Dynasty Warriors: Unleashed (By NEXON Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Amenbrother, Mar 30, 2017.

1. NotCoolBro

NotCoolBro Active Member

Mar 20, 2013
    It's very similar to MFF... Similar in genre and gameplay style. Three character swap setup, multiple attack buttons with recharge timers for each attack, similar star tier upgrade system, gameplay that revolves around mowing down hordes of enemies (something I want from a DW game) etc. I never said it was not for me... I said its fun but just not as good as MFF. It's repetitive, but I expected that.

I'm not finished playing around with it and checking out the other game modes, but I played MFF for over a year + that I'm just exhausted from the gameplay style. I'll play it later tonight although I'm slightly disappointed that it looks like Gan Ning hasn't been added to the roster yet :(

2. Boboy

Boboy Active Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Mfi controls

Hello! This Game have support MFI Steelseries controls? Thank you!

3. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    And internet connection required? Am I just dreaming?? Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    There it is. I was wondering where the crying about internet required post was.

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    This is pretty accurate. Despite the DW name, it isn't all that much different than all these other F2P action RPGs. And, honestly, the formula is getting old. I'm not totally against freemium but these games are so connect the dots in the way they are designed.

6. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    server based games?

I am not bitching about it because I got plenty of offline rpgs, but I am wondering why the game is so heavy (+2gb)and yet requires internet connection.
    And they say it's to keep people from hacking the game, but that's not true. ( give this game a few weeks and you will see--- PS I AM NOT ADVERTIZING PIRACY---- so please)
    As Dh 5 is hackble. And even mc5 --- and there is no secret on how it's done, maybe a longer process, but possible.
    I would give this game a better rating for not being a server based rpg.
    And yet I don't think this game is that " AWESOME ", there is nothing new here, nothing I haven't seen and played before. ( nothing done better than the gazillions free to play Korean and Japanese RPGs.) this is an ok game at best.
    But with more updates it could be something. ( I will be updating my review with a future update)
    ANYWAY--- if you guys have 3 Gb of your device to waste, and don't mind server based game (which the devs can take away from you at anytime-- MONSTER Hunter EXPLORE, STARWARS, BLOOD MASque) it's a 3 stars game.
    But for me it's just #

7. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Not out in Japan.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This pretty much sums up my experience with this too. It's good for some casual gaming, but lacks meat that makes games real gems. Played about 3 hours of this before i got bored of doing the same thing over and over. Doesnt make it a bad game, just not for me.

9. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Yeah, I understand why developers go for the freemium route, but it's always a bit sad for me, because there's a lot of potencial on these games. But since the whole thing is balanced to allow non-paying players, everything turns into a big grind, stages, in a gear check, which basically denies any input you might have since you're just pushing the buttons mindlessly (or arguably worse, letting your device play the game for you), and then there's all the crafting/imbuing/upgrading mechanics, which feel like a chore, and a money-grab.

I know, that's the way it is, I'm not complaining, just expressing my frustration at the state of things.

Aaaand I'm derailing this thread, aren't I? Don't want to turn this into one of those f2p vs premium discussions, so, please ignore my rant, and if you find yourself unaffected by all these issues, then this game is pretty cool, well worth a try.

10. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Yes. If I see that a game is Free, I never trust the forums for an honest opinion. However, this game really is rather dull. It's not bad...just lacks any depth or any mechanic that makes it stand out from other games in the genre.

11. NotCoolBro

NotCoolBro Active Member

Mar 20, 2013
    I played a little more this evening. Managed to reach an account level of 24 with a level 30 4* Zhou Tai. I checked out some of the other game modes as well including the live PVP. I still stand by my statement from earlier... After the first few levels you pretty much know what to expect from this game. Its just like Marvel Future Fight but not as good.

The game has great graphics and its nice to revisit the series again... but I'm completely burned out from the MFF formula after playing that game for over a year +. I cant see myself playing this for much longer. It was a nice time waster while it lasted though.

12. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    no wonder it doesnt show any of the action nor trailer on the appstore screenshot
    i thought it would be the same kind of experience on Ps4
    so its the same crap with a different name for the low standard mass seeking to waste time on their phone

13. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Because it seems like 9 out of 10 times F2P games are heavily based around the monetization aspect of the gameplay and require us to be connected to wifi or use our data. For many of these games, my experience feels like an arcade machine, where I either have to spend more money or more time than I want to get anywhere. Someone said they feel hallow, which is a great word for it.

I'd love to try a Dynasty Warriors on iPhone, but I won't even bother downloading something that is an online only, F2P modeled game. Not when I've still yet to beat Jade Empire.

14. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Coming from the perspective of a fan of the series back on the PS2 who hasn't played Future Fight, I really like it. It's close enough to the classic Dynasty Warriors feel and the monitatization is more than fair.

15. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I second this. The daily rewards are pretty good and they even give you a rare character draw for free each day.

16. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    Dynasty Warriors is one of my all time favorite franchises. I've owned and played most of them since DW2. I will admit that this version controls very smooth, and looks just like a console version of the game. I'm just tired of the freemium framework for (most) mobile games. It's the same blueprint I've already played a hundred times. I would have been happier paying $9.99 for a straight up DW mobile game than one of this brand. Sorry, deleted it.

17. Infinite Zero

Sep 13, 2013
    I've hit a wall at level 5-5. I won't call it a paywall, since I can eventually overcome it with enough grinding; but suddenly my level 33 6 star character with maxed out 5 star armor and maxed out 4 star weapon can't kill the boss.

18. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    I'm out. I've played many Dynasty Warriors games, and hoped to play one on iOS. But the freemium model just makes it boring. I don't want to play sim-crafting games. I want story. Romance of the Three Kingdoms is a fun story that I love playing around in. Traditional DW had specific missions and sub-missions (and hidden missions) to unlock different equipment and characters, and those missions at their best were story related. This has almost none of that. It doesn't matter who you're playing as, it's the same story. Further, this has none of the battlefield management aspects. At least in hard mode traditional DW, you had to be careful about where you took your general, and you had to watch battle objectives and respond to moral issues, or at least capture guard towers before the enemy did. This again has practically none of that. Just micro-battles and lots and lots of crafting. Oh, and layers and layers of different "currency".

19. Electrolite82

Electrolite82 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Musician
    Belfast
    Yayyyyyy starting to get better reviews,I love it!!:)

20. Infinite Zero

Sep 13, 2013
    I've now beaten it on normal. I'm not sure if I will continue on hard or not.