Earbuds, Over-Ear Headsets Or Nothing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by marlenedegrood, Mar 6, 2009.

1. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

Since I don't have an iPhone .... yet (5 weeks left of Sprint contract), to hear sound I need some sort of headphones. I've been buying iPods since the first one came out and probably 8 different kinds of sources for getting the sounds into my head but I have yet to find something that sounds good, doesn't have annoying tangled wires, and looks cool. So .... I play most of the games on my iPod Touch without sound. For listening to music in bed I use the Bose soft small over-ear headphones. Earbuds hurt my ears and the one's that don't hurt fall out. I'm tired of wasting between $50 and $100 on earbuds touted to fit perfect but I'm open for suggestions.

Anyone else playing their games without sound because of the headphone hassle?

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I use headsets that came with free earbuds and were a total or 12.99$ I'm happy with my purchase and the sound is pretty good, I don't have a sensitive ear so that might be why I don't notice those things you mention.

BTW who's gonna be first and say this needs to go to the Lounge?...Really? nobody?

3. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    "this needs to go to the lounge" hhaha jk..i dont really care..

but which earbud did buy thats only 13?? i wana that! mine current ones about to break..

4. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    -Radioshack! has them, but they upped the price to 19.99$.

-You get +1 point for saying the lounge thing :p

-For my shuffle I use JVC earbuds which I do not recommend at all. had them for a week and they started making weird crakling noises and the plastic started falling off. I still use them but....ZAAAAAAAP!!!!! electric shockO!!!!:eek:

5. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    LOL so it did end up getting moved haha

ohh $20...thats still pretty cheap,thanks ill check it out! maybe i can do some negotiation with radioshack lmao
    yahh jvc sucks! i had their uhm cheap gummi ones and they sound bad..right now im using sennheiser cx3 or something..which i got off a friend mass selling it for 5 bucks :D but its breaking...

6. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm a headphone snob, and I use many different pairs (depending on task/environment/etc.), but for an all-around not expensive but great sounding pair, this is the best deal I've seen yet: Sennheiser CX400

This is, of course, if you actually care about good quality sound - not everyone does.

7. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    ohh yeah i think sennheiser is best at price and quality, is the cx400 much better than cx300? cause i use 300 right now and its kinda breaing..wonder if i should get another 300 or the 400 series

8. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Earbuds suck and make you look like 2003. I wouldnt use them just on principle.

9. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Apple In-Ear Headphones rock.

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I've been using the Phillips ear buds and sound great, only $15 at Walmart and even have a little speaker in the middle (reversed).
    Now to my point: I hate them. They are great in every aspect but guess I have sensitive ears and its real bothersome. So when I get some extra cash going for the over the ear kind.

11. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

Thanks for moving this thread to the right forum .... my bad. I think I'll give the Sennheiser CX400's a try .... thanks for the link.