Universal Dungeons & Miners (by AngryBugs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 1, 2021.

1. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    #21 elcrazy, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    I do agree. I wish it had a better saving system. You can end up in the mines for a long time. Hopefully they can implement a better saving system. Maybe even just each door. So at least when mining if you enter a new room it can save. I don’t know if I would call it a game breaker on this game though because the game is really good. You can just soft close for a bit and open later. Also ya the notch at the top should be addressed some how. I can’t tell how much gold or health I have during a run.

2. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Ya so I am having the task thing as well. I didn’t notice till I read this earlier then looked again now. Earlier when I looked it was blank no tasks not even ones I cleared. Now it shows all the tasks I cleared as well as one to upgrade more tiers. So it must have a small intermittent bug.

3. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #23 elcrazy, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Ahhh!! lol I had a key and when I was upgrading tiers on the tower, in white writing it said you have used your key on the kings…. And I couldn’t see because the tier writing was also up annnd then it disappeared. Now I have no clue what that key was used for. Anyone know ?? Also anybody know what the green lamps with timers are ? I figured green crystals but was wrong as I found those a lot now. So now I’m not sure what the glowing green lamps are. I always stay till the timer is gone lol. Very cool game though. I was in one room where I was dying from the floor. I was a t a real cool store but just before I could buy something I died. Guessing I need special shoes for that room. Very cool game.
    Lol just dying to know what my key went too lol. Lots of stuff seems be starting to happen randomly now when I come back to town. I can see this game getting crazy addictive. But like someone else said I hope it doesn’t get too repetitive. For now it seems like the pace is good. Hoping to find a new sword or something soon. The dragon makes fun of mine lol.

Update: another question anyone knows if the drinks at the bar are small permanent upgrades ? Or are they only for your next run ?

Green lights with timers ?
    Update: I think the green lights give you more time in the mines. I was just at two and it seemed to make the ghosts disappear. So I’m guessing it pushes them back up and gives you more time.

What was that key used for lol ?

Still loving this. Took me away from everything else. Just got another cool side weapon. It’s very addictive. Never know what’s coming next.

Attached Files:

4. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #24 elcrazy, Sep 3, 2021
    @AngryBugs
    I keep getting a graphics glitch where I’m guessing a piece of the background is missing and all you see it black. You can walk into it and everything works. You just can’t see what’s behind.. ladder, chest, enemy etc.

Update: Another glitch found (sorry). I swiped down on castle stairs to see if I could drop under them. Well……. I did lol but then I just kept falling and falling and falling and….. I had to quit.

Attached Files:

5. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Btw for anyone actually reading all my ranting tonight please don’t let any of the glitches I mentioned hinder you from buying this game. One they are small nothings. Two I’m sure they will be fixed fast. Three this game is so far amazing. I can’t stop playing. Took me away from everything else. Unlocking seems to be coming so nice now. Still not many quests but upgrading the tower then mining is feeling sooo rewarding now. Don’t be fooled by the small percentage numbers when upgrading its does a ton !! Just found my first new sword (I think) haven’t put it together yet and haven’t finished my current run. It’s been a long one and I just had to come here and gush over this game. It’s so fun and so addictive. The pace feels awesome. Every run feels a bit longer and you just keep wanting to go one more time. For sure the best game by this developer and I loved Drylands. Game of the week for sure.

6. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    @elcrazy So I see that you really liked the game, you are inspecting every inch of it! hehe (you might be a good in-depth tester ^^)
    The green lights are indeed a way of getting a bit of time ahead of the deadly fog. The game autosaves every time you die, every time you get out of a dungeon, when you advance in a task and in other several places. The drinks at the tavern are temporary for the run.
    The graphical glitches may be because the random creation of the dungeons, I guess that's not so common, we will make a fix of it soon!.
    Have fun!

7. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #27 elcrazy, Sep 3, 2021
    Lol sorry !! I’m not meaning to pick. It is because I love it. I’m having a blast. Thank you for all the answers. I figured the drinks were temp and glad I was right about the green lights lol. I’m not having an issue with saving really. Just hoping it saves while mining. And I think you just mentioned it does. I’m guessing once you clear a dungeon in the mines it saves. Then if you do quit or close you will be in the town but with everything you gained since the last dungeon you cleared.

Do you have any clue what my key unlocked ? I’m so curious and can’t seem to find what it was. You can pm me if you want.
    Also any way to get that shooting robot back lol ? I liked him and no idea where it went.

Update **
    Also would be good if you could add a button where you can check your current inventory. All current crystals, gold and items. Currently you can only see currency when you go buy something or times just before the mine. Would be good to have a button to check all inventory and current stats (sword, axe..) of your character.

But yes I love this game. I loved Drylands and mutants as well. Sorry if I am posting too much or sounded like I was putting it down in any way. Like I mentioned all the glitches or bugs are small. Don’t get in the way of gameplay. And yes the black areas are random and uncommon. Thanks for responding and being the kind of developer that has time for its buyers. Keep up the awesome work ! Wish you the absolute best with this game. You deserve it.

8. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Lol got stuck again. Somehow my sword came out while mining and buttons went away. My Imp was firing but I could only swipe up nothing else. Then I just started to float lol.

Attached Files:

9. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    It actually seems to save way better then people think. It saves in the mines once you clear a room. I would not pass on this game. It’s incredible. I couldn’t stop playing all night and I’m back at it this morning. Can’t stop playing this. Sooo good.

Collin and Ijipop like this.
  10. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    It actually seems to save way better then people think. It saves in the mines once you clear a room. I would not pass on this game. It’s incredible. I couldn’t stop playing all night and I’m back at it this morning. Can’t stop playing this. Sooo good.

11. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Are other people having issues with falling through the ground and ending up trapped?

Grungebob and gaberaph like this.
  12. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    People didn't report it on testing phase, but we will make a fix to make sure that can't happen on any circumstance anyway. Hope you have fun!

gaberaph likes this.
  13. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Me. Fell through a stairwell and had to reload. Just fell endlessly. Also noticing some black borders/graphical clitches in the mines. Absolutely beautiful game tho, havent seen pixel-art like this in forever. Also, on the iPhone 12 pro max, the notch cuts off both the amount of gold I have, and the health bar. In fact, since it seems there is no way to check your inventory, I have no clue how much gold I have at all due to the notch cutting off the gold counter.

gaberaph likes this.
  14. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Incredible game ! The pixel graphics are amazing . I get that souls like feel with the not knowing exactly what to do and figuring it out as you play. the art style i get the black knight from dark souls only it’s pixel art, the atmosphere is wonderful. A Great action rpg rogue like.

some bugs and issues:

i am on an IphoneX and the notch cuts off health , coins, and some dialog.

a landscape mode would be awesome for my big ass hands! That would also fix the notch issue.

You should have like Binding of issac where you can save and quit and continue where you left off.

pathogen541 and Ijipop like this.
  15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Anyone know if it is landscape view on iPad?

16. OddAlun

OddAlun Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Nope.

stubbieoz likes this.
  17. Stringerbell

Stringerbell New Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Male
    Love the game, but suffers from a few bugs.

As mentioned above the fall through steps into oblivion has been experienced.

I've also reached the bottom of the mine, opened the chest only for the game to do nothing and my character have no where to go.

But the most frustrating one; anytime I’m shot by a skeleton archer the app shuts down.

Like I said; love the game! Just a few bugs to be fixed.

elcrazy likes this.
  18. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #38 elcrazy, Sep 4, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    I have had almost all of these and a few others. But ya it doesn’t stop my love. In fact i haven’t stopped playing.

Never had the app shut down. Had it freeze and my guy float or fall but not shut down. Had a bad freeze a couple times now coming out of a door and a enemy is waiting somehow my sword comes up with my axe there and it freezes. Also the gun accessory caused me to get stuck a couple times.

For the one where you get to the bottom. I had that after an epic run. I didn’t want to lose everything. So what I did was make steps and built back up. I had to go quite far till I could find an enemy and kill myself. At that point I just wanted to die so I could save everything. I had found so much. It worked. Took a little bit but worked lol. It’s at least a good trick so you don’t lose all your progress since the last room dungeon you cleared.

Also I have spoken with the developer in here a bunch in PM. They are very aware of bugs and seem to be working hard to get a fix. These are the kind of developers that care. Game is for sure still worth a purchase 100% regardless of any bugs which I’m sure will be fixed soon.

Game is super addictive and you can see the love. Gameplay is so fun. The pace is amazing. Always feel like you’re progressing and seeing something new. Love the pixels. The sounds. The digging. The fighting. All the items and relics. Just so much going on. Everything is awesome! (Ohh that was 100% by accident, buuuuut I’m leaving it lol) because really everything in this game is awesome.

Also great name @Stringerbell ! Best show of all time !!

Ijipop and Stringerbell like this.
  19. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    That's just the Downwell Easter egg. o_O

Roxton, Ijipop, decript and 3 others like this.
  20. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Congrats on Game of the Week !!! Well deserved. And for me right now in my top 3 for Game of the Year !

Ijipop and Anotherkellydown like this.