Universal Dungeonism (by Jeffrey Fal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TrencH, Jul 8, 2013.

1. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    After a finishing a level click on next and if you have enough exp points skills you can upgrade will be highlighted. Just click on them to upgrade.

2. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Hey, Gamezebo reviewed this game already and gave it 4 1/2 stars. Not a bad first review.

3. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    And not a bug or IAP in sight. Smooth fun gameplay with good leveling and upgrading that keeps you hooked. What a surprise. Oh yeah the art is really cool reminds me of stylized olde school :)

4. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    Lets hope TA gives it some attention. And the game deserves high marks.

5. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Gosh this is difficult, can't beat lvl 3!

6. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    But...but I still haven't beaten wazhack! Dang it. *smashes buy now button"

7. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    Well since there is no permadeath you can always play earlier levels and upgrade your character so beating the level will be easier.

8. bobehm

bobehm Active Member

Dec 6, 2012
    5 pages of discussion and no App Store ratings? We need to do the dev a solid and give him some ratings.

9. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I had trouble with that too. I started to gear up a little and upgraded my stats some and I got through it. I definitely know the pain you had in that spot though. Some of the usable healing items and shields help out too.

10. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    Yeah the rats swarmed you while you were trying to hit the boss. Lots of times I couldn't get a clean shot at him. Leveling my health/defence and arrows really helped though. Great stuff .

11. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    This ^

12. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    This game deserves a lot of attention. I'm having a great time with it.

13. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I'm stuck at the end of forest level 7. There are 4 blocks in your way to get to the door. Anyone get past this?

14. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    Floating might help there. You also need to look at your surroundings. Water, pits and other stuff besides the ground will sometimes have to be used.

15. ShaggyPKA

ShaggyPKA Active Member

May 16, 2013
    I wanted to start by letting the developer know how Addicting and polished his game is. This is exactly the type of casual dungeon crawler I've been looking for to play in short bursts. The trailer was also hilarious.

I was hoping for some help in the game. Twice now I've encountered cross-shaped rooms with a movable block at the end of each point of the cross. Behind one of the blocks is the other door but I can't figure out how to arrange the blocks so that I can reach the door. There just doesn't seem to be the wiggle room and I can't break or blow the rocks up. Any advice? Would buying hover let me fly over them?

Again, this game is addicting and the developer seems active. Get it!

16. ShaggyPKA

ShaggyPKA Active Member

May 16, 2013
    Ha nvm. You can just push the blocks into the holes.

17. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Pleasantly surprised. Smooth game.

18. RichardC

RichardC Active Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Stuck on Forest 6.

There's a boulder you knock onto a floor trigger to make the water shallow enough to walk across.

Other side has a trigger and a floor piece I cannot cross. Seems like you'd want to push a boulder across the water, but I keep breaking them.

Any help please? I'm stuck as I can't move forward. Thanks

19. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Hats off to the dev! Some touches I really appreciate:

When you kill a ghost: "the ghost dies again" lol!

A fireball too the wooden blocks will spread to adjacent enemies. Well thought out strategies.

The music, really digging that.

The magnifying glass in the upper right corner—I only accidentally figured out what that was. I thought it was some night vision mode that would be explained to me, but I accidentally figured out Its use in an exasperating bug. A bug of bugs.

I am not sure if my photo will attach correctly here, as t failed me last time. But I am in a hallway with several bugs, forest x level2. I discover after doing some 800 damage to this bug what the magnifying glass is for! But I cannot get to the lead bug because this first one is blocking a narrow hallway :( I had to quit the level.

Another thing to explain more up front is the practice discount. I didn't connect that until after a little bit—another touch I really like, but would be good to put in the tips to explain more explicitly. I don't unfortunately expect that caliber of thoughtfulness in games so I assumed at first that the usage graph after a dungeon was just a reference.

Also, I put in a five star review at the App Store. This really is a gem and I wish you the best.

Attached Files:

20. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Anyone understand how to get rid of a spell in your memory? I know they can be replaced but I am not sure how I can choose which one to replace. Thanks.