Universal Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION (by Volker Elzner)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VolkerE, Jun 7, 2016.

1. VolkerE

VolkerE Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

There is a long explanation on page 4 of this thread. In short, once you 'know' a spell as a party (by finding a book for example) you can invest talent points in studying it, which ices you proficiency in that spell. Class cap permitting of course. Mages can't learn 'resurrect'.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

thanks a lot, i've just read your post on page 4 and it's all clear now.

3. VolkerE

Patreon Bronze

if you want to go for a hunt to learn new spells (or get books to improve training impact), there are a few fixed locations (hidden mage house and lich tower) and a few ones where you can grind for them: floaters in their abyss map, conjurers who now spawn once in a while as part of mercenary groups near the elf forest edge, and dark wizards in the deep castle tunnels (opened by completing the pub quest).

Enjoy!

4. VolkerE

Patreon Bronze

1.3.10 is now live. it uses an entire new way to save and load gamefiles so any issues please let me know. if you experience anything during or as an outcome of loading a savegame, best to NOT save. I have tested this with old games and newly started ones, on Android and iOS. Works fine for me but who knows...

5. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Thanks for the continued updates and improvements VolkerE! I bought the original iPad only edition and really enjoyed it. Waiting to get a new iTunes card to pick this up and see what has changed in this new edition. :)

6. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

wow, this game is beautifully huge, i'm loving it... thanks for the tips Volker!

7. horsebot

horsebot Member

Apr 25, 2010
    #127 horsebot, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Hey

Really enjoying the game so far!

I am stuck on the ice fields map, I have cleared the only locations I have found (dragon cave, troll caves, catacombs and the thief village). What have I missed?

Also, is there a reason for the inconsistent leveling between classes? My barbarian is 10 levels higher than my mage and druid

8. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #128 Gwarmaxx, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    have you completed the quests that NPCs gave you, or did you go random through the map?

as regards characters levels, maybe some of them have died while traveling and in that case don't get any xp points.

maybe your approach to this game is wrong, this is not a roguelike (with or without permadeath) where you go at random cleaning every dungeon, this is a true old style rpg with NPCs to talk with and quests to accomplish mainly (do you know Ultima series?).

9. horsebot

horsebot Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Hello

I've completed all the quests that I can, the others I cannot find the locations to complete which is why I am stuck. I've uncovered all the map but only the locations I mentioned are available

I haven't had enough deaths to account for a 10 level discrepancy, there is definitely a big difference in xp needed to level between classes

10. VolkerE

Patreon Bronze

if you talk to the knight, he will give you a guild quest to kill a dragon, and give you a map to find the dragon's den. that map you can see if you click LOG at the top right and MAPS. on that map you will also note a bridge/cliff at the south east, that is where you will reach the outlaw village which is the next step after the icy valley you need to get to. let me know if you stay stuck !

On levelling, the following can impact levelling:

- each class has indeed a different XP per level it needs, but the variance is a few % only so at level 10 berserker, it may be that your mage is only level 9. should not be further apart than that. will grow over time though.

- on fleeing, XP gets deducted. from everyone that fled. small % of XP needed for next level.
    - on death, XP gets deducted. from the dead person.
    - in a very old version of the game, we are talking mid June, there was a bug where crudely reviving a person with multiple HEAL attempts will deduct the (massive) XP penalty from the caster instead of the revived. but that can impact healing casters only, not mages.

what levels are all 6 players?

11. VolkerE

Patreon Bronze

sorry just read your note that you found the thief village. you mean the outlaw camp at the east of the icy valley, or the smuggler village back on the island? the former is your next location, you need to talk to Heryt the leader in the pub there to request access to the mountain path and lower valley as Lord Aldrich asked. he will give you a quest ('brother') in order to allow that.

12. horsebot

horsebot Member

Apr 25, 2010
    The levels are:

Barbarian 30
    Monk 26
    Rogue 26
    Archer 29
    Mage 21
    Druid 24

I save a lot and tend to reload if someone dies (as I have no resurrection spell) so I am not sure death would account for the discrepancy

13. horsebot

horsebot Member

Apr 25, 2010
    The quest to retrieve the geo crystals?

I have the quest but no idea where the minotaur Castle is, I've uncovered all the map and there is no location for it. The only locations that show up are the troll caves, catacombs and outlaw camp

14. VolkerE

Patreon Bronze

The main storyline continues with the 'brother' quest. No map is given for the keep besieged by the Minotaurs, but if you edit the outlaw camp to the east (through the mine-like exit the guards stand next to) you get to the mountain path. It has a paved path that has way signs. One points to the keep.

15. horsebot

horsebot Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Thanks! I can't believe I missed that, I thought the guards were blocking that exit!!

16. VolkerE

Patreon Bronze

you can actually ask the guards what they do. Hope someone does, as I have hidden little puns in those conversations. ;)

17. horsebot

horsebot Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Do these level discrepancies seem right with very few deaths?

18. VolkerE

Patreon Bronze

Yes. The order is correct as mages have the most XP to level up, then Druid then others. Berserkers the least.

19. horsebot

horsebot Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Cool thank you for confirming!

20. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey Volker, i've just got my savegame corrupted, seems like it keeps the level reached by every character, but the entire map, quests & not equipped loot are gone :mad:

i've tried to reload several times, but it's definitely gone.