Universal Dungeon Warfare (by Valsar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Groquest, Aug 24, 2016.

1. jakey99

jakey99 New Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Spring trap is the answer! Just cleared it after a few tries. Hope I can beat remain stages without walkthroughs ;)
    Thank you, Septim!

2. Boyen

Boyen Active Member

Jun 13, 2016
    #42 Boyen, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Such a good game this. I love how you can fine tune strategies instead of just pure raw power/weaknesses like in most TD's. Really a great TD!

Left a review on Google Play, really does not get the attention it deserves

3. Groquest

Groquest Active Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Indie game developer
    Update Incoming

Thank you for all the positive feedbacks!
    We're working on an update that adds support for iCloud save and a few bug fixes.
    It will be released early September.
    Feel free to write feedbacks and suggestions here. Thank you.

4. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Icloud save!!
    Awesome
    Hope your game got a lot of sales :)

5. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Exactly! You can't just dive in, slap down your biggest guns and upgrade them fast to win like most TD's.

I find this game more like an action puzzle game. I spend most of my time looking at the map layout, working out choke points and danger areas, tweaking gem numbers on different equipment, testing the plan (failing) then going back to the drawing board with a new plan of defense!

Amazing work fellas. Really challenging and fun.

6. Boyen

Boyen Active Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Indeed, I also see various analogies to my work when writing software, the waves being test scenario's where and whatever you use as defense being the implementation. Test Driven Development at its finest. Not to say that playing this game feels like work :D, it just ticks all the right boxes and never feels unfair. If you fail it is because you didn't implement your solution correctly or took the wrong solution for the problem presented.

7. ecstaticax

ecstaticax Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Hi, I bought it in Italy, and I will write a comment soon. I think this game is really good. Perhaps if you could add a level editor it would be perfect. Congratulations.

8. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Love this game -
    Two things I want to see:

1. Show attack radius of traps as you're placing them (for the range traps)
    2. Allow quick placement of traps from the sliding bottom bar. (What's its current function anyway?)

9. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    #49 darwiniandude, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Brilliant!

Saw this app first in AppStore's "New Games we Love" section. Good to see Apple promoting a decent game.

I can't leave an iTunes review as I'm running beta OS, unfortunately. All Australian reviews are great so far except a one star complaint no support for iPad mini 1. Too bad, ancient hardware, deal with it. Hopefully less of an issue with iOS 10 - I can't believe devs have been required to support iPad 2 / mini 1 till now!

Anyway...

Great TD game. Lots of depth. Really enjoying playing a solid premium game without timers and junk. I like replaying levels with all the runes I have to get lots of XP and then further upgrade the spikes and (darts?) traps.

But yeah, will leave a good iTunes review once I'm not blocked due to beta os, I know reviews help. Very solid and stable on iOS 10 beta anyway in case anyone was wondering :)

Thanks for making a great game! I will appreciate the iCloud save update too as I will swap to a new phone and iPad soon and I don't do the whole backup restore thing anymore.

For anyone on the fence, just buy it. It's a great game. Like the old days of the AppStore.

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    The game runs perfectly on my iPad mini 1, not sure what the complaint is about ?

11. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Hey that's great! I just saw a 1 star review on the Australian store saying it didn't work. I don't have one to test it.

12. Groquest

Groquest Active Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Indie game developer
    Thank you for the confirmation. I was worried if there was a compatibility issue with iPad mini 1.

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yeah it crashed once when I first fired it up, but I had other stuff open.

Since then I've put in a lot (a LOT) of hours with this game and have had zero crashes or performance issues. Really happy :)

14. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Was on the fence as I don't like TD games. I'm glad I picked this up. The game is very fun and addicting! Been playing quite a bit finally beat heroes must die level. I launched all the enemies into pits. I like how each level you need to adjust your strategy in order to win. Slime trap is much needed to slow down the enemies

15. guzhenjie1

guzhenjie1 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Anyone unlock the info of emenies excpet the first five emenies? I can't find new emenies info on the option even if I killed them.

16. Groquest

Groquest Active Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Indie game developer
    There was a bug with the encyclopedia. The fix will be included in the coming update. Thank you.

17. thanhtoan

thanhtoan Member

Aug 19, 2016
  18. guzhenjie1

Dec 20, 2014
    #58 guzhenjie1, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    Hey, dev. Thank you for you reply! I just found another small bug. After I played a level which could unlock one trap, even if I failed to pass this level, I still can use the trap in other levels if I haven't opened loadout.

Edit: I also found a glitch of the encyclopedia: if I roll the emenies info to the bottom and close the encyclopedia, the description of emenies will flash with small font and it exceed the top of encyclopedia's board.

19. Groquest

Groquest Active Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Indie game developer
    We will fix the issues you mentioned. Thank you for the report!

20. guzhenjie1

Dec 20, 2014
    Another glitch of the encyclopedia: The name of mysterious challenger overlapped its HP value on my iPad.