Universal Dust: An Elysian Tail (by Humble Hearts LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NoogyHumbleHearts, Oct 6, 2015.

1. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    This Videogame iz a blueprint for cool animated fun. A meteor struck the earth near my home. I cooled it off with a pail of water and it cracked open, this was inside. I looked inside the dictionary for the word Amazement. There was no definition to be found, just a photo of this icon. I‘m flipping the pages for the word Masterpiece, same thing. i searched on a map for places to have fun. It showed
    "TA,you are here". i asked Siri to tell me where can i find a beautifully animated game with the most fun and she replied "are you kidding me? Go to the AppStore and type
    Dust: An Elysian Tail"

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Finished it. GOTY. 'nough said!

3. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Any word on controller support. I've seen it asked but didn't see a response. That's the ONE thing this game NEEDS.
    Love the game. Thanks Dev. But please add Mfi if possible!!

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    @Dev
    Rated, of course. Useless to say 5 stars? Looking forward to play Dust 2 in 2-3 years...

@squarezero
    Oh nice, you still have such a long and tough way ahead of you. I played normal mode and beat the game in 21 hours plus another 3 hours to complete it fully.

@wolf7
    What an epic and true post in my eyes.

I haven't had enough so i started Tough mode. Oh boy, the name IS program. My estimatation to beat this mode (ever?) lays around 40 hours, at least.

5. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    How many hours to complete the game

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dare you to read the last post right above yours.

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. Go on. I DOUBLE dare ya!

8. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I triple dog dare you.

9. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Dust: An Elysian Epic Tail

I just beat the game (over 17 hours total time to beat [didn't fully complete everything yet] on Normal Mode), and let me tell you, I enjoyed EVERY SECOND from beginning to end!! The best way to describe this game is in one word: EPIC. This is one of the best XBOX360/PS3 ports to ever hit the AppStore! The story is truly wonderful, and the action and effects are really nice! The game runs flawlessly, and the touchscreen controls (playing on iPad) get the job done well, especially because you can customize the controls to best suit your needs. I will never delete this game; it's officially one of my permanents.

10. nhojuhc

nhojuhc Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Will definitely pick this game up once the DEV supports MFI controllers. I cant at and the idea of playing this via touchscreen

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You would be surprised just how flawless the touch controls are.

12. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️##

13. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I've played through this on Xbox and iPad, and I agree that the touch controls are very good. In fact I can't really imagine how they could be made better, with the exception of tweaking how you trigger dashes. However I still found the touch controls to be inferior to physical controls. Even after 20+ hours of playing on my iPad, I never got to where I could pull off combos or tricky platforming sections as reliably as with a controller. It's just too easy to hit the wrong virtual button compared to physical buttons. It's definitely good enough to be very enjoyable though.

14. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #354 7lilwhitewolf7, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    You Folks are a hoot# For realz
    i'm going to watch the Classic now
    Thank You All for the years ive been here⛄️
    It has been Another Awesome AppStore Gaming Year

#Merry Christmas Everyone#

This Masterpiece helps remind me of why did i stay up watching my Mom play Atari sitting in the hallway instead of getting some sleep for the Awesome field trip at school.
    This year throughout the tears, heartache Loved Ones Transitioned, Accomplishments, Support and Laughter Happiness & Joy with much Amazement this game iz a beautiful beast to me

Here's to TouchArcade and the # TouchArcadians PP&F
    Insert here Maglor holding your favorite games from this year as you exit TA
    Everyplay All Stars
    ________ All Stars
    Or something like that
    ⛅️#⛅️
    ###

15. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Tempted to get this game although my major concern is the controls as it is hard for to imagine virtual controls for this kind of game. I'm also trying to imagine how this could be played on an ipad even the iPad Air 2 as while the ipad is lighter how does a person hold the ipad to play this game or is it that the ipad is placed on a flat surface to play?

The graphics and reviews draw me in...

Open to hearing truly about the ability t use touch screen only controls and ipad vs iPhone. I'm assuming this is optimized for the ipad and iPhone 6 screen with not black bars on the sides?

16. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I decided to begin reading the forum from the beginning and this post is beginning to make me think that the controls are not a problem!

17. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Wow... A few TA posters have make me choose a number of games I purchase and one of them is upwrapper and metal casket who have positive praises as well and thinking about the indie game developing implementing what sounds like great controls and full iCloud support... Amazing!

Sure makes you wonder why non indie developers haven't be able to meet these demands of gamers...

A solo developer with assistance with mainly music? Congrats!!!

18. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I like it on iPad much better than on iPhone. I have an iPhone 6 and iPad 4. The game works fine on either, but at least to my eyes everything looks too small on a phone. The game was designed for PC and consoles, so it's not surprising that everything looks tiny on a phone. I would say the controls work just as well, and maybe even a little better on the phone though, so if you've been fine with other console/PC ports on a phone screen, then I'm sure you'll like this too.

19. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Love this game! Way better than I expected especially for being a touch screen game... Amazed with the game quality especially from the perspective of being mainly created by one person... Wow! Probably one of my favorite iOS games ever...

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Noogy is something else, my friend. Something else. :)