Universal Earn to Die 2 - (by Not Doppler)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 19, 2014.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its funny as normally i dislike games like this but i played the first one non-stop till i completed it. Loved it

Just bought this and i'll play later, well worth picking up

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #42 Lazer Kat, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    This game is so awesome. The music, well...it's incredibly bad...just like the last. This is a rare case where I can overlook that.
    The more I think about it, this is basically a vehicular version of Loot Hero. You really just press a button, run into shit, and then upgrade so you can press the button longer and run into more shit. It's weird how fun it actually is. I was really hoping they'd add more challenge via physics, and make strategic use of the
    Left/right buttons more important. Maybe they did in the later levels.

3. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Lazer Kat - "run into s**t" lol! Thanks for bringing up Loot Hero too I forgot about that game. I'll probably be picking up that game too since playing Earn To Die 2.

4. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #44 Lazer Kat, Nov 20, 2014
    If you're in the market for something like that, can I suggest Buff knight?
    It has the same vibe, but is WAY better. The Dev couldn't be cooler, and this game is still being supported.

$1 version without ads or IAPs -
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=244589
    FREE (or GET) version that limits running speed and with ads -
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=246907

5. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    #45 RenTin850, Nov 20, 2014
    Lazer Kat- "If you're in the market for something like that, can I suggest Buff knight?
    It has the same vibe, but is WAY better. The Dev couldn't be cooler, and this game is still being supported."

Thanks for the recommendation bro, I bought it instead of Loot Hero. Plus it's on sale right now perfect timing!

6. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Great game really enjoying it but does anyone know if you use less fuel when you don't accelerate? I can't quite work it out.... You do seem to lose some but I'm not sure if it goes down the same rate

7. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    #47 RenTin850, Nov 20, 2014
    You lose fuel when the car is moving and rolling even when you don't accelerate. And usually the car is always losing fuel from moving since there are no brakes. But you do use less it seems like when you don't accelerate down a hill.

8. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    This is a big deal to me. If you didn't lose fuel (or used way less) when you weren't accelerating, it would be an easy way to add strategy.

9. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    #49 RenTin850, Nov 20, 2014
    I was thinking the same and totally agree with you on that one. Like for situations where you would be rolling down a hill and losing fuel. Instead you would be able to strategically think to just roll down it and save that fuel for where it's important. Lol Read my mind.

10. dav9000

dav9000 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I don't get it. The info says this game is optimized for iPhone5. Is that true or does it ship with iPhone6 Plus resolution?

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Enjoying this game so far, the graphics aren't the best but good enough and the gameplay I find very addictive and a one more go kind of game.

I only played the lite version of the first game so can't compare very well, but I like how vehicles now unlock on different stages rather than at the start of the game being able to save up for the best vehicle by just doing runs over and over, it's nice to have progression and I feel like I'm progressing each run with each upgrade too which is good.

I believe I seen the vehicle destruction is new too? If so that's a nice touch as it's good that your driving affects how well you can do, a few times I've lost my front bumper and once even knocked my booster off going down a tunnel before I used it : (

The multi tier platforms are a nice little addiction too as it adds some choice and strategy as you find some ways give you a bit more of a speed boost or less obstacles which is good.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Glad to see you in here, haven't heard from you in a bit. I have been seeing what GC games you've been playing and picked up a few that way ;) Anyways, as others have said, there isn't a whole lot of strategy in the EtD games. This one does involve a whole interconnected set of multiple routes, some with less resistance and some with more. I think this is a great follow up game from Not Doppler and hope those Missions really are "Coming Soon" :D

Richard

13. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Hey, nice to see you still recognise me! I'm a little busier than before these days, so I do not post a lot of comments on TA, but I've never been gone ;) Today is a good day for iOS gaming though!

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    You've brought up another good point about strategy as many times now I end up mowing down zombies, rolling just with my front two wheels, because I didn't upgrade my armor enough and landed my car really hard or screwed up. Also using nitrous while blazing through an area heavily stocked with box and board structures is a bad idea, as it will shred you're armor and, like ste86uk mentioned even other attachments will fall off.

15. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Add another plus one to that

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm not sure if it's the same in this new one, but if I remember correctly in the first one once you beat all the levels you could go back and use any of your cars on any level to try and get better scores etc.

17. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    Thanks for that info! I knew they wouldn't forget something like that #

18. fabytm

fabytm Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Timisoara, Romania
    No love for iPhone 6/6+ guys? :(

19. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    What do you mean? I'm playing on a iPhone 6 Plus. # Game runs great

20. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Oh YESSS! I loved the first one, and played the hell out of it, so my iPad will get a lot of gaming love with this one!

Now, if only a Burrito Bison 2 would surface... :)