior to some of the fine tuning of game balance but in hindsight and after reviewing player feedback we feel that many players may not find it too useful.

We would love to hear your thoughts on the suggested change of removing the different-tiered fuel, and also to understand if you have been using the premium fuel tiers or simply reverting to regular fuel to save the cash?

Appreciate any feedback!

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #87 NOEN, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    I've only used the premium fuel once so far. I'm only about half way through the game though (about 250 days). I normally use regular fuel to save cash (like in real life lol.), but there was one run where I was maxed out on upgrades and was struggling to finish. Of course the premium fuel did the trick. I'd say just have regular and premium fuel for cases like mine where your getting all the way to the end and running out of gas. It's good if your in a bind.

EDIT: I just checked, it was Ultimate that I used. So like just Regular and Ultimate would be fine.

8. notdoppler

notdoppler Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback :). Since you only used the the Ultimate Fuel once, did you find it inconvenient to have to pass through the Fuel Station screen before each race?

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    https://koffeeklaud.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/ios-game-review-earning-loot-to-die-in-earn-to-die-2/

The above is a link to a blog of mine and Ive recently wrote a brief review about Earn to Die 2.

Feel free to share the link :)

10. ayatollah

ayatollah New Member

Mar 30, 2015
    I can't tell but if I'm not holding down the gas button does it still deplete?

11. chshahbaz01

chshahbaz01 New Member

What a game with fun

It is really awesom game i played and enjoyed it i really enjoy to
    it is really matchless game
    for ever zombie killer for car car racer Earn to Die Mode apkhttp://earntodie2apk.com
    You will enjoye every level you cross more money you will have and you my buy more gadget