Universal Dungeons & Miners (by AngryBugs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    You have the town area think of that as your hub. Quests , items , blacksmith for upgrades.

everything you mine is kept on death. There is a guy you can sell your mined stuff too and he upgrades the castle which upgrades you , the stuff found in mines , etc that is also kept on death.

the mine itself is randomly generated. There is green lights you will see this will help you last longer in the mine so the fog wont kill you. The fog is always going to be there i believe it is timed.

when you reach the bottom that is as far as you can go. There is a chest down there with a rare item and you die and start all over.

but with random stuff there is npcs you will find and quests and things. The more you upgrade the castle you also will encounter new enemies and story elements along the way.

The jar is used to open a soul door if you are lucky enough to find it. The more souls in the jar the better loot you get. Fill the jar by killing stuff.

hope that helps explain it! There are bugs but who cares the game is a blast and you keep your materials before the crash so its not big deal really.

Oliv30 and decript like this.
  2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Excellent beginners guide, thank you! Are there any healing items?

3. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio

There is yes hidden in dungeons you can find healing potions and buffs. There is also a shield that will help you as well. Just explorer the items you will get each run. Its very rewarding.

4. 5lbsOfPez

5lbsOfPez New Member

Sep 10, 2021
    By chance, does anyone know what new mine features each castle tier unlocks? I realized late that each tier unlocked new mobs, items, features. Thank you.

5. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    There are also healing items you can wear. That heal you under certain conditions.

6. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Does anyone know how to start a new game? I only see the ‘continue’ button at the start, and no reset or anything like it in the config.

I still encounter some bugs in version 1.02 (note that I can’t reset, perhaps that would fix things?):
    - I still get the repeating pig conversation with the king
    - The first time I finished the game I got the story, but at the end screen there was nothing to do or click, so in the end I just closed the app. Now if I continue playing, Im pre upgrade 21 again however I did lose the resources, and soon as I upgrade the castle to level 21 the game hangs (again losing the resources, but a restart puts me at pre 21 again)
    - once I got to the bottom of the mine, the instant-kill treasure chest called the demon fog, and things froze: the fog kept on animating however the miner was frozen in position, and nothing responded
    - also, I still cant mine the two left-most columns of material in the mine.
    - now the only option for a companion is the flying pig, even though I had the drone and the imp unlocked before

7. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    General Service Technician at PepBoys. Full time S
    Dover, DE
    idk if it's already been discussed but I've run into a pretty frustrating crash since the new update. 3 times in a row when blocking archers, the game completely closed out.

I've also run into tons of enemies stuck in the walls who can hit me but I can't hit back

8. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    I've just came on to also say I'm having this issue. If i get hit or block and arrow it force closes the app.

moshgra likes this.
  9. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Any change in gear that could give us an idea of what could be happening? A shield or an item that was newly equipped? We will look into this.

@addink To restart the game you must delete and reinstall it, maybe we should put an option for that...
    We are still updating the game, there's a lot of complex situations that could lead to some issues, we are actively fixing them.

10. cinh

cinh Member

May 31, 2012
    Great game, especially the graphics and sound design.
    Unfortunately it gets bogged down by the bugs at the moment.

I am getting the aforementioned bug where I open the chest at the bottom, the fog falls down, but doesn’t kill me because I’m wearing the protection charm. The problem is that the controls disappear at the same time and I have to abort the game and lose all the progress. Strangely, this even happens if the charm was already activated once before.

Also frustrating are the crashes to the home screen when I‘m getting caught by Arachne in her basement and when the dragon grabs me to transport me somewhere on behalf of Roland.

11. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    i just played i have all 4 shields. I was using the last shield that heals you in a block. When i use that the game seems to crash on blocking an archer. i also use the flame sword.

I switched to the spike shield no crash .

i did experience an odd bug i beat a dungeon and on way to the next dungeon i got near the door under the torch and got stuck. All my buttons disappeared and he is mario running under the torch no way to get out of it. Nothing works on the touch screen when this happens.

I keep experiencing the fog issue where you dont die due to wearing the artifact to protect you from that once a run.

the passive items i have alot now. Some are dupes but some are menu screen refresh issues like if i go to the shop keeper it does not lists the dupes for selling . So i mean the items i have 2 of i only have 1.

12. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Just a fyi you dont loose your gold and mining stuff and items found before a crash it does keep that.

13. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #113 Delusionaltool, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    @AngryBugs

Here is my item inventory if it will help fix issues.

Attached Files:

14. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    other crashes occurring. Sometimes dungeons will rng trap buttons on ladders. You trigger it climbing the ladder it spawns like 3 enemies and it crashes to the home screen.

Can you make it so when you swipe up or maybe swipe to leftish or rightish like not perfect . It causes you to jump that direction while making a platform and you fall usually. This seems to only happen on the 1 hand control scheme. Your walking while making a platform and you usually go diagonal the swipe.

the game has crashed with the spiked shield and getting hit with a arrow trap crashes to the home screen.

15. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    Having a blast with this game. The mysterious worldbuilding is brilliant and reminds me a bit of Sword & Sworcery. Love the games pixel art and animations. It‘s a tiny bit distracting that the game uses the same background music as Pathos, but I‘m getting used to this. Can‘t wait to see more story unveil…

PS: I hope this game will get back to the fact that I put a frog in my pocket in the beginning, for no use or reason.

elcrazy likes this.
  16. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    General Service Technician at PepBoys. Full time S
    Dover, DE
    Gear seems to be irrelevant since I kept changing. Only consistent thing was the sword was the one after the basic sword. Blocking archers was consistent

17. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    One thing I find to be extremely annoying is that the respawn grave is at the overworld‘s very opposite to the mine entrance. I get that this way you see if something new unlocked when you pass all buildings. But this is a game were you die and start over A LOT, so, always spending too long to get back to the mines really adds up. And this is currently my only reason for taking breaks from this game.

Duke12 and Oliv30 like this.
  18. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Its
    i believe its a design choice so you can walk back along the way get any new npc missions , upgrade your weapons, and castle . They should add a warp that takes you to that area maybe.

i love this game but man it crashes on me alot though a game like this must of been super difficult to make its bound to have some bugs.

Oliv30 likes this.
  19. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    The game is fun but needs some QoL improvements and bug fixing.

As someone already mentioned, I hope there is a portal of sort from the grave to the mine, especially when the mine isn’t very deep to reach the bottom.

Also I don’t understand the purpose of the gas?/ghost? that shows up after some time in the mine. Because their speed is quite fast, I have to keep mining downwards, and don’t have time to look for dungeons. This is with maxed out pickax, upgraded mining skill, and an item that boosts the mining speed.

regarding the bugs, I encountered two bugs where I lose control of character.
    For both occasions, control buttons disappeared and all I could do was to shut down the game.

1. When I first got the imp and tried to switch it to the pig.

2. When I was attacking the slime in front of a door and then my character tried to enter the door. Eventually ghosts showed up but my character didn’t die.

20. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Its
    i believe its a design choice so you can walk back along the way get any new npc missions , upgrade your weapons, and castle . They should add a warp that takes you to that area maybe.

i love this game but man it crashes on me alot though a game like this must of been super difficult to make its bound to have some bugs.
    Game crashes after dragon blacksmith is supposed to take you some where from the old man quest.

we need a timer for when the fog is about to come.

some sort of directional arrow to appear above your head to guide you to dungeon doors sometimes i never find a door. If im still mining the fog usually gets you. If not an directional arrow maybe a simple map of some kind you could add it to pause screen.

the basement still crashes in the house with the old lady sleeping After the dialog.