Universal Dungeons & Miners (by AngryBugs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 1, 2021.

1. nlesgold

nlesgold Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 22, 2011
    RN
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Loving this game so far despite the bugs and the fact that I’m terrible at it. I’ve got a problem that I haven’t seen mentioned, though, where I can’t change my active item. It shows two items where I think it should be showing just my equipped ones, which is still the one you start with, and if I try to drag one of the new ones into its slot, nothing happens (and you can see from the screenshot that one of the displayed items is obscuring the Back button. iPhone SE 2020 with iOS 14.7.1
    4733561E-C435-456F-889D-380D63BF45F1.png

2. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    I’m stuck at the beginning. I have three coins and I need five to bribe the guard to go into the tavern. There doesn’t seem to be any way for me to restart or generate the two coins I need. Can anyone help?

3. nlesgold

nlesgold Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 22, 2011
    RN
    Pittsburgh, PA
    A couple more things - in the castle upgrade menu, I wish it would disable the Build button if you’ve already built an upgrade. The appearance of upgrades that you’ve unlocked, but not built is very similar to ones you’ve built. Also, I wish I could see what was unlocked by each upgrade tier I’ve already built.

Duke12 and davagorn like this.
  4. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Hi, that's an unforseen bug, it seems the intro level can randomly generate between 100-104 coins and using 100 to upgrade something before bribing the guard leaves you without enough to do it after... that's an unfortunate coincidence, hehe. We fixed this for the next update.
    What you should do is delete and reinstall the game so you can restart from the beggining, sorry about that, but it's the quickest way to fix that.
    @nlesgold We will look into that, we will try to make that happen and see what's the issue there.

5. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Thanks for the quick response!

6. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    That maybe happened to me...did you try dragging the equipped one away first, to your inventory, so that you have nothing equipped, and then dragging in a new active item?

7. nlesgold

nlesgold Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 22, 2011
    RN
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I actually just tried that and it worked, sort of. Apparently the game kind of thought I had two active items equipped at once, which was why it was showing the Lethal Blow icon below the Swift Dagger. The weird thing now is that I have two copies of Swift Dagger in my inventory along with one of each of the other items I’ve unlocked.

Attached Files:

8. pyrrhonic

pyrrhonic Active Member

Mar 23, 2015
    The game suddenly began to crash for me, repeatedly. It crashes right after a button press and some loading from the initial start screen — but before the next screen appears. Tried hard resetting my phone but that didn’t seem to affect it. The first time it happened, I was just running from place to place and nothing at all sticks out in my mind as a possible unique action/behaviour that I did to trigger it. I’ve put about 6 or 8 hours into the game, so I’d like to avoid deleting and reinstalling (assuming, as I am, that this will remove my progress, and potentially not fix my crashing issue). Any ideas?

9. davagorn

Feb 20, 2009
    I was going to post a small spoiler question, but I can't see how to hide the spoiler content...

10. jtlaurence

jtlaurence Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Maybe I missed it while playing, but what is the "Soul Jar" for? It doesn't seem to do anything.

11. davagorn

Feb 20, 2009
    There are certain doors that guard treasure rooms. If you have a full jar (10 souls or more) you can "give" the souls to the door, and the treasure inside the room is much better.

12. AngryBugs

Jul 24, 2010
    Hello, I just wanted to tell you all that the first update that adresses some of the important issues is available already, and we are finishing the second update with the rest of fixes and will be ready really soon too; hope these improves your experience with the game.
    Thanks for the patience and I'll keep you posted!

13. davagorn

Feb 20, 2009
    Hopefully this will work for spoiler stuff:

1. I beat the giant spider...was the reward just gold? I sort of missed what happened with the reward.

2. Anyone beat the machine/drone yet? I am not understanding the prompt for how to beat it.

Thanks!

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Just for future reference, the spoiler tag is [*spoiler]Insert spoiler text here[/spoiler] without the asterisk inside the brackets. Example below:

This is very spoilery information

davagorn likes this.
  15. AngryBugs

Jul 24, 2010
    1. After killing the spider, there's a chest on top of the mound of bones and the commander in the castle will give you gold too
    2. The idea there is to activate the three electric things hitting them and the use the lever, that will disable the big drone for some time, you can hit it then and after destroying it, you will get the item you need

davagorn likes this.
  16. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Question: how do you progress? I made it all the way to the bottom of the mine apparently, opened a red chest and now am just being swallowed by skulls n fog…. Help?

17. davagorn

Feb 20, 2009
    You're doing well then! :)

You're supposed to die. Each time you mine, you get resources to upgrade the castle, and items to make you stronger (swords, necklaces, etc.).

Then your next run you'll be better.

(Though, @AngryBugs, there does seem to be an existing bug, even after update, where you don't die at the bottom of the mine like you're supposed to. Several times I've had to climb back up above the death fog in order to die.)

18. AngryBugs

Jul 24, 2010
    Yes, it was something that could interrupt the dying and left you wondering what's happening, hehe, it's fixed now but in the next update, we will send it for review tomorrow, it has a lot of other tweaks and fixes.

davagorn likes this.
  19. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #79 Delusionaltool, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    Another bug i found. The lady in the building that is sleeping you get the item from her. If You open the door there is a cut scene you can say 2 things with same outcome to some lady but it crashes to the home screen.

a way to toggle between the pick and sword in the mines would be awesome to attack enemies with rather than the pick. Alot of times too enemies will go in front of a door as your attacking and you go in the door instead of getting the kill.

A landscape mode would be amazing for iphone users its hard to play portrait with my big hands on a iphone x screen very cramped.

more stuff to add . Was having a great run my third dungeon in the mine as im attacking game crashes to Home Screen. Dont know if its to many button presses at once or touch points but i have gotten it to do this a few times.

This time the soul door worked had like 14 in the jar. Maybe make a cap at 10 or maybe upgrade jar past 10 but that could of been causing the crashes to the home screen.

after patch bug remains for talking to the old sleeping lady next to the tavern. Once you use the item to go in basement game crashes after dialog selection.

20. davagorn

Feb 20, 2009
    @AngryBugs Minor item spoiler/bug:

I have the "no repetition" item equipped, and I just opened a chest that gave me an item I already have.