Universal Dust: An Elysian Tail (by Humble Hearts LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NoogyHumbleHearts, Oct 6, 2015.

1. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Does this have a virtual dpad?
    I'm so stoked to buy this!
    Those visuals are insane!

2. hyuei

hyuei Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Male
    btw, how does the icloud save works? I saw upload icon on the save slot, do we have to manually upload the save?

3. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Omg this is amazing. Controls are fluid and buttons are super customizable. Combat is fun and has lots of options. You find yourself doing all kinds of cool moves and it's fun to watch.

This is the most beautiful thing I've played since implosion, hands down. I can't say better because it's different and I've only played ten minutes, but wow...do yourself a favor and buy this. It's a joy to play.

It even seems like it might be a little metroidvania, I saw a passage I couldn't crawl through but a little rabbit went inside...touches like that, the animals...just amazing. There's a map...materials for crafting something I imagine...looks like potential for a lot of depth.

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Loving the game so far. It’s incredible that a game of this quality and scale is just over 700 MB installed!

One tiny suggestion… it would be an idea to rethink the app name in the next update. It’s unfortunate that it displays as “Dust: An Elys…”

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh darn.. that really bugs me. I don't like seeing those on my homescreen for some reason :\ I've never kept an app that had one just because of my own nit pick.

Btw does this game get the iPhone super hot while playing it? Implosion gets mildly hot but it never gets super super hot like Geometry Wars / Sproggiwood, etc. I couldn't stand playing those ones on an iPhone. They'd probably run better on a bigger device with less heat up.

6. NoogyHumbleHearts

NoogyHumbleHearts Active Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Humble Hearts LLC President, Lead Programmer, Lead
    Colorado
    #46 NoogyHumbleHearts, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Virtual dPad is not the default option, but you can enable it if you prefer. Do give the default gesture controls a try first.

You manually upload or download each individual locally saved slot (10 slots plus an autosave slot). I decided this would give you the best control over how you want to manage files with no room for error.

Yes, this bothers me as well. Most likely once the game has hit a certain saturation I'll be renaming it to 'Dust:AET'.

7. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Oh God! We have not yet completed our games which is a whole list in iOS device(s) and some gems come out of nowhere and we have been again tempted to buy and play!!!! Yes Dust I'm looking You! :p

8. Superatomic

Superatomic Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Talk about backlog.. I got 109 games on my wish list on Steam right now

9. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    This is like a perfect port. Really enjoying this even more than on my Xbox!

10. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Great port! Plays perfectly fine and smooth.
    There's one problem though. Letters like ä,ö,ü arent correctly displayed and instead a * is showing up. Also, some popup texts are messed up anditlookslikethisifyouknowwhatImean.
    Besides that, Dust is a really good game, especially those combo mechanics...dang, could dash and slash my sword all night long without getting bored.

11. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Thing manages to eats the battery like groceries. Other than that, it's outstanding.

12. borismel

borismel Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I got it from a humble bundle back then. And I still listen to the soundtrack until today!
    One of the most enriching experiences I had in a while. If there is a new feature/scene, I'll buy it again because they made a perfect work of art!

13. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Just purchased. So far it's great.

14. NoogyHumbleHearts

Oct 6, 2015
    Colorado
    Huh, this is really interesting, what language is your system set to? The game currently only ships in English so I'm wondering where you are seeing those symbols.

I'm planning on updating at some point with localized versions of the game, although I need to translate a few new items.

15. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #55 Nekku, Oct 8, 2015
    Wait, what? It's set to german and there are definitely german sub-titles which are very well translated (except for the umlauts andtheotherstuff). Did I just got a...super prototype version from the future? o_O

However, get prepared for some reviews mentioning those bugs.

16. NoogyHumbleHearts

Oct 6, 2015
    Colorado
    Hmm, didn't expect that, good to know. Technically it says 'English' only in the store, so that's all I'm currently supporting, didn't realize that existing localizations would 'sort' of work. They would be pretty broken right now though. Most likely you are seeing a bunch of random English words in the menus.

17. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    #57 shadowgamerr, Oct 8, 2015
  18. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    WOW, now that iz Awesome!
    I wish i would have stated Dragons Crown.
    Thank you Humble Hearts LLC!! I am still hyped. Forever i shall stay. Why am i here still reading this Awesome Thread instead of playing this Masterpiece on my iDevice

19. planier93

planier93 Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Wow... I haven't gotten sucked into a game like this in such a long time! I've been sitting here for the past 3 hours kicking baddies butts & drooling over the FANTASTIC controls & BEAUTIFUL animation!

This is one of those ports that makes me proud to be on iOS #

20. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    WOW, unexpected and amazing game!