Universal Dust: An Elysian Tail (by Humble Hearts LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NoogyHumbleHearts, Oct 6, 2015.

1. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I had a hard time believing this was a straight port. I thought it was a spin-off of the console game. I still can't imagine playing this on a phone even after playing many other PC/console ports on my phone. It's like my brain is too old to register that these devices pack that much punch.
    Downloading this now trying not to get too hyped up!

2. awwe

awwe Member

May 21, 2015
    Ok, Looks fabulous, but i wait for MFI-support, then i buy.

My iPad and iPhone is my primary and only gameconsole platform and it is working great with MFI-supported games

3. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I've played this on the PC and jumped at the buy button when I saw it on iOS. It's an absolutely brilliant, beautiful game, lots of exploring and treasure finding, not linear at all. I highly recommend this to everyone. I've played only ten minutes or so on the iPad so far, but the controls seem perfect, very smooth, and it runs perfectly on iPad Air 1.

4. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

Im not sure if my device can run this as my game crashes every time I go through the first scene where I wage war. When it tells me I lost to a child it crashes. My device is a iPads mini so is that something I shouldn't use?

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You need an iDevice with at least a gig of RAM.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So beautiful. I usually play a handful of games when I take my cat out in the mornings, but this is the only thing I played today. This is the best side-scroller I've maybe ever played. The controls work perfectly, the art style is gorgeous, the music is beautifully inspiring, the voice acting is the best I've heard on iOS (up there with AAA titles like Fahrenheit). And that combat... It feels so satisfying! Haven't finished the prologue yet, and it has totally captivated me. Loved when the weather turned to thunderstorms with rain. Pulled me in! Can't wait to keep playing later today!

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #67 redribbon, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

my imps:
    totally my game of the week! smooth control, beautiful graphics, decent story, well narrated, decent voice acting, need i say more? still making the part 2 walkthrough of this game, but i already falling in love with it. This is the reason why i love iOS gaming. a surprise and a decent port like this that made me still believe that there is a future in premium gaming. love it and you should too!

8. #68 AppUnwrapper, Oct 8, 2015
    So, uhh... Speaking of iCloud. I pushed one of my saves to the cloud last night from my iPhone, but when I try to pull it onto my iPad, nothing happens.

Edit: Just tried again. To clarify, I didn't get any error messages on either device, but the save slot remains blank.

9. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Totally Agree! Best $6 I've spent on the app store in a while. I was honestly expecting the dev to charge at least $10 or $15 for this, it's a steal at $6.

10. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    To think that everything in this game (even the voice acting) was all done by one person alone, thats what makes it the most impressive for me

11. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Wow one person ?###

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #72 redribbon, Oct 8, 2015
    what? are you sure about that? that is freaking awesome. im sorry but that was unbelievable that only one guy can make a game as beautiful as this. thank you for sharing the info man, i really hope the dev can join us in this thread so he/she can see how much love his game get from us here :)

kudos to the dev!:)

edit: oops sorry the dev is here already :p

13. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Is it exactly the same game as the PS4 version ?

14. JackDibs

JackDibs Member

Aug 15, 2015
    this game... marvelous!!
    Game of the year for me.

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Yea Red, I originally purchased this game when I saw it on the Steam summer sale. On the games forum I read that with the exception of a few small things the developer did everything himself. Simply amazing. The even more amazing thing is upon comparing both the Steam version and my IPhone version, I prefer the touch screen version. I never ever ever thought I would type this. But it's true. I can't even think of one negative thing to say about this game. It's a beautifully done game. It's worth more than $5.99!

Billy

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I have this for the PS4 and love it. Debating on picking this up again just to play it on the go.

17. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Yes i definitely am, when he releases the game on xbox there was this huge talk about how it was the first time Microsoft was buying out the rights to publish a game that was made by one single developper, maybe he had help bringing it to iOS, only the dev could answer that but i know for sure the original version of the game was made by himself alone.

Truly surprising to ser how one man work can develop to a marvelous level.

18. Anyone else having issues with cloud saves?

19. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Ill try them tonight if no one else answered. Left the ipad home...

Whats the issue, download or upload ?

20. Can't tell because I don't get an error with either one. It seems like it's uploading and downloading, but then nothing shows up in the new save slot. Tried several times already. :/