iPhone Dungeons of Chaos (By Volker Elzner)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Bought again and it's now on my iPhone. Rpg fans - check it out.

2. VolkerE

VolkerE Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

DoC UNITY edition released!

Dev here.

The cross-platform port is now live! phone and tablet (and Android and iOS).

Great fan feedback so far: https://www.facebook.com/dungeonsofchaos/

iOS went live on Saturday, and Android the Wednesday before. I am today #94 best selling game on the Google Play Store!! *mind blown*

I would like to open a new thread in the forum for this version, but not sure how to do an App-style post with link and rating, just gives me the usual plain text option ??

Thanks,
    Volker

3. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    So, I passed this up when it first released thinking it was 'too rough' around the edges at that point. I had meant to follow its progress but it slipped off my radar. I have just now read all 15 pages of comments on here, checked the website and the new App Store page and I can safely say I'm really glad I didn't buy in to this from the start.....

.....because now I get it in full Unity glory AND on my iPhone too! Whoop, whoop! #

What can I say - I'm sold. I'm only sorry to the dev I didn't have enough faith to support it from the outset. I will happily leave TA and App Store feedback once I've had a chance to get to grips with it - to be honest though, it will be positive no matter how I feel about the game as Volkers dedication must be applauded alone. From early on, you admitted this isn't making a fortune and that it's a labour of love - and despite the relatively low sales you reported, you've not only continued to expand it but also completely port it to Unity and shrink it to handheld size. Amazing. Well done that man!

This reminds me of the dedication that Sami Sierla lavished on 'Cavern' - again, very retro aesthetics but a hugely compelling game underneath. And still being supported and developed 6 years later.....the bar has been set Volker! #

Can't wait to sink my teeth in to this later tonight.

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    You have to use "appinfo=all" and "/appinfo" tags around the full game url to generate that stuff. If you quote the OP of most threads, including this one, you'll see it.

5. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I had tried the Lite version of the previous incarnation. I never could get into it, one of the main reasons is that everything was too tiny and I needed magnifiers to see it all (at my age you have to).. But I decided to take a chance on this new revamp and I'm so glad I did. Just the first screen alone and I was sold- I can see everything! Also, the instructions are much easier to digest. This is only a few minutes into it but I am looking forward to spending more time in this game.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  7. VolkerE

Patreon Bronze

thanks for the kind words!

8. VolkerE

Patreon Bronze

#148 VolkerE, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016