Dunnit! - An OpenFeint enabled To Do list with Push Notifications

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Runloop, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Runloop

Runloop Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    #1 Runloop, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
    We're giving away 50 free copies of Dunnit! ​

All you have to do to enter is post the following message on twitter and follow @dunnitapp to claim your promocode:

RT @dunnitapp: 50 Dunnit! promocodes up for grabs. RT & follow to claim yours (US Store only) http://bit.ly/dunnit #dunnitapp

[​IMG]

That's right! At Runloop our new OpenFeint enabled to do list has just been released on the App Store. Now you can get competitive over your task management.

Gamers need to Get Things Done too, right?

Level up by earning XP simply by using the app. Collect 40 other achievements such as "Centurion - Create 100 tasks" to increase your gamerscore.

On top of all that you'll have one of the easiest to use and most visually stunning To Do lists apps there is on the App Store. With features including repeating task, multiple task importing, twitter integration, built in support, and more!

Check out the screen shots for yourself.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Available in English, German and Finnish so far.

Only $4.99 / 3.99€ / £2.99 on the App Store.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

More info is available on our beautiful website:
    http://www.dunnitapp.com

Hope you enjoy it.

2. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Why did this get moved?

3. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Because it is an app and not a game.

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Must...Get..Lol

5. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Don't knock it until you've tried it ;-)

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I was being serious about must getting it lol :p

7. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Excellent, you won't be disappointed :)

8. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    This looks like win.

9. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    It has win all over.

10. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I'm going to be honest, this looks like a pile of shit. Why the hell would you integrate achievements into an application that people are suppose to use to help them? It sounds a bit stupid considering OpenFeint is for Games, not for productive utlitilies. Plus it just seems like a way to get people to use your application. Instead of having features that people will want to buy them, you seem to have just added achievements for those of us who are achievement junkies.

[​IMG]

11. lanstar

lanstar Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Awww... Things were looking so positive until someone had to go all crazy on us, less negativity, more constructive criticism please. Hey man, devs try lots of different things all the time to get sales, just part of an evolving community. Why not add openfeint to a to do app? OK maybe it's a bit gimmicky, but like the dev said, don't knock it till you've tried it.

12. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    #12 Runloop, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
    Thank you for your comments. Obviously, you are entitled to that opinion.

We made Dunnit! as people actually wanted something like this and there was nothing that filled their needs:
    http://twitter.com/prehensile/status/7365316902
    http://twitter.com/paulpod/status/9737655729

We used OpenFeint as there is nothing out there for a non game app with achievements. But who's to say these apps shouldn't have achievements for their users as well.

Why not have a weight tracking app that awards achievements when a user meets their weightloss goals? Or a running app that awards your first 10 mile run?

People are proud of what they have achieved whether it be in a game or in life.

Besides which, OpenFeint is completely optional. The task management features alone make Dunnit! worth buying.

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Obvious troll is obvious.

14. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I'll admit the Weight loss and running app do sound like a good idea. And for people to actually suggest that wow.. Unexpected.

Obvious hater is obvious

15. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Oh the irony..

16. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Is a pretty good idea for people like me, who are competitive about everything :p. But of course people will cheat just for the easy points...

17. alpha78

alpha78 Well-Known Member

Any future plans to throw in a toodledo or google task sync? I have to admit, the gamescore 'ho' in me desperately wants to 'play' this.

Also, the idea of OF in a weight/exercise app sounds awesome.

18. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    $4.99 is really steep compared to many other list apps. I'd definitely buy this for $2.99 but $5 is just a lot in my opinion.

19. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  20. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Yes, we're aware that cheating will be a problem on the leaderboards. If people are so inclined to sit there entering tasks all day to be the best 'task enterer' so be it. They deserve it. We might tweak the scoring in an update to reward people that use the app frequently. This is in there to some degree at the moment but it quite possibly needs more.

Yes, there are plans to add Toodledo or google sync some day. I can't say when right now. Shortly there will be an export to email feature to fill the gap though.

It's true, there are 100's cheaper todo list apps on the app store. Just look at them though. Personally, we believe Dunnit is a fair price. It's cheaper than all the established todo lists (Things, Todo, 2Do, Omnifocus etc).

Precisely.