iPad EA Mobile: Submit Your Questions To The Producers

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CraigLaw, Dec 12, 2008.

1. CraigLaw

CraigLaw Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Content & Community Manager, EA Mobile
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey All -

I have a unique opportunity this Saturday to sit down with the Producers of "SimCity" and "Need for Speed Undercover" (the iPhone/iPod touch versions) during an Apple Store event here in Los Angeles. I think it's going to be cool because we haven't done anything like this before and Apple is getting behind gaming like I've never seen before.

So, I figured I'd ask the peeps here @ touchArcade if you had any questions you wanted me to ask of them? Could be anything about SimCity or NFS Undercover or even mobile gaming in general. Maybe you have a cool idea or feature request?

That's about it. Look forward to hearing what's on your minds!

CL

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    First of all, how did you get that cool-looking font? Second, why are gas and brake pedals absent from NFS Undercover, were they trying to fully utilize the iPhone's accelerometer or just lazy? Third, could I have a free copy of NFS...kidding!...

3. I'll second asking them about auto gas and brake in NFS. Is there a manual option? Otherwise, tell them to stuff it up their exhaust pipe!

4. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Tell them to get a load of us on here with ad-hoc copies for a week before release to pound on it to find bugs .... the most bug-ridden games i've bought so far are from EA and Gameloft ...

Since its possible to distribute "beta" copies i would recommend they get a load of experienced players to try and find those nasty last bugs which could be show stoppers

They also need to remember that framerate is key ... optimise the game-code and maintain that smooth play

5. CraigLaw

Dec 7, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    The first one is easy :) Under the Title there's a Fonts menu with about 20 choices.

Second, it's been some time since I've seen the game in person and it's come a loooong way. When I get my hands on it this Saturday, I'll see how they implemented the controls and I'll ask about why they did it that way.

Thirdly, stay tuned. I've been talking to one of the very cool curators around here, Blake, about a give-away. It's not NFS (obviously, the game isn't out yet) but it's another very popular iPhone/iPod touch game by EA. You'll see something pop up here within the next day or two...

6. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Cool, thanks! Definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for that one...

7. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I'm not so much talking about a give-away (although thats usually cool but also usually limited to the USA) but more about trying to actually HELP them find their problems and bug-testing by using the ad-hoc ability within AppStore ... too many games are getting released full of bad bugs and i'd be happy to volunteer time to help let them know about problems.

8. CraigLaw

Dec 7, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yep, the whole beta or trial code is brand new from Apple (not sure if it's fully rolled out yet?) so I'm sure you'll see happening moving forward. If there are any keys to be had, I promise to do my best to get you guys some copies. I don't make the call, but in my opinion this is the perfect place to do such testing.

I'll figure out a good way to convey your second point to them, about framerate. They care, and are definitely not against hearing constructive feedback.

9. CraigLaw

Dec 7, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes, unfortunately these are limited to USA.
    I'm waiting myself to hear more info on the trial codes myself. My understanding is that we don't have these right now. The moment I hear anything, I'll definitely share it here.

10. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Do the questions have to be SimCity/NFS related?

If not, I would like to know if EA plans on developing any of it's excellent Sports titles? Personally, I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of MVP Baseball 2005 (I know the deal with the baseball games). But I would like to know if they plan on developing a version of Madden for the iPhone? Or what other games they have in the works?

Thanks!

11. CraigLaw

Dec 7, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    The event is focused on those titles, so I doubt Ill be able to get any EA SPORTS info just yet. We did recently put out Fantasy Football, fyi. It's a free app.

Oh, and the MLB license kills me. If only Take 2 happened...

12. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    #12 snow_mani, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
    But is it available outside of the USA?

Hi Craig and welcome.

I have a question for you. Is this available to non US iTunes accounts? And if not (like other EA apps) why not?

13. CraigLaw

Dec 7, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't know about FF but the rest of our catalog should be available in many territories outside of the US. Where are you located?

14. Liljeberg

Liljeberg Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Graphic Designer / IT Support
    Sweden
    Craig, make them promise promise promise to release Sim City to international AppStores! (They'd be very stupid if they didn't)

In Sweden we only have Spores and Tetris. And when there was a price drop on Spore we didn't get that discount here either. :mad:

15. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Australia

I'm located in Australia. To be honest sports titles don't interest me. I asked the question because I seem to recall EA titles that are not available worldwide and I wanted to know why. I come across the odd app that is not available outside the USA and the reason why for most of them is not clear or obvious to me. It is not something I would like to see become a trend.

16. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    I have a question about Spore: Origins. Why did the devs decide to only release the cell stage of the game, AND dumb it down? The full game (all stages, all editors, online integration) could be awesome on the iPhone, which is perfectly capable of handling it.

Thx,
    Haephestos

17. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Yeah EA, why you hatin' on Sweden?

18. DukeofAnkh

DukeofAnkh Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Melbourne
    I second the question about international releases.

While I think it would be absolutely great to have full Spore on iPhone, I don't have anything against Origins. I think it's better than the PC/Mac version's cell stage. The controls are certainly nicer and smoother (the manoeuvring in the computer version really annoys me).

I would like to know, however, whether they're thinking about releasing iPhone versions of any other Spore stages, eg Creatures like on the DS.

19. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Own Music...

Could you ask them why they don't allow the user to listen to their own music while playing their games? I know many people (including me) would like to listen to their own music while playing games such as Yahtzee Adventures and Sudoku.

20. texazzpete

texazzpete Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Can you please ask if Fifa Soccer will be coming out for the iPhone?