Universal Dungeons of Dreadrock (by Christoph Minnameier)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 12, 2022.

1. DoctorFunfrock

DoctorFunfrock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2022
    thank you very much, the whole idea of it was to make people happy :) :)

thanks also for the reports, seems like loading into 97 causes this problem but not others and I guess I know why.
    The fact that you can
    leave your stuff (like the book) in other wallniches
    has also been reported to me.
    You were like "enough with this tedious inventory management" ^^

All in all there seem to be just a handful of annoying bugs that can occur, I'll have handled that with one or two updates.

2. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    What an absolute gem this is! Love it!

DoctorFunfrock likes this.
  3. geigerm

geigerm Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I'm really enjoying everything about the game so far--looks great, plays great, appreciate the humor.

However, I'm stuck on level 54 (Rest In Peace). I've read the hints for the level. I think I'm following them ... but nothing's happening. Can someone give me an additional push in the right direction?

4. DoctorFunfrock

Feb 13, 2022
    Hey there.
    Suspected Bug: you cheated yourself a second sword. Now you can't get unarmed.
    How to Check: If you throw your sword away, does your character still hold?
    How did this Happen: i suspect you have a keyboard attached which allows for Cheats. I didnt expect this Setup to cause problems so i didnt remove them (will do in next Update).
    Now to fix it please let me know whether you have a keyboard attached.

5. geigerm

geigerm Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Thanks for the quick response! I do appear to still have a sword in my hand after throwing my sword away, but I'm not using a keyboard. I'm playing on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and just using the touch controls.

6. DoctorFunfrock

Feb 13, 2022
    OK thanks. Could you please load earlier Levels (via the Menu) and check since when this Problem exists?

7. geigerm

geigerm Member

Oct 25, 2010
    It's looked that way ever since I got the ability to throw my sword in Level 44--went back to that level, replayed it, and confirmed the issue starts there.

I'm wondering if the bug came about because ...

I initially went straight from level 36 to 38 without ever visiting level 37. I can see the Watcher on the left side of my screen when I'm on level 38, but I didn't figure out how to get over there until I decided to go back and replay 36 once I realized 37 was "missing" from my save games list.

That's the only thing I can think of I did that might have been a bit out of the ordinary.

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I can only really add my praise to what’s gone before. Took me about 10 mins to commit to the (ridiculously cheap) iap to remove ads and have spent the last hour or so on it. So good.

9. DoctorFunfrock

Feb 13, 2022
    hm that's a tough one, I can't connect the dots yet, I assume it has nothing to do with the missing savegame but I'll check..
    but for you after replaying level 44 the issue was resolved, right? or did you mean you can even reproduce this?

10. geigerm

geigerm Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I can reproduce the error when I replay level 44, and it doesn't resolve the issue--it still appears that I'm holding a sword after throwing it, so I can't get past 54.

I'm tempted to delete everything and start over but would obviously prefer not to do that.

11. DoctorFunfrock

Feb 13, 2022
    you won't have to, but this is to specific, I don't want to spam this thread so I PM'd you

12. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    There’s a bug in my level 10 of the game. I avoid killing any of the goblins, run straight to the “safe spot”, and after the flames kill all the goblins, they won’t stop as they’re supposed to. I even checked a video wallkthrough, and I’m doing exactly as in the video, but the flames don’t stop as they do in the video. Obviously, I won’t be able to complete the game in its current state.

13. Avocado Avenger

Sep 15, 2021
    Absolutely wonderful game, great animation and puzzles which consistently evolve.
    I too am having issues with level 54, where you are supposed to leave your weapon behind, as was described by geigerm (character still shows having a weapon, thus making the level impassable).

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    This one’s easy, you’re too quick. You have to make sure to not activate the plate too early. If the first goblin dies on the pressure plate, the remains will “weigh it down” and it’ll constantly keep firing.

I suspect it’s a little bug, but the workaround is to just wait a split second longer before moving through the pressure plate to the safe zone.

David1953 likes this.
  15. DoctorFunfrock

Feb 13, 2022
    I assume that's just a dead Goblin on the foorplate? If you really think it's a bug please send me an e-mail (Support in Store) with a Screenshot. I feel like my answers here kind of captured this forum that was not my intention sorry.

David1953 likes this.
  16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It’s all good. We love having developers here talking to people directly, so no worries on our end. Plus it’s good for people to see how responsive you are. ;)

For level 10 - I feel like it’s a visual inconsistency more than a true “bug”. Visually the goblins are incinerated to ashes and then the ashes disappear, leaving no trace. And yet the pressure plate (mechanically) remains weighed down. Hence the weird feeling, because (mechanically) if the goblins are fireballed one tile below the pressure plate, it stays deactivated.

David1953 likes this.
  17. DoctorFunfrock

Feb 13, 2022
    All right then thanks for letting me know :)

And now I see: it's actually a bug i created by refactoring. I fixed it and will send an update (1.04) for iOS and Android.
    I didnt see this because it never occurs for me - maybe it has to do with low (or very high) performance?
    Therefor the only idea to help you (David) right now: Set Menu->Options-> Lights: FORCE OFF and try again.

EDIT: ah i just saw echoseven already provided a potential workaround thank you!

David1953 likes this.
  18. DoctorFunfrock

Feb 13, 2022
    #58 DoctorFunfrock, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    thank you it's great to hear that people like the game and sorry for that bummer.
    version 1.03 (currently waiting for apple review to be released) should fix that issue from being reproducable.
    so if you get that version you should be able to load level 44 where you get the sword, get it again and this time only have 1 sword.

also version 1.04 (probably releasing the day after tomorrow?) will contain a fix that fixes your savegame without having to go back.

if you're eager to play now here's a fix:
    start the game & load level 54.
    open menu and imagine the screen being split into 4 quadrants

1 | 2
    --|--
    4 | 3

Tap into those quadrants (not hitting the menu or any other buttons) in the following order:

A button CHEATS will be added to the menu.
    Open that submenu and tap "Next Level".
    This will "port" you to the next level and create a savegame that will have you equipped with only one sword + throwing ability.
    If you want to get rid of the cheat menu after that, just quit the game and restart.
    Tap start screen once to start the game, it should now go down to your highest savegame (level 55).

----

EDIT: this is the quickest fix available, but that bug took a lot of fun out of the last 10 levels (many of them being too easy with two swords). so if you want to take the long route, you can go
    savegames->delete all
    start game regularly and go to first dungeon
    from there open menu to activate cheats as described above
    now repeat "next level" until you are in level 45 - bugs (it's a bit of work and you'll have to watch dreams again but unlock all is not an alternative, as it will spoil the easy continue from startmenu)
    play from here to experience the next ~10 levels the way they were meant to be.

19. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    #59 David1953, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    I’m not sure what I did, but I finally passed level 10. I must have tried at least 20-30 times, doing things exactly the same way every time, and finally, the game decided to turn those fireballs off. It does seem awfully finicky.

I also saw your later post, and I’m glad that you were able to address the issue. I should mention that I have the latest iOS version, and the latest iPad Pro, 2022 edition.

I’m glad to hear that there is a cheat button (which hopefully I won’t need to use), just in case of buggy levels.

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Can anyone help me without spoiling too much (I refuse to check the hints).

I'm stuck at level 93, not too much I can do but I really can0t understand what to do.

I manage to kill the Ogre and the 3 goblins but then....the portcullis are too fast.