Universal Dungeons & Miners (by AngryBugs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 1, 2021.

1. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Mine too. I thought it was broken.

2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    By default, you don’t have any button at the beginning of the game.

you can change it from the options.

sakara214ever likes this.
  3. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    At some point, I unlocked a vendor that would buy your extra items. I feel a bit daft, but I can’t seem to find this vendor now. Any pointers?

4. Sharpie218

Sharpie218 Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Except of course when it doesn’t work. I really love the art direction, dialogue (reminds me of old Lucasarts games), even the combat is fun. The game itself is broken and buggy. I’ve given up for now, I have no idea when I’m missing something or when the game is glitching. An icon missing, a scripted event fails to play, your character keeps floating backwards if you activate a certain weapon at the “wrong” time. I don’t want a refund, but I really hope you’re still working on this.

Legion180 and Mahamoti like this.
  5. nlesgold

nlesgold Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 22, 2011
    RN
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Finally got through this one tonight after playing it in little spurts on and off since release. I certainly have no regrets about buying it, but it’s a very odd and occasionally broken game. I never actually got to use the imp companion - after I got it I swapped back to the pig before I bought some upgrades, and afterward the imp never appeared to swap to at the bell. The blacksmith took me to the secret area before I unlocked the character who asks you to do so, and for a while I thought I’d be unable to get the drone companion because both NPCs were bugged after I did unlock it. Red crystals are demanded in far too large a quantity for the amount you can get - I had a ton of every other resource, but for lack of red crystals I couldn’t get more than 2/3 of the upgrades after the point where you start using them. Alexandrite is impossibly rare after you unlock Hellstone; I couldn’t afford any of the upgrades to get more alexandrite because I didn’t have enough red crystals.

All that said, the game is utterly gorgeous both in its visuals and how good the sound design is, and the gameplay is genuinely fun. For $3 it’s hard to argue with what you get, but the balance and bug issues are certainly a shame. I’d love to do another playthrough in the future if at least the technical issues get resolved.

6. psychodoc

psychodoc New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    What is the glass bottle for? It fills up but don't have a clue why.

7. superfasdf

superfasdf New Member

Dec 4, 2021
    Male
    Can you explain how to kill the spider?

8. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    So when you're mining, are you trying to tell us that there is no way for a man who is literally holding a sword to use it? I HAVE to chip away at a surprise skeleton with my pickaxe? When I literally have a sword? Should be some way to use it in the mining parts? Like a combat mode switcher?

9. BillyOceansBlues

Mar 1, 2013
    It was indicated that certain treasure doors will open if you have a full bottle and use the ten souls to open the door.

10. BillyOceansBlues

Mar 1, 2013
    Wondering about how this game progresses - every run seems the same: barely get any mining done until the fog gets you, since you're blind to the location of "safe lamps" (would love to know exactly how these work - do I have to stay there and wait til the meter runs out in order to get the protection? or is there only protection as long as the meter is running? A little clarity there would be nice) and sometimes the companion is not helpful in locating them. IF (big if) I blunder blindly into a "dungeon" (I usually only find one or two per run if I'm lucky) then its just a series of rooms with enemies and a few different exits? I've never seen a "payoff" in any of these dungeons, like a mini-boss or a key? Sometimes I find a relic that 0% of the time offers useful effects over what I already have. Maybe these dungeons need something that makes me feel like I've "completed" it (or some indication that I haven't completed it and there was something I missed?). Is the act of upgrading around the town the only way to expand the possibilities of what can be found on runs? Side note: it takes way too long to run the quarter mile (??) back to town after you die. And why does he have to die every time? He is ostensibly just a dwarf. Are dwarfs undead in this realm? Literally one sentence that addresses my infinite undying state would go a long way to help with immersion. Overall very intriguing game but I feel like I'm trying to walk through a wall of nothing at this point. Need LOTS of explainers from anyone who was able to determine the behavior of all these various things in the game.