Universal Dungeons & Miners (by AngryBugs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    I somehow like that the fog is rather unpredictable. Fits to the general mysterious vibe. Any extra maps or timers would take away from the immersion or literal fogginess of the game for me. And that fog is the only thing that gives you some pressure for quick decisions which makes the mining part a welcome change of pace compared to the dungeon parts.

I‘m currently on castle level 14 and had only 2 crashes so far, and no additional, at least obvious bugs. Guess I‘m lucky? I really cannot put this game aside.

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Make sure you guys that are having trouble with the fog stop at the platforms with the green lantern. It will slow, or temporarily stop the fog when you absorb the green light from those lanterns, giving you back some time.

Oliv30 likes this.
  3. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Maybe they could add a shortcut to the mine by the graveyard to directly mine …

Oliv30 likes this.
  4. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    As a bypass of that issue with the dragon and the old lady, you can try leaving your items in the stash and go again, the bug might be caused by a mix of items generating conflict; with a bit of luck it's fixed in the next update.

5. cinh

cinh Member

May 31, 2012
    I was able to trace my problems back to the Safety Charm. When I took it off I was able to start the dragon mission. Strangely, now when I try to put it on again, it crashes the game immediately.

6. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    Anyone know where to find orichalcum?

i have done two runs without finding any

7. cinh

cinh Member

May 31, 2012
    You have to unlock it by upgrading the castle. It is unlocked with tier 9 or 10, I think. It looks like yellow globes.

8. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    Thanks

I found it, I thought it was gold …
    :p

9. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    heck yeah that worked. Removing all passive items let both the dragon blacksmith mission and the old lady basement worked perfect.

10. Rocco SE

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    Right before my last castle upgrade. But Alexandrite is so annoyingly hard to find, and since every second run is crashing, this is really an endurance test at this point. This is seriously the buggiest game, I ever loved!

11. Rocco SE

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    #131 Rocco SE, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Ok, I think I finished the game?! But I cannot tell exactly. There was an ending screen that I couldn‘t leave. Restarting the app made me lose tons of progress and I had to unlock tier 21 again with tons of grinding, just to have the app crash right at the beginning of my second run of the end sequence. Restarting threw me back again to tier 20, with no urge at all to continue playing.

Also, that ending, if that was the ending, left me confused and - honestly - super angry. All this amazing worldbuilding for that?!

I‘m seriously a bit lost now…

12. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    In my case (i m on an XS with the latest iOS) i have the bug that i am already have many hours in-game (my castle is tier 14 and i already have two pets and mining fast as a shark) but in tasks other than the classic BUILDING THE CASTLE i keep have active two early basic ones FIND THE COMMANDER and BEAST MERCHANT... Of course, i have finished them a lot of hours back in the game, BUT other than the new minerals that i am finding as i upgrade my castle i feel that i am being stuck without any new stuff happen in a matter of progress for a loooot of time now...
    What consider me is that these two missions that i describe before are still active and nothing new seems to come....
    As for crashes i had almost all that described already here but once here and there and nothing that you can say as a game breaker...

Any suggestions?

P.S: I am on average of 5 hours in-game till now...

13. Rocco SE

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    This game is WAY TOO BUGGY at its current state. Constant crashes with lost progress, finished missions shown as pending…

I now spent more than 2 hours recollecting all needed gems to finish the last tier 4 times in a row, tesulting seeing the (underwhelming, may I say super open) ending once with a direct freeze at the end + having the game crash the other three times right after hitting the unlock button. I‘m now done for good and will have another look when this game is more stable. I somehow still hope what I saw wasn‘t the very end of this game.

gaberaph likes this.
  14. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Unfortunately it was. The end is a little underwhelming to say the least. Up to that point pure magic. But ya it just ends and is supposed to just stop there. Would have been awesome to have an option to break out of your cell and continue to upgrade your castle and find anything you hadn’t found. The way it’s built you don’t even get an option to actually use the upgrades in tier 21. Then yes if you try to continue to play you go back to 20 losing tier 21 and what was gained. Then after that you can’t really play. I tried a bunch but possibly because the game was supposed to be finished most of what you do seems to crash the game.

Rocco SE likes this.
  15. Mahamoti

Mahamoti New Member

Sep 10, 2021
    Male
    I wanted to like his game. The problems with it are many, though.

I still don’t have an imp. The biggest quest kept me from ever getting it.

Currently I’m stuck in the quest the blacksmith takes you to, after having beaten it once already. Now the boss never dies and the door never opens.

stromstock likes this.
  16. gaberaph

gaberaph Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    #136 gaberaph, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Has anyone else started thinking about spelunking as a result of playing this?

17. nlesgold

nlesgold Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 22, 2011
    RN
    Pittsburgh, PA
    is the dragon supposed to be present for this fight? I just got to it for the first time, and all that’s there is lighting walls on either side, the drone, the three switches you have to hit to enable the beam, and the switch that turns the beam on. Nothing seems to change when the drone is downed by the beam, and after 10+ times downing it with the beam, I can’t find anything I can do differently to resolve the encounter.

18. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    You have to take the drone down activating all three devices hitting them and activating the switch in the middle, then you can hit the drone and break it, you get the needed item there. The dragon is just waiting for you outside to get you back into town.

19. OddAlun

OddAlun Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Opening splash screen is cut off on my iPad Pro 9.7 since the last update. Tittle on top of screen reads “& Miners”.

20. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #140 sakara214ever, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Hi guys bought this on my iPad today. Can this be played only on portrait mode? Feels a bit weird on such a big screen to manage the controls

Edit.
    Seems the game is broken (not optimised) for iPad pro 2017 ios 15. The top of the screen missing (can not see the dungeons and miners logo at the start screen). Also i have no buttons at the beginning of the game. Weird. Maybe it is the ios version.