Universal Earn to Die 2 - (by Not Doppler)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    What makes this game so special, IMO, is the pinpoint perfect economy balance. After every run you are able to get your vehicle a little bit better. It never feels grindy, too easy, or too hard. You are always one run away from being better, and each run is better than the last.
    The balance shouldn't be under appreciated and other devs should take notes.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I agree, like I said too you always feel like your making progress which is good. If it took a couple of runs to get 1 upgrade every time it would probably quickly get tiresome but because your always getting better...

Unsure what that new mission mode they are working on will be too but I'd like to have the best vehicle fully upgraded for that.

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I didn't get the first one but this really appealed to me so I picked it up this morning.

I like it a fair bit but I do find it (so far 2nd car) just a little bit repetative for me. I love the style, the graphics, it controls well and it oozes quality but I'm just not sure how much longer I'll keep playing it.

It just seems to be a case of doing a run, buying upgrades, keep upgrading car until I've maxed everything and then I can get to the next checkpoint. While the actual gameplay is fun I just can't detect any strategy in.

Maybe that's the point of the game and it's just not for me....

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I must admit i'm really enjoying this. I'm surprised in a way as its a bit 'grindy', basically get to a certain point, get coins, make your car better, start again, get a bit further and repeat 30 times per stage !

But i am enjoying it, as i bought this (and i'm happy to do that) i wont buy any IAP's, at first i was hoping it wasnt 'forcing' you to get the IAP's as it would make it much easier but i'm fine with grinding with this

5. fabytm

fabytm Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Timisoara, Romania
    The game's not optimized for the 6/6+ resolution!

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Picked up an achievement for breaking my car in half and driving with just the front wheel. Yes I could actually still drive with half a car.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yep. That's geeat stuff. At the end of one run like that, for me, I had one of my pictures that captured the moment...so like any sane person...I Tweeted it ;)

8. notdoppler

notdoppler Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    The game actually is optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus resolution and looks great on both of these devices :).

For some reason it isn't displaying the "Optimized for iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus" message on the App Store page for the game, so we are investigating this further.

9. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I really wish they offered a mode that allowed us to take our money and buy/upgrade specific parts, piece together and build our own custom vehicle (think bad piggies). This would work so well here.

10. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Video is private ?

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    So is the strategy to make the best choices for upgrades to make it in the fewest days possible?

12. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    My strategy is kill zombies upgrade and repeat = fun :D

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    There must be some sort of high score thing. Does this game have Game Center? How does the overall scoring work? I thought you try to make it to your destination in the fewest days possible. I was watching red ribbons video and noticed that if you do upgrades strategically, you could do it better. I noticed that red ribbon realized it was not good to use your left over money to buy better gas and use it instead for updates next round.

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Earn to Die 1 has leaderboards, 2 doesn't..yet, but there is the promise of missions "Coming Soon", and as a general rule, when Not Doppler says that, you can pretty much believe it :D

15. Jazzyjesus

Jazzyjesus Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Day 80. Bored. Far too repetitive for me.

16. gregchepo

gregchepo New Member

Nov 23, 2014
  17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow... I am very surprised as to how much of an improvement this is over the original. Tons more variety in the environments, with branching paths and more complex obstacles. I dig it.

18. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I'm really loving the destructable cars. A great improvement over the first game which was already a good game.