Universal Dungeon Ward: RPG offline game (by Frantisek Liska)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dungeon Ward, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Dungeon Ward

Dungeon Ward Member

Dec 14, 2021
    Wow, that means a lot to me! I am looking forward to it. :)

2. Bart Mamzer

Bart Mamzer Active Member

Dec 2, 2021
    Male
    Awesome to see it on iOS! Good luck with the game!

houseofg and naghihimutuc like this.
  3. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Enjoying this so far and surprised it’s not getting more attention. Great entry into the crawler genre, polished clean design, UI large enough for phone, etc. Movement can feel a bit sluggish but believe it’s due to auto-run mechanic where holding forward starts as walk then transitions to run? Maybe an always-run option would make it feel more responsive? Minor issue. I’ll keep playing and likely throw down for some crystals.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks for posting this. I’ve been a bit busier than expected this last week, but I’m hoping to write something more substantial this weekend.

I actually like it when games allow for both walking and running. I’m playing with joystick option 2, and I’m finding it excellent overall, but I could imagine mapping running to the joystick position.

5. Dungeon Ward

Dungeon Ward Member

Dec 14, 2021
    Funny thing is that the walk/run toggle is there only due to my 4 year old daughter who wanted to walk, not run, otherwise the toggle wouldn't even be there. Originally you walked normally and had to double tap forward button or slide joystick to top position to run, but I quickly changed it to autorun after some testing.

naghihimutuc likes this.
  6. Dungeon Ward

Dungeon Ward Member

Dec 14, 2021
    I think the game is going well so far, more attention would be nice but the current pace is good enough for me :) In about 14 days the game was played by over 8K players on IOS, so that's not bad. I think the always run would look out of place even more. It is kinda hard to synchronize good movement speed with movement animation and the cell size so that it still feels ok. Kinda almost impossible as I tried to change this already maybe 4 times with worse results. If you go too slow it becomes even worse as the controls are delayed. Too fast and the animation runs like crazy. Anyways I definitely can recommend the joystick 2 option as well. Best one imho.

7. Dungeon Ward

Dungeon Ward Member

Dec 14, 2021
    Thank you Bart, your game Powerlust is also awesome! I can recommend it for people who play my game as it is from similar genre, just more like a Diablo.

8. Dungeon Ward

Dungeon Ward Member

Dec 14, 2021
    I am still looking forward to your feedback. Any plans to write it out? It doesn't have to be that long. Mostly some pro's, cons etc. :)

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Sorry — ended up getting very busy. I’ll try to out something together this week.

10. Dungeon Ward

Dungeon Ward Member

Dec 14, 2021
    No problem, I understand. Life has a top priority :)