Dunnit! - An OpenFeint enabled To Do list with Push Notifications

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Runloop, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Awe, too bad I missed them. This looks like an interesting app.

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Alright, I'm going to be honest, at first i was skeptical of the application, then I got a promotion code from the Contest, and this thing is near perfect. All it needs is the ability to alert (Email, Push) when a task is due.

3. Runloop

Runloop Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    To all those that missed the promocodes you could always buy the app. If people buy it, it will ensure future development of the app.

4. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I agree with pretty much everything you said here. Its a fascinating subject that's for sure. :D

The cell phone bill is a particularly interesting example as well, as it is traditionally reinforced through negative reinforcement (late fee's, cut off your cell, poor credit rating). I wonder how more inclined people would be to pay their bill if instead of being punished, they were rewarded with 50 free SMS's if paid on time etc?

5. tauceti

tauceti New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Confirming the desire for OpenFeint

I was just thinking to myself last night, if only there were an app that would give me OpenFeint achievements for washing the dishes or writing several days in a row! I'm so glad someone else did it so I wouldn't have to make it myself! Although I'm more interested in a simpler app that lets me build in just a few repetitive tasks and track them with Xs on a calendar (Seinfeld-style), this is a great idea as well.

It would be neat if you could release a lite version for free (or cheaper) that only allows 2 or 3 tasks so folks could try it out. I have previously bought Appigo's Todo app for $10 so I'm not afraid of paying for a good app, but for $5 I want to know that I would like the interface. I also second the request for Toodledo integration, because I hate typing on my little iPod keyboard :S

6. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    This is pretty interesting as it could apply to short term work goals as well. There are many jobs out there that aren't that great (even though they pay). Having an app with achievements might make you look at things in a different (more fun) light and increase your productivity.

+1 for a lite version. I'd like to try it out before I decide for myself if it is worth the $4.99.

Also a question. You have OpenFeint on this but is all the data stored on the device or a cloud account? Is there a desktop companion for entering lists? I ask mainly because if the app is removed and reinstalled I'd hate to have to enter all my information again. I know there are backups with iTunes but I've had more than my fair share of issues with those backups and don't really rely on them much anymore.

I've tried a few todo list apps but would prefer one that would sync to my device (from laptop/desktop hard drive) or store data in the cloud as a backup.

7. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Do you have plans to add push notifications? I don't have it yet...but I would het it if it had push....

And about the achievments...how do they work?

8. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Adding push requires a lot of work and finance. If the app is success we'll add it. If not, we can't. Maybe this is a catch 22 situation...

The achievements are collected by completing things such as 10 tasks created, 5 tasks a day early, used Dunnit for 5 consecutive days etc. You also accrue points as you use the app, once you get certain scores and meet other criteria you win the level awards which simulate leveling up like in RPGs.

9. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Anyway, just a quick not to mention that Dunnit is free for today. So if you were thinking about it and couldn't justify $5, now's you chance to get hold of it.

What are you waiting for?

10. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Hi all,

Dunnit is no longer free but we are feeling generous today so here are 10 promocodes:

H9779M334TY4
    NJN64WJA69MT
    Y3HA9T97XF3F
    WRYJKARAE3JP
    JY6RHYFNEKWA
    WE4X4J6P7RJL
    ME64NETJL6YN
    9JYAHKPPF97J
    FKPNPMTEF676
    PEK6LJFMRR7J

Post the ones you claim.

11. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Can a mod change the thread title to:

Dunnit! - An OpenFeint enabled To Do list with Push Notifications

Thanks

12. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    used ME64NETJL6YN

but just noticed that push notifications is dlc, hmmmmm.......

13. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Unfortunately push is an ongoing cost for us that isn't not covered by app sales. Especially, not covered by promocodes.

I'll let you into a secret though. We've put in an update that unlocks them. At which point we'll be hiking the price.

14. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Oh :)
    in that case glad i grabbed a promo !

15. Khayman

Khayman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    So what happends to the possibility to back up to toodledo or a server of some kind?

16. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    #56 Runloop, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
    To be honest there is more chance of a completely new version built from the ground up which ties straight into the Calendar app which you could sync. That's quite remote as well though. At least for a few months.