Universal Dust: An Elysian Tail (by Humble Hearts LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NoogyHumbleHearts, Oct 6, 2015.

1. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    ....and bought

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed on the controls. The game is phenomenal.

3. Nikos

Nikos Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    #23 Nikos, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    I came to ask how it looks on Plus devices. Looks like I may have to grab this.

Have it for PS4 but haven't played it much due to a gigantic backlog. What I played was a lot of fun though. Having it on the go will allow me to play through it.

EDIT: Bought!

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Oh my god they finally did it! This is one of those games I listed some year ago in games I wanted to be ported to iOS!

5. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Ive been playing for an hour and i must say : AWESOME job on the controls, wow, never felt home as much with touchscreen controls on an action game since Bastion.

And honestly, those must be the best controls ive ever seen in an action game on iOS (from a port)

You really went beyond simply adding buttons, the buttons are there but the way you simply touch the left side of the screen in different ways to interact with them is brillant.

I think i might enjoy this game on iOS even more than PC considering the convenience of havin it on the go.

Works like a charm on iPhone 5s, thank you very much for this awesome game !

6. Currently uploading some non-buggy iPhone 6S footage. Tomorrow I want to see how comfortable it is to play on my Air 2, bc I really want to see that art on a bigger screen.

Also, so happy with the way iCloud saves are utilized here. Completely 100% in our control what we want to push to and pull from the cloud. Wish every game would do this!!!!!

7. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Holy crap, so happy this finally came to a device that I regularly game on. I was waiting for a Vita or Wii U version but this will definitely do.

8. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oh sweet my post got deleted.

Anyways this game is great. If this game isn't the damnedest game of the week ever, there is no justice on this Earth.

9. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Controller support?

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Valdis Story would do unspeakable things for....

11. NoogyHumbleHearts

NoogyHumbleHearts Active Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Humble Hearts LLC President, Lead Programmer, Lead
    Colorado
    Glad everyone seems to be enjoying it so far!

Yeah, it was REALLY important to me to give you full control over the cloud saves. Nothing irks me more than bad implementation.

Dust:AET currently does not ship with MFi support but it's something I'm planning to add in the future. Since the game was originally a gamepad game the code is all there, just a matter of making it work with some of the new UI.

12. Nycteris

Nycteris Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Loved this on PC. If you haven't tried it, this is a great price for a great game with fun, memorable characters!

13. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Wow. I didn't realize Dust was coming out on iOS. That's fairly awesome, especially for all the people who may not had a chance to play it yet.

I actually bought this on Steam at the beginning of Summer just on a wild hair that it looked awesome. Of course the reviews are through the roof and it shines as a superior action/adventure for anyone that has hands. I admit I haven't played it for almost a month now since school has kicked back in. But for sure this is an instant purchase for anyone with the space and device to support it.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, it's right there...in the Upcoming thread. :p

15. Nikos

Nikos Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    So it's definitely not native 1080p. I'm not too surprised, as the PS4 version isn't either, but some of the comments here lead me to believe it may have been. It is fun to play though!

16. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    D'oh! Ol' MC always on top of it haha. Man this game is awesome. Those controls! Makes me wonder how some devs can just absolutely botch the ever-lovin' crap out of virtual controls and then some devs can nail them to the point that you forget it's even a factor. Unreal.

17. hyuei

hyuei Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Male
    too bad, I jumped in with my MFI and...well I guess I didn't read the description well lol. looking forward the MFI support! :D

18. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

This is a nice surprise. I have the Xbox 360, PC, and PS4 versions. 100%-ed the PS4 version. One thing I've got to say is, you're in for a real treat. One of the best metroidvanias I've played in recent memory, and I'm a real metroidvania fan.

Just one thing about this iOS version: why in The Wide World of Sports does the app icon have Fidget on it instead of Dust himself? I thought the game was called Dust: An Elysian Tail, not Fidget: An Elysian Tail!

19. NoogyHumbleHearts

NoogyHumbleHearts Active Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Humble Hearts LLC President, Lead Programmer, Lead
    Colorado
    You and I both know who'd win in a fight ;)

20. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

True, Fidget's Spit Attack has saved me so many times. That is some powerful spit.