Dustoff Vietnam $2.99->$0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by mr_bez, Dec 5, 2014.

1. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    I am so sorry to hear that! This game was definitely my buy of the week, along with Bean's Dreams. It certainly deserved to be on the front page more than the Night at the Museum game and all those CoC builder like games that we have waaaaay too many of already.

Please make more levels, this game definitely deserves more attention! Such pretty voxel graphics! I had a lot of fun with it, and I will definitely be buying your future games! I understand the immense amount of work that goes in to making a game like this, and the financial issues that come along with it. I feel a lot better about having paid 3 dollars for it now that I know the reason, and I'm glad I was able to contribute in some way. Money well spent!

Everyone get this now, 16 levels of chopper action! ###

2. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Just bought the game.

To help support this developer also check out their 4x4 Jam game it is Great.

If you ever liked Microsoft's Motocross Madness its a lot like it but with cars.

I'm hoping they will release a game with motorcycles to :)

3. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    This was a tough week. A lot of big releases to fight with for a feature.

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    If not for seeing the sale, I would have missed this. So glad I didn't! I love the graphics style and the controls, though tricky, are logical and fun.

5. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013

Apple as a corp is pretty conservative (as many are). I wonder if this game would have seen more success at launch if the name didn't include the name of such a controversial event?

6. thewiccaman

thewiccaman Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I appreciate you being upfront over this. The App store seems akin to a bear pit! So happy to support your work; just bought (admittedly at the sale price!)

7. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    $0.99

Dustoff Vietnam is $0.99 again!

8. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Hats off TA readers!

Checking chart positions the other day I noticed something extraordinary.
    When price changed back to $3 as the sale was over, both grossing and download charts started showing better ranks!
    This is abnormal as less players should buy at a higher price.
    I think the reason is that many readers of this thread actually did not buy at the sale price, but instead wait till the sale is over and bought at the full price.
    Thank you gentlemen!

See it yourself (appannie registration necessary) http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/938154417/rank-history/#vtype=hour&countries=US&start=2014-12-03&end=2014-12-11&device=iphone&view=rank&lm=f
    Price change is 8th December middle of day.
    Also visible on the Australian charts.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Well, I bought it for $1 TBH, but I'd very happily pay for an IAP to generate random levels.

10. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    I'm pretty sure you and I are not playing the same game. Graphics :) Controls :mad:

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Easy controls <> Good controls.

These controls are excellent. They make the game.

12. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Seriously, I don't know how you could ever get through the level with the wind and rain. I've tried it about a hundred times. The controls are what is holding this back from being fun instead of extremely frustrating. They are sloppy and illogical for this type of game. It sure isn't fun like Choplifter was. The first level took way too long to get past, and then they threw carrying boxes in the second level. This games' learning curve is a sheer cliff.

It's not fun if it makes you want to throw your device across the room.

13. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Dustoff Landing in Vietnam

We are glad to announce that a FREE version is also available to download.
    Dustoff Landing in Vietnam has 4 new missions.
    The app can be downloaded from here:
    https://appsto.re/hu/KYfH4.i

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Are you going to add those 4 missions to the paid version? I'd love to play them without having to install an entire new app.

15. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    New missions

We are working on a bunch of new missions, new locations, new features. Will show them here as soon as we can.
    The 4 missions of this free version won't be included because, although they are not the same, they would feel like a repetition of the original ones.