Duplicate apps in updates in iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ugadawg94, Aug 4, 2008.

1. ugadawg94

ugadawg94 New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Well I have seen this post in the apple forums, so maybe if I say something here, apple will see it. It appears that when iTunes on the computer says there is an update, it updates all apps. Of note, the iPhone App Store shows no updates, thus leaving me with 6 or 7 copies of the app in my Mobile Applications folder. Plus not sure if the apps that need updating are the ones being moved to the iPhone, since there is not a way to see the version on the phone.

Anyone else see this.

[​IMG]

2. ReformatPlanet

ReformatPlanet Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    I've noticed a few strange happenings in the update process for apps, but havent taken the time to look into them since they never seemed to really impare any functionality. It's probably just glitches that could be ironed out in the next update. Apple is probably aware of it but it may not be a high priority.

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    if you want to make sure you have the newest version on your iphone just delete all but the newest one. I've done this several times so I can keep track of what is in the mobile apps folder and have seen no problems from it.

.ipa files are not just the apps themselves, they also contain your last save state. There are so many of them because if an app does give you problems you can find a specific save state or version that is working better.

4. Auzburner

Auzburner New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I'm getting tons of duplicate UpDate notifications and it's bugging me. Some problem.

Now my iPhone won't backup. It gets about 1/4 in the process and sits there for hours.

5. antony09

antony09 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Duplicate Remover

File Finder software will be useful for you. It will help you find duplicate mp3, tracks, music files. Search by mp3 title – you can use this method when you want to get more disk space removing duplicate mp3 files. It is for Windows and Vista.

duplicate ITunes