Dynasty Warriors: Unleashed (By NEXON Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Amenbrother, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Robulous

Robulous Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I'm having fun with it so far. It KINDA scratches my itch for Spartan: Total Warrior..... one of my all-time favorites.

2. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #42 ChaosProdigy, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Guys I'm so confused as to what are the best heroes i already own? Not familiar with names, if u could tell me in my below picture which ones i should focus on?

Also, how do you go from 4->5->6 stars? Thank you

[​IMG]

3. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I think with these types of games it doesn't matter which specific character you use, as long as it's a high rarity. So just play whichever ones you find appealing. Also, I know you said you're not familiar with names but I couldn't help but comment on how lucky you are by getting 4 star versions of Lu Lingqi (top row, fifth column) and Zhou Yu (second row, third column), which are my favorite male and female characters.

4. NotCoolBro

NotCoolBro Active Member

Mar 20, 2013
    #44 NotCoolBro, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Do you see that gentleman in the third row... first column... That gentleman is named "Lu Bu" and you are very fortunate to have him. Go ahead and start leveling him up and you'll soon discover why he is considered the most powerful character in the Dynasty Warriors series.

Edit: Also to answer your leveling question... In order to promote a 4* character to 5* and 5*-6*, you'll first need to level your desired character to his/her max level (4* max level is level 40). Then once that character has reached max level you'll need to sacrifice 4 other 4* characters in order to promote that one single character you have been working on. For a 5* character (max level 50), you'll need to sacrifice 5 other 5* characters in order to promote that one single desired 5* character to 6*. Disheartening, yes :(. The 4 or 5 other characters being merged/sacrificed can be any level as long as they are the same star rank as the character you are trying to promote.

5. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Oh, damn. I didn't notice you had Lu Bu. Ignore everything I said and max him out.

6. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Lvl 1 Lu Bu
    "Hulk Smash!!!"

7. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    #47 fabell, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    If you are interested in the characters or the story, there is a really good podcast called the Romance of the Three Kingdoms Podcast which takes you through each chapter and tells the story of each character without you needing to read the book (which is very long and at times very boring).

As for the game,

--- here it is ---

I want to love it, I really do. Some things that would make it infinitely better though -

1. Fix the bugs. Numerous crashes, buggy screens, crashes (that end up having you spend energy without being to complete the level but still get two stars), sfx and music when put to 0 still causing podcasts and music to stop playing (even though the game has an auto-battle infinitely option), the battle loop being cancelled when a new area or feature unlocks, and others.

2. Put some descriptions of the characters unlocked so far (Like Final Fantasy Brave EXVIUS does), and please put names on the characters in the promotion screen. With so many characters you need to juggle, you have to memorize faces when promoting officers.

3. Fix 3-5. It seems to be unbeatable. I have a level 26 character doing it (2000 power above recommended) but she is still dying extremely fast. My follow-up two level 16s die in one hit and I get an insta-defeat. I'm going to keep grinding but I really don't want to play the guessing game about which character might be able to survive the double-teaming onslaught. My overpowered mage chick can't even take down one of the officers but clears every previous level with 3 stars without breaking a sweat.

4. Fix the sound bug on cinematics. If I turn off the sound because I can't have my phone playing boises but when doing the auto battle or battle loop and my phone suddenly starts shooting out battle taunts and insults in Japanese during the cinematics (which are epic and awesome), it's distracting and frustrating.

5. The pricing for game packs this game pushes are insulting and ridiculous. Every ten minutes the game is saying what a great deal it would be if I spent $30 on stuff I can grind out in a couple days of play. Make packs that are more affordable and reasonable to mobile players. It's a really great game and I'd love to see the hard work that went into it really pay off.

8. jjlujan

jjlujan Member

Mar 31, 2017
    This game was okay for me. I liked it more with PS2 and PS3. Will any companies make Pirate Warriors for iphone? I am for sure I will play Pirate Warriors for smartphone version and willing to pay money for it if I need to.