EA Mobile unveils fall iOS games lineup

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by italodance, Oct 7, 2010.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    The latest lineup of iPhone and iPod Touch games (along with one iPad-specific title) from Electronic Arts Mobile features war, sports, hunting, fantasy and city-building, most of which are available now or by next month in time for the holidays. Titles include Battlefield: Bad Company 2, EA Sports FIFA 11, Heroes Lore, High Caliber Hunting, EA Sports MMA, EA Sports NBA Elite 11 and -- specially built just for iPad -- SimCity Deluxe HD.

FIFA 11 ($5) adds more than 500 real teams from leagues around the world, along with 30 authentic stadiums and real players such as Kaka and Wayne Rooney, and is available now. Compatible with the iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4, iPad, or the 3rd-generation or better iPod Touch running iOS 3.0 or higher.

[​IMG]

Also debuting is EA Sports MMA, the company's first foray into MMA for iOS and specifically designed for the Retina Display of the iPhone 4 and latest iPod Touch, the game features multiple fighting styles and more than 20 real-life fighters. It is expected to appear in the App Store this month.

[​IMG]

The last sports title is EA Sports NBA Elite 11, the only true 5-on-5 NBA game on the App Store, and also designed with the Retina Display in mind. Updated rosters for all 30 teams and commentary from the NBA announcers at ESPN add realism. Players can use over 450 players, unlock legends, and play the new 3-point Shootout Mode. It too is expected to appear in the App Store later this month.

[​IMG]

On the fantasy and adventure quest front, Heroes Lore is a RPG imported from Korea that features online 1-on1 or 2-on-2 player action. The game is expected to be released this month, but pricing has not yet been announced.

[​IMG]

Announced for November is Battlefield: Bad Company 2, a console-style warfare-simulation game featuring 14 single-player missions across five battle zones. The game offers tanks, choppers and online multiplayer options.

[​IMG]

High Caliber Hunting uses the Retina Display of the latest iPhone and iPod Touch to maximize the realistic natural environments of more than 20 different types of game, from squirrels and rabbits up to bear and moose. The game offers up to 70 brand-name firearms and gear to give players the most authentic hunting experience.

Finally, November will see the release of EA's iPad-specific title SimCity Deluxe HD, boasting immersive graphics, a bigger interactive display and improved touch control. The HUD has been optimized for the iPad screen, and includes drag-and-drop placement of the HUD panel. The game sports other improvements such as simultaneous disaster strikes, textured terrain and animated water. Pricing for SimCity Deluxe HD has not yet been announced.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

source: macnn

2. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #2 f e a r l e s s, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    I want NBA Jam! Could care less about any other EA titles. Probably the only game I'd play with for hours plugged in to the wall.

3. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Amen to that! NBA Jam was fantastic simply because it was so simple. Wonder if anyone bought the rights to that game when Acclaim went bust... They really should try to ressurect that game!

4. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009

5. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    sim City Deluxe for iPad...finally! No more sim city on a tiny little iPhone screen. This game was made for a bigger screen. Instant buy for me.

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I really like FIFA 11. By far the best football game on the iDevice.

7. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #7 dyscode, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    sorry, EA, not one bit.

But I adore you for bashing this Edge Troll!

8. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Heeeeeeeee's Onnnnnnn Fiiiiirrrrrrreeeee!!!!!!

9. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    What about reckless racing?

10. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I was wondering the same thing :confused:

But I guess they are going through EA Partners, that might make the difference

11. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Great, no new PGA golf game (arguably their biggest AppStore title to date) and no reckless racing.

Not a whole bunch to look forward to really it seems, as far as I'm concerned.

12. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    Couldn't agree more, the only 2 games they have that I would want