Universal Dungeoneers Academy (by Fun Spray Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Sep 23, 2015.

1. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Have you elected to sabotage your own game? It's nearly a month out, and STILL not a single clip of gameplay footage, so we might actually be enticed to give you money for it?

Confusing.

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    How about you just go buy the thing? Everyone has posted favorable impressions and I can assure you it's well worth the price. I can't believe how cheap some people can be regarding premium games but turn around and throw hundreds at free to play garbage

3. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    How about no.

4. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    On sale for $.99.

5. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Is there any video of this yet? LOL

6. CodeFu

CodeFu Member

Oct 19, 2015
    I do not recall intentionally trying to sabotage my game, at least on purpose :)

Yes, there is one being posted today! I myself would appreciate previews for paid apps, so we made a full run through of a larger standard dungeon.

The link will be available in Google Play and the video is posted to YouTube and the Amazon Store. We do not have separate videos for every iOS format needed by iTunes.

The comments have been great. A new version allows flipping the controls left to right, and there are speed improvements overall.

7. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    This is a great little game. I've been watching this since it was released, and I have to admit I was put off by three things: The misspelling of the name, the lack of a trailer or gameplay video in the forum thread and the controls looked far more complicated (and ugly) than they needed to be. With the video now on YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o9mKA1YFfdA) and the price drop, I had to give it a go.

The gameplay is simple, it's a dungeon crawler. It looks good, controls smoothly, and there's lots of barrels and chests scattered throughout the levels. I'm only on the fourth dungeon so far but I'm really enjoying it. There are a few things I could suggest that, I think, would make this game brilliant, more - and varied - loot drops. More skills so there's a choice to be made over which to use at any given level, and more character classes!

With the addition of those things, this would be a game that would never leave my iPad. It's a real shame that the typo on the title scared away a lot of the toucharcade community as this is the type of game that usually garners far more attention. I'd suggest re-advertising, perhaps making a free version - first dungeon or two free with a full game unlock iAP, or something similar, though definitely not free to play with ads and timers and all that horrid stuff!

Anyway, I'd recommend this game to any fans of the genre, and if any of those suggestions I made could be implemented, it could easily become one of my favourites.

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #28 stubbieoz, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    sold!
    edit:
    I would like to see the ability to rotate the screen 180' as I have an iPad Pro and the case I have needs to rotate so I can fit the lightning fitting while playing.
    Also can you please change the font because the current one has letters running into each other.

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    There's a demo out for the game now called Dungeoneers Academy: Trials. I tried it out and liked it so I bought the game which was only $1.

It's received quite a few updates including a zoom in / out feature. The game is turn based so don't leave your finger on the D-pad to move. Rather, tap and hold it in the direction you want to go in and if you switch directions, release finger and tap on the new direction - this reduced some frustrations for me once I figured it out.

10. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    I like the game I have trial version nowhere in game to buy it.

11. CodeFu

CodeFu Member

Oct 19, 2015
    New Controls

Sometimes it is good to tap the move control if you need to get to a specific location, like picking up drops or getting to a barrel or chest.

The new two finger system makes it pretty easy to avoid running up into a monster. Hold the big auto-action button down while moving, then you will start attacking as soon as a monster is in range. So you can immediately auto-attack with spells or a bow that work from a distance.

If you hold the big auto-action down, you can also quickly open doors and barrels/chests as you move by (sometimes you may have to pause nearby).

Also, the auto-action has to be pressed again after any popup appears since popups disable control inputs.

12. CodeFu

CodeFu Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Purchase Trials after graduation

Dungeoneers Academy: Trials has the pay popup once you graduate. After completing the 9 Academy dungeons with at least one star, the Travel icon is enabled to take you to other maps. When you click Travel you will be asked to purchase.

The intent was to let you play and get you basic equipment, plus Academy dungeon 9 can spawn a particular boss (not quite half the time). That way you can get a special boss weapon (about 1 in 5 chance). So you can try most things.

We could add a purchase on the Trials title scene so you can buy it whenever you want.

Either way, both this paid version and Trials will be updated together. You won't miss anything.

13. oldman23

Mar 22, 2016
    Thanks I already bought game I like what do you mean by 2finger movement? I really don't understand combat I just attack and hope I have enough health potions. Iam on the sixth dungeon.

14. Bison Eye

Bison Eye Active Member

Jun 29, 2015
    I'm really enjoying this game, but I can't figure out what the red gems and silver coins are for - does anyone know? Thanks!

15. oldman23

Mar 22, 2016
    Iam playing as a fighter is there another way to fight other than to just attack. I find 7 health potion to be the perfect number. There has only been1 health potion per dungeon. Iam enjoying the game also but maybe it's because I haven't died yet. I still don't understand inventory what does number mean next to shield or sword. If you have multiple items how do you exchange old for new ones?

16. CodeFu

CodeFu Member

Oct 19, 2015
    When you go to the store, all ruby and silver are converted to gold to make it easy to know what you can buy. Mostly it keeps your gold count from getting super high but it is like having platinum, gold and copper.

17. oldman23

Mar 22, 2016
    Great game posted reviews.

18. CodeFu

CodeFu Member

Oct 19, 2015
    The number next to armor and shields (also scepters) is a defense value. Each adds to your overall defense and will make it more difficult for enemies to hit you and lower the damage taken when they do.

The number next to weapons depends on which you are looking at. The base number is the maximum damage the weapon can do. Some do normal damage and magic damage (fire, ice, etc...) so you will see more than one number with max for each (icons signify damage type). You can also see a +1/2/3 which is a magic level which is added to your attack chance when using the weapon.

You can look at the weapon details in the inventory popup or the Plunder Folio. The numbers should be reflected there with more information.

As for exchanging weapons, if you pick up a matching item you keep the new one (no degrading) and the old is auto-sold for gold (full store sale price). You will have to repair weapons and armor in the store every so often if you do not pick up new matching items.

In general, it is best to pick up a better weapon and armor item every few dungeons and certainly every level. Monsters get tougher and the base equipment you get during Academy dungeon training won't be good enough soon after graduating.

19. oldman23

Mar 22, 2016
    Maybe the games to easy but I love it.getting new gear moving on no twitch factor. New gear shows up on avatar.

20. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I am so glad this game is finally getting some well due respect. This is one of my go-to stress free relaxing dungeon crawlers. There isn't any heavy strategy, just good old fashioned monster fighting and looting.