Universal Dust: An Elysian Tail (by Humble Hearts LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NoogyHumbleHearts, Oct 6, 2015.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    The game is beautiful but on iPad mini 2 the dialogue graphics look noticeably pixelated, not HD. The actual game graphics are not as bad but edges are blurry. It's not too bad and graphics still look spectacular but not what I expected. I'd like a feedback from the dev whether it's just a switch that needs to be flipped to make it full HD or whether this is as good as it's going to get. Don't mind either way but it would be great to know.

2. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    PREMIUM is not FREEMIUM. Premium means I *avoid* freemium crap. Except after getting burned by Bioshock and MH4U pulling their titles lately, I'm less thrilled on big-label premiums.

Dust was an instabuy, however.

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Bought it. Played it a little. Love it already. Great job developers. This deserves to be on everyone's idevice.

4. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Thanks for the info. That is just unreal. This guy is a genius and I certainly hope he makes more games. Five star review on the App Store.

5. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    It took him almost 4 years to make this one (i guess the reason being he wanted to make sure everything was to his liking) so maybe hes working on something as we speak, maybe he will get assistance this time too, who knows, i sure hope we can see something else from him too :)

6. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Obviously it was a real labor of love! I have mad respect for him. I hope we see some more iOS games from him and more games of this caliber. This is why I bought my iPad Air last year. I'm broke as a joke lol and had to save for quite a while to get it but games like Dust make me SO glad I have this device.

To the developer of this game, THANK YOU! You sir are amazing!

7. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    So does this work on the iPad mini 1?

8. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The game requires 1 GB of RAM. The first iPad mini just has 500 MB.

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Played it a short while, everything seems to be in place and I can't help but wonder if the texture is a bit on the low res side. Must be my aged eyes.

Control-wise it is a blast but almost guarantee a 3x boost in enjoyment with a MFi controller...

10. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Somehow I've never heard of this before the iOS release. Glad I checked this thread out. Dust is outstanding.

11. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Sounds like a fun game. Will check it out.

12. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Wow...just wow. I held off buying for a little while because I had never heard of it but this is one of those rare iOS games that transcends genre and platform. The story grabs you right from the beginning and doesn't let go and the gameplay is smooth with flawless touch controls. I probably won't even use my controller if it's updated for MFi controllers. If you're on the fence, jump now!

13. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I think this was mentioned before but Fidget had to have been inspired by Nall/Ruby from the Lunar games. I keep waiting for her to ask for some fish to eat.

14. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Got to admit after putting a fair amount of time into it the low res is slightly beginning to grate for me on the air 2. I still love it but when you compare it to the screenshots it does suffer in comparison

15. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Yeah it's pretty blurry on my 6S Plus, too bad because the game is pretty great...

16. Now that you mention it, I compared it to the screenshots and you're right... They look clearer than the actual game, even on my 6S.

17. #177 AppUnwrapper, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Hmmmmm. App Store screenshot:

[​IMG]

Air 2:

[​IMG]

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    iPhone 5 - iOS 7.1.2 - NOT jailbroken...

I can't get past the menu, and it's aspect ratio is screwed up...

Do I need to get a refund, or is this something that can be fixed in the future?

Attached Files:

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I think it's obvious the App Store screenshots are promotional screens, much like the ones for Whispering Willows were.

I don't get what the big deal is. The graphics are a tad bit blurry but you're getting much better performance than if they were at full resolution. Plus, I'm more than happy with this just being 700 MB+ installed rather than a 2-3 GBs just so it looks prettier.

20. Wasn't really complaining. Just comparing for those who were curious. I didn't even notice until everyone kept pointing it out.

I do kind of wish App Store screenshots would show actual screenshots, though. Not a fan of the many tiny screenshots in one image, either.