EA should have bought Gameloft, not Chillingo!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by f e a r l e s s, Oct 22, 2010.

1. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Biggest thing EA and Gameloft have in common is their inability to release a game the quality of Chillingo. Developer/Publisher stuff aside... Why didn't EA buy Gameloft? They would have been perfect together.

EA releases = Lots of love and lots of hate.
    Gameloft releases = Lots of love and lots of hate.

Chillingo releases = LOTS OF LOVE!

Cool story, bro! :D

2. niezam

niezam Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    App Store
    If EA and Gameloft merging, game prices are crazy. We got no choices/selections - still will buy the games, OMG

EA vs Gameloft benefits the gamers.

3. Hazing

Hazing Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Gameloft is a big enough company to stand firmly on its own. If EA were to acquire Gameloft they would have to pay a heftier price than $20 million, the supposed price offered to take over Chillingo. Besides, as the user above me stated, the competition between the two companies will result in better games being created. Take a look at some of the older games from both EA and Gameloft and work your way up to the ones most recently released. Notice a nice change in quality, content, and overall experience?

4. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I would refute these claims, but you did maths to prove it

5. f e a r l e s s

Mar 12, 2009
    I love maths!

EA can buy Gameloft and then some. Competition? EA has original games, but they could care less about updating them. Gameloft rips-off other games, but updates them with no real fixes, mostly ads to promote more. And I have not noticed any change in quality, content or overall experience.

Sorry, I'm a little slow... Having a hard time understanding you. :confused:

6. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Gameloft is part of Ubisoft. The bosses of both are brothers if I'm not mistaken.

7. f e a r l e s s

Mar 12, 2009
    Damn, they are big. You made me look in to it. There's 5 brothers who run both. :eek:

8. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    Yeah I just heard this yesterday. Makes sense... I remember some years ago EA was moving to possibly (hostile) takeover Ubi as well, I believe, but did not happen. I always figured Ubi + GL were linked 'cause you know.. French..

Although up till now for some reason my gut said that Chillingo would have sided with Activision, so I was surprised to see this result instead. Activision will do something I am sure, but for now just sitting back.