EA Sales [75 iPhone/ipad games @99cents sale!!! Holy....]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Yes? Thanks for the hint but I added it in the list without to realize there was an iPad version, alas not on sale.

2. asr10 user

asr10 user Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Whats the best NFS game? I dont have any good racing games as I dont like to use the accelerometer to steer, are they all like that?

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Undercover is Like that, no option to change it to touch controls :(
    iHope Hot Pursuit has touch controls

4. None of the iPhone NFS games have touch controls.

5. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I prefer using the Accelerometer, But if you dont like using it, I think RR2 has a steering wheel touch control. I defiantly know RR1 does ill check RR2 Now.

6. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Looks like EA is taking over the AppStore with a zillion games on the top chart. Congratulations it worked~ I wonder how long would this effect last.

7. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    How is pictureka?

8. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I am not letting this once in a life time opportunity go to waste I have bought most of the great games from EA.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $0.99
    Madden NFL 11 $0.99
    Fifa 11 $0.99
    Wolfinstein RPG $0.99
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit $0.99

I am going to enjoy these games for a long time. I will also get Nova 2, Dungeon Defenders, Aralon, Shadow Guardian, and Real Racing 2 when it goes on sale, because right now I can't afford these with those high price. :p Also have a nice Christmas everyone!!! :)

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I may not even play some of the games I purchased, but for that price... I just couldn't say no. And Madden's vintage mode? HELL YES.

Albeit I suck at it and know squat about football... meh, still. It used to be $13!! That's enough for me ;)

I just wish EA had a few more iPad games. Or that Monopoly was on sale. But damn, how can I argue? I suck at Sim City, but I enjoy it for a few hours before I get decimated and go into enough debt to kill a horse.

This was an insane week for my credit card. Goo, Pocket God, the PopOut books for my kids... That $25 gift card went about 2 minutes after I entered it in... yipes.

But how can I argue? Really? This is good stuff. Even if I don't play it endlessly... even if I only play it for 20 minutes... $.99!!!

(hint, eveyone - if you're in the US, find a good address in Oregon, no tax! And if you're in Canada, Alberta has the lowest sales tax :D Sure it may only be 10% less, but it's still less!

10. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Is Command and Conquer For iPad any good? A lot of the reviews say it crashes, is buggy, etc.

11. omyard

omyard Member

Dec 9, 2010
    That's what I was wondering. I liked it on the iPhone, but would prefer it on the iPad. I was tempted, but ever since it came out the reviews have been pretty harsh. If it was just a few I could chalk it up to people just being picky, but it seems like the majority of people have the same problems.

At 99 cents you're not out too much if it's buggy, but it just seems like it's a given that I will experience problems with it and it's not worth it.

12. zackbh

zackbh Member

Nov 6, 2010
    iPhone to iPad Games

I was just curious if anyone could recommend some of the iPhone titles that might work well on my iPad. Sometimes it doesn't make a huge difference, but other times it just looks awful.

Any suggestions?

13. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    I bought a whole slew of EA games, only iPad versions though.

I do wish their games were integrated with Game Center. It would be nice to have the leaderboards and achievements along with maybe even online play. I'm hoping that they decide to add that feature sometime soon.

14. andsoitgoes

I'm there with you. I've been heming and hawing about NBA Elite. I haven't played a good NBA game in forever...

15. andsoitgoes

crap. I just bought Yahtzee and NFS: HP

So far, I've bought:

iPad
    Sim City
    Reckless Racing
    Madden
    Mirror's Edge
    Boggle
    Yahtzee
    NFS Shift
    NFS HP

Adding those to my release day purchases of World of Goo and Pocket God as well as the sale prices for the 2 PopOut books released and a sale price for the Beatrix Potter collection? damn! Oh and stupid star wars falcon gunner, too... Grr.

But comparing the purchase price of the EA games to their RETAIL prices, well... It's just not even possible to consider them in the same zip code.

I'll tell you, I have a history of not necessiarly being on the up-and-up when it comes to "purchasing" games, but with my video games... it's a different thing. And when they put sales like this on, they can easily change someone who may have been considered slightly unscrupulous in the past to someone who is willing to lay down some money.

I could have gotten something like Goo in an "alternate" way, but I really believe in the devs on the system, and the fact that they get 70% of my purchase? That's one area that I'm impressed with Apple..

Anyway, I'm done with my rant. Thank you EA and other developers for allowing people who wouldn't necessarily have the cash to buy them at retail put out the bling for them now...

I get the feeling EA games are going to skyrocket a WHOLE lot of top lists in the app store :)

16. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    NBA elite 11 is quite fun, especially the three point shot mini game. Definitely wroth a buck.

17. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    How's FIFA 10? Mainly the Be a Pro mode?

Should I get X2 Soccer 2010 instead for the Dream Mode? ($1.99 sale right now)

18. Venom_TAG

Venom_TAG Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Australia
    Does anyone know if Mirror's Edge for iphone is going to drop down in price ?

19. skidbubble

skidbubble Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Looks like these EA games knocked Angry Birds right off it's perch. First time in a long time looking at the top ten and not seeing Angry Birds #1 and 2 on the top charts.

20. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Rage HD and Infinity Blade, and some other games have done it before. Angry Birds is cheap, playable by all ages, even appeal to women. It's not going to go down that perch easily...

EA has however basically taken over the chart for the few days.