EA Sues Zynga for Copyright Infringement

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Trysis3, Aug 4, 2012.

1. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    yes!!!

two companies i hate suing each other

couldn't make my day better lol

2. ^^^agreed...hope the verdict is that both of them stop publishing all those horrendous games...then all the developers snatched up by them go back to making they used to i.e not ripping us off so much with in-app purchases

3. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Now we just need Gameloft to get sued :p

4. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    With any luck, the continued accelerating pace of ridiculous, greed-based tech lawsuits will finally lead to meaningful legal changes that limit this idiocy. The tech industry as a whole is suing itself into irrelevance and insolvency, and killing innovation along the way.

The sad part is, some of the best companies are leading the charge, and losing the respect of everyone who used to enjoy buying their products. Let this all blow up and come to an end soon, please.

Seriously.

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I hope EA buries Zynga into oblivion once and for all

6. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Oh my god.... How pathetic.

"Ahh no your game about human life is exactly like my game about human life".

Grow up! How about real life sues the both of you.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA

Then say goodbye to the sometimes decent and occasionally amazing games they make. iOS gaming would be the same without MC3...

8. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    *cough* occasionally

9. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I actually see EA as the good guy here from what I read Zynga basicly copied their game even down to the exact shades of skintones and floor plans.

Zyngas been ripping off smaller developers for a while now basicly just remaking any game that gains popularity, trying to steal from EA was a monumentally stupid move I actually wouldn't be surprised if EA ends up owning them.

I'd also love to see Gameloft get sued into oblivion myself, if EA wins this it may well give other studios the incentive to do it.

10. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Don't get all the hate for EA- sure, they make dumb decisions and have screwed over the consumer from time to time, but I can't think of a single big videogame company that hasn't. Also, a lot of people are forgetting that big corporations are built up of many different people with different beliefs and views with varying levels of power- it's not necessarily the whole companies fault.

Zynga on the other hand...

The only thing that I really don't like about EA is them buying external studios known for making quality games and then putting them down.

Companies that I'm personally not the fondest of besides Zynga would prolly be Activision and Gameloft.

But yeah, I can see where their case is coming from- not nearly as vague as several of the last 'big' lawsuits between companies in the tech sector.