Universal DUNGEONy - (by Korigame)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Korigame, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Korigame

Korigame Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    The score is kinda arbitrary right now. I may add something in the future, but right now the things which are saved focus on an overall impression of the game: no. of times played, fastest time, etc...

It's a game where the challenge is to first actually finish the game - score and time were less important to me. But I'll keep it open for consideration.

I'll count your comment as one vote toward separate scores :)

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah, I say the win/loss and time also should be tracked by class as well.

3. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Maybe somebody (or the dev) could put up some video of the gameplay? I like this kind of game... enjoyed both Dungelots but they were cheaper and I can't imagine this game matching either as far as gameplay refinements, etc

I'd love to be proved wrong but since its starting on the high side for this kind of pixel game I'm gonna wait until I can see something. Hate to be such a cheap ass but there are just SO many good titles to buy.

Looks good though - hope it sells something as I know how easily games get lost in Apple's quest to serve two million hamburgers. App Store = quantity over quality every time.

4. Korigame

Aug 29, 2013
  5. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Game is so good. Has good amount of different characters to chose from and has such charm. I really enjoyed my experience with it so far. D you really enjoy rouge like games I would for sure recommend Dungeony. Now excuse me while I go play for the rest of the night!

6. Korigame

Aug 29, 2013
    You are very kind - super glad you are enjoying it!

7. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Got nothing but mad love for this Dev developing this game all on his own!!!

It's also great to see devs so active in the forum. I will get downloading, playing and posting about this game as soon as I'm home.

It looks awesome!

P.s as soon as I saw the Zelda reference in the trailer, I knew this game was for me!

8. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    And again ... Ill have to wait till i get apple money so ill get this game :) looks great :))

9. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Is game in full screen on iPad ?

10. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    No, it's slightly letter-boxed.

11. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Wish you could continue your game after the app has been shut down and restarted. Just lost a lot of progress. Assumed there would be some kind of "continue" button when I went back into the game...

12. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    This game is excellent. Has anyone completed it yet?

13. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    As a knight yes

14. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Any tips. Do people clear floors or find they last longer trying to get straight to the exit?

15. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Just bought and played a bit with knight class.First impression is really good, it's not a complex game but it does involve some strategic planning on which path to take on floors, when to level up and a bit of luck with encountering shopkeeper ; character and enemies artwork is excellent, music suits the game fine and there is plenty variations in game to ramp up replay value.Whole " playing on old CRT screen like " presentation of game suits it excellent.

16. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I cleared couple first floors to get keys, then go for exit trying to avoid worms, frogs and wisps especially on first floors.
    Also, use bombs.

Found a bug. Boss spawned a mob on top of my barbarian and I couldnt do a thing after that.

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #37 Royce, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    Is there no way to save and resume later?

Also, what are ladders for? (Edit: Nevermind, just figured ladders out)

18. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    So my final review.

4/5 stars

Game is a really charming rouge like game. Where you just want to keep playing after you die. The music is great and the enemies are varied.

The only problem I have is the different characters, which really at this point just serve as difficulty settings but it would be cool if they would each have different attacks instead of just swinging a sword.

In the end I really enjoy this game and will be keeping it on my itouch for awhile for sure. This is a tre gem.

19. Korigame

Aug 29, 2013
    #39 Korigame, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    Thanks Ramaz! Glad you liked it :)

Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to what they'd like to see in the game, let me know. It would be nice to do a few updates that add additional enemies and things.

20. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I agree , if developer got trough trouble of making sprites for more character classes it would be viable to add at least one special ability to each class or maybe different statuses, that would ramp up gameplay for sure.