Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 11, 2014.
Good point, will look into this on the weekend.
Indeed. Indications are that they are still at a ~8 day turnaround...
once you are stunned or paralysed, the effect feels similar in that you cannot move. However the STUN effect is mostly triggered by strength-based melee attacks and your 'resistance' is your own strength. Whereas resistance to paralysing effects is a stat in its own right and mostly found in players (or monsters) that are also resistant to other magical manipulation. So you will see that the susceptability to both is different, rather than their resulting effect.
v 1.1.0 released !
v 1.1.0 is here! (for FULL version, LITE still pending)
The update includes many neat tweaks:
on popular request:
- option for LARGE directional buttons. and made them partially transparent
- added a sign (story) to the rich tower indicating its warped physics
- in the orc lairs, made it more likely to encounter a group of orcs, or orc warriors, as opposed to single orcs.
- highest two difficulty settings are TOUGHER now. for XP, chance of HEAL revival, monster HP, number of monsters, STUN effect etc...
and other tweaks:
- spell book duplicates now transform into the same book of a lesser level, to avoid wastage, as books are rare enough as it is (note: the effect of having spell books increases if you have books of several levels, compared to just the highest one of them)
- fixed the chance of reviving a character with the HEAL spell. was erroniously too easy, in fact almost always worked. was meant to be REALLY hard at low spell level (or high difficulty). and also when reviving works, now gives only 1 HP initially.
- minor tweaks to some skills
I have been notified of a bug so to fix that I have already submitted v1.2.0 for App review, which also includes some enhancements I made over the last 3 days:
- show item class in COMPARE mode. so you can be sure whether a SCEPTRE counts as a STAFF or not...
- red dots mark EXITS and ENTRY points in maps. for some rare special places that are intentionally harder to find, the ENTRY point is NOT showing as red, nor are map exits that are simply boundaries (like village fence gates). So the main purpose of this is to allow you to find your way back out of one of the huge random lairs, like the orc lairs or brown mines. Note though that the minimap only shows 100x100 so you need to at least be that close to it to appear.
- and of course fixes the bug: that could crash the game if trying to CAST and clicking a slot without selecting a player, or when trying dead players
I hate to report that after the update my directional arrows stopped working. I can get by clicking a visible square to move but I rely on the d arrows for movement on the world map. (I also tried posting this on the WordPress page but WP kept throwing an error... Sorry if you have a bunch of comments to moderate away.)
EDIT: I spoke too soon. I checked the game settings and the arrow size was set to null. Changing the setting set the value and fixed the arrows.
I checked WP and it seems to work, maybe their servers were out for a bit, not sure.
I had a look at the option gap-fill when savegames are loaded without a button setting, unfortunately I had indeed put the initial setting into the wrong spot. Fixed now, and uploaded as v1.2.1. Hopefully Apple turns it around in a few days. As you said, in the meantime going into options and setting to normal or large will fix the issue.
thanks for letting me know!
v1.2.0 out - but v1.2.1 out soon with fix for buttons
Was just finalising v1.2.1 as Apple approved my v1.2.0. So you will see an update popping up in about an hour, which is v1.2.0. The spell casting bug is fixed in v1.2.0 but the direction buttons (null) setting will only get fixed with v1.2.1. Good news: Apple seems to take ~2 days only to approve updates at present so v1.2.1 could be out VERY soon.
Note: if you 'fixed' the setting yourself it will not cause any issues thereafter, so v1.2.0 update should be smooth for you (and fix the spell casting bug as intended).
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Spells and skills have some similarities, but are also quite different in some aspects. Here a few of the major concepts that apply:
a) both can be slowly improved with use
b) both can be much quicker improved by using talent points
c) improving a skill with talent points requires a trainer, always. The impact and cap depends not only on the player class, but also the competency of the trainer. Note: someone incredibly good at a skill is not necessarily a good teacher. And not all teachers will volunteer to teach you right from where you get to know them. Sometimes you need to unlock that privilege with a quest.
d) spell books are different. they can be found as loot, or given as quest rewards. While you can ALWAYS improve a spell with talent points without books, books make it MUCH more efficient (several proficiency points increase by TP spent). And it helps to have as many books as possible, the effect stacks for books of different levels. The increase becomes smaller the more proficient you already are, but is ONLY capped by the player class's max for that particular spell. If you have heaps to TP to spend and your class allows it, there is no limit applied via the ownership (or lack thereof) of books for that spell.
Hope that helps make it clearer.
that is intentional. the fact you find only books for a couple of spells means you don't have a complete range of choice for character development too early in the game. it also reflects the fact that these books ARE rare and powerful.
They will become more common in later Chapters as the enemies and places become more powerful/dangerous/ancient.
first of all, I got no issue with grinding. I want people to play the game the way they want to play it. However to maximise on that thought that implies that I allow for grinding but at the same time do not make it a must.
the way I do it is:
- after you kill all monsters SOME will spawn again, others won't. Overland areas do not become totally deprived of monsters, but a dragon lair will be empty once you kill the dragon.
- where I create random lairs, they are generally containing monsters and loot so reasons to go in there but not a must to do so. also definitely not a must to find every single last corridor in the mines etc.
- the orc lairs are clearly the biggest opportunity to grind. you NEED to kill one orc warlord but instead you can kill two and in the process clear out ALL lairs (there are 6+ from memory).
- lots of bonus locations and boss monsters are not required for the story line: the evil tree, the dragon, the boss spider, ...
the only real uniform measure I put in place that really deals with grinding 'issues' is that the XP you get from a monster decreases the more of its kind you have killed already. It reduces 1% for every 5 you killed. So not really noticeable unless you REALLY go to town on a particular specimen.
Currently working on Chapter 2 which will have similar ways in which you can choose to have a LOT of fights along the way if you want it that way.
any suggestions what I should do differently in that regard? do people want an ARENA in some town of sorts? I always found that a bit odd to be honest...
interesting thought. I agree it is feasible to embed it in the story/world. at least for some (non-boss) monsters. actually that would make for interesting configurations that are not the same as in the natural setting. want to fight 40 wolves at once? have a go ... want to be placed in the MIDDLE of an arena with a PROTOM on all 4 sides? now that would be a challenge...
starting to like the idea!
btw a PROTOM is a nasty chaotic monstrosity I just crafted for Chapter 2 ... seems comfortably slow until he spawns ultra fast whirlwinds that paralyse its prey until he comes close enough to give you a good bashing.
yes that was discovered recently, the chest is not active. is fixed in v1.2.2 but that is a few days yet to arrive as currently v1.2.1 is with Apple for review (which fixes an annoying directional button size glitch that I want fixed asap, so will not pull it back for 1.2.2 submission).
Sorry for the inconvenience. Once you have v 1.2.2 you can come back to the chest and it will work.
no you wouldn't, this is a GOOD chest, believe me.
In Chapter One? no. There would be trainers for all the basic skills, but there are some advanced skills (most of which can only be obtained fairly late in Chapter One or by having a rare character feat at creation) for which you will only find trainers in Chapter Two and beyond. Chapter Two will probably be ready (as an App Update) in March.
REPULSION and SHADOW SHIFT are other skills apart from EXORCISM for which this is true on top of my head.
yes, I tried to build in a few elements that allow for good replay value. Feats (and choices on skill advancement) is a big factor.
yes, it uses all available recharge skills (not daily skills). That may sometimes be not the ideal outcome, as 'harden up' is pointless if you fight enemies that purely dish out elemental damage. But that is the limitations of the AI.
where you think they are totally pointless and in fact (by taking up time) mean you better just focus on your attacks alone, then the basic (no '+') setting is better. usually the case for range attackers, where S is better than S+.
Hope that helps.
Wow, totally missed this one when it released! Going to have to grab this tonight as it looks like my kind of game!
I would love to keep your hopes up, but given the complexity involved I am focussing my time on Chapter2 content. Sorry, you will have to apply your own tactics against the tougher enemies.
let me know your thoughts! And please consider leaving a review + rating on the AppStore. Much appreciated.