Universal EA Sports UFC (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    GSP is around $50.... I'm tempted.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Heck no. You can get the game on xbox one for that man.

4. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Yeah, but it's GSP!! I dunno, between him and forest griffin, I would empty out my wallet, lol. Thanks though, you're definently right.

5. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I can't believe it's really 50 USD a fighter. I have every mma game for almost every console and thought it would be cool to have it on the go, but 50 dollars a fighter - what manner of f*ckery is this?

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    What manner indeed:mad:

7. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    No timers, no ads, but fighters are expensive. I imagine it's because they have to pay Apple,EA employees, and UFC as well as the fighters. Same reason why things on The Simpsons:TO are so expensive.

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    So to play as Bisping I would need to pay 20$. That's crazy talk but this is EA. guess I will have to find another way to get him anyway question: is gold only obtained through IAP or is there some event or fight that gives gold
    So there is no timer that rocks didn't realize that!

9. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    That really has nothing to do with it. It's whale bait gotta feed the whales there was an article on this I believe on this site it may have been another gaming site where the focus now for a lot of games is the whales and they actually don't care a bit about the regulars.

10. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    They're hunting whales. Don't be a whale.

11. Kilgin

Kilgin Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Does this game backup your save game if you log in with Facebook?

12. Rola

Rola Member

Aug 18, 2014
    great

im loving this game. just wish there were more info about it

13. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    But, but, but... I wanted Rua, or maybe Jones, since they have Rua listed as a wrestler in this game.

Has anyone went more than one round on here yet?

14. Needs_Chiesa

Needs_Chiesa New Member

May 1, 2015

You have to use your unlocked skills to level up your character and then earn enough credits to go buy a 100k box with other fighters in it. They have different fighter boxes every week it seems. They had a 25k credit box not long ago and now they have a 100k box with 3 fighters. Once you fill out your 4 fighter types you can start making a lot more money to buy more boxes. You also get random fighter drops in boxes.

You can repeat fights and do achievements. Sometimes its better to do the easy fights to get 10 submissions in a row or whatever you need for 15k credits. Honestly it takes some work to get over the first hurdle of only having one fighter, but once you do you are set. It's a ton of fun.

Negatives indeed:
    Takes about 10 hours of grinding to unlock your first 4 guys. Longer than most games.
    Not a lot of information on how to play on the web yet.
    Gold cost vs. credit costs is absolutely inflated and outrageous.
    The price in gold of some fighters is literally $15.00 USD up to $15.00 for 1 fighter. Silly.

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    For me this is the best ios Fighting game currently.. much more so that it is F2P but.. done VERY right, and surprisingly so (EA i'm looking at you, but great job on this)

There's no energy system, you can get fighters from boxes of ingame currency, and overall the fighting and the impacts are VERY satisfying - which for me was the most important aspect. When you hit, you can feel that you hit and when you KO it shows.

I was waiting for MKX but they took fatalities and half the roster out of it. UFC blows it out of the water along with every other fighthing game on ios imo. Marvel CoC could rival it but in UFC the monetisation is much much more fair. 5 stars and some cash from me soon, hope others will support this awesome game too!

16. texasmed

texasmed New Member

May 3, 2015
    How do you reliably perform takedowns in this game? After successfully shooting in, the timing bar always says 'Miss' no matter when you tap on the screen to try to stop the cursor sliding toward the right.

It wouldn't really bother me if there weren't daily objectives for takedowns, ground knockouts, and submissions (which I've never even seen outside the tutorial, no matter how hard I try).

17. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    you have to stop the cursor on the blue bar...

18. texasmed

texasmed New Member

May 3, 2015
    That's rather obvious, but the timing window just seems really inconsistent. I was recently able to get a few successfully, but it's almost like the game doesn't even recognize inputs on particular frames during the action.

It literally feels like it won't register if you tap on an odd frame, for example. It's retarded and totally down to a 50/50 chance, rather than being able to actually time anything.

edit: I'm on a 6+ btw

19. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    ah, maybe it's the 6+ ? I'm playing on air2, and the only thing i find is that the cursor starts slow but really speeds up so you have to time it right, otherwise the taps register perfectly. But lots of games have troubles on 6+...