Universal Dungeon Time (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 9, 2015.

1. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    One of the few developers I've come to trust. Great to see the updates coming, but even without them you still get my support -- I'll be picking this up today!

2. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    That'd be awesome! I'll shoot my email over to ya via PM :)

3. Tempestyze

Tempestyze Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    #103 Tempestyze, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    I have screenshots of some bugs/glitches. Here are the most common:

-Character limit when choosing name : a clever guy made a massive name taking all the screen. [​IMG]

-Falling through map and never dying : happened in an online game (look at the blue player : he fell through the map and had to DC/reconnect to be able to play again). Sorry its hard to see, but he actually fell through that lava (he didn't even die). LOOK AT THE MINI-MAP to see where he is. He is OUTSIDE of the map, his blue point is underneath the green player's name and score.

[​IMG]

-In relation to the above, when you walk in a zone that OS's you (ex: spikes or lava) then sometimes you respawn INSIDE the spikes/lava and this causes death chain. Don't have a screenshot for that one.

-Sometimes the bosses will teleport (this could be due to lag) shortly in a direction. Relating to bosses, sometimes the projectiles they fire (fireballs, red globe thing) will be avoided by our character yet it will take damage (probably due to lag i think, or maybe strange hitboxes?).

-Wormulon the Gr8 boss spawns some "Wallace" (the turquoise skinned fish with trident) around the arena. However to actually beat those fishes you have to go down the stairs and shoot them directly. Sometimes it auto locks the fish behind the wall and i can't shoot at Wormulon without going down the steps and killing the fish first. This gets annoying when they spawn very often.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-The boss called Gogamel has some issues, the main being that damage is taken as soon as your jump in the arena. Sometimes you jump "on" the boss and its impossible to get down, and you die as a result.

-Respawn is not 10 seconds but actually 15-16 real seconds. The countdown seems really slow as well. Also, one time I was respawning and had to wait 10 sec, meanwhile a guy was still alive, so the game kept on playing. I was at 1 sec, and then 0 from respawning, and the other guy died when I was between 0 sec and the actual time when the character respawns, causing a team fail (this was in boss fight so frustrating).

-When you die sometimes enemy takes damage by walking over your dead corpse. Also when you lose HP you have a brief moment of invincibility (which is normal). If you pass through enemies or touch enemies during this period they take damage (even if you don't shoot at them).

Hope this helps !

4. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    Another ENORMOUS issue:

-When you are playing with other players and they find the boss room well you are automatically teleported to it. Well, when you are dead (and you have respawn timer counting down), and other alive players find the boss, what happens is your corpse is temporarily teleported to the boss room (while its counting down). But when it reaches 0 and you re-live, well you don't relive in boss room but instead where you last died (this could be in any other room of the map). Since the mini-map disappears from the screen when the boss fight is happening, you have no clue where the boss fight is happening and can't get to it.

This is a game changing bug, and I've experienced it 2 times already (just now, so it reminded me to tell it).

5. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    #105 S-Mario, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Thanks for the clear buglist Tempest :) Going to look at all of the above issues this morning as we do the multi testing, without your help we would have forgot about some of these (like the boss dragging mechanic)

Here's what's in the next update that has been done so far, i will add your fixes soon:

Dungeon Time '2.0' Update:

- Stage length shortened by 30% each
    - Resolution increased (25% for screen, up to 100% for some overlays)
    - Cell shading tweaks for for medium/best setting
    - Most enemy bullets are slower and some HP lowered
    - Edric and his turret have attack SFX
    - Duberry, Alyssa & Bishop have attack SFX
    - Some enemy SFX added
    - Auto aiming improved (different calculation)
    - Sign up/login no longer require e-mail, just put a username and password. Let
    us know if something's up with your account.
    - Character levels display under selection
    - Skin buttons are a bit more visible as 'buttons'
    - Stage 1 shows a hint to the exit to guide newer players.
    - Lives reduced in proportion to the stage length reduction.
    - Chests can be opened by all
    - Snakes in the forest don't fly anymore...
    - The Brock will wait until you're in range before swinging and stop when you're out of sight. He can still swing through objects, but it's more fair now.

Multiplayer

- Players can now see other players with arrows & corresponding names on the map
    - You can communicate with simple messages e.g. Hello, Follow me, Nice one...
    - The text area displays some useful info when other players die, use checkpoints, find midrooms.
    - Camera follows the nearest player upon death until you're ready to respawn.
    - Players get correctly dragged to boss rooms if they are dead during the pull
    - Can't get stuck in lava and double die

6. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    #106 Tempestyze, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Awesome ! You did a great job there ! :D Looking forward to that update !

-Stage length shortened is a good idea, although sometimes you get lucky and find the right path straightaway.

I have played with the Bishop a lot and his super move (the rain of arrows) sometimes doesn't affect enemies that are behind a small wall. Example in the Sewers levels there is always a "maze" part with very narrow corridors and many enemies hiding in maze : I did the super move and although the rain of arrows showed as hitting the enemies they didn't die (they should've considering I usually OS rats with it).

As part of balance issues, I have fought the Prophet 2 different times in multiplayer and have lost every time (multiple tries and multiple game overs). I would like to see the opinions of other players having completed this stage before saying anything but the Prophet is really hardcore. Then again he is the final boss, so it should be a challenge. But maybe tweak his numbers ever so slightly? I would recommend lowering his HP by a (really) small amount.

This is a genuine question, I would like to know : is the HP of opponents proportional to the number of players (in multiplayer) ? So if we are 3 players, will the enemies have 3 times more HP? It seems this is the case, would like a confirmation. How about if a player suddenly quits ? If instead of 3 we become 2 players, will the HP of current enemies being fought and other enemies in the stage be affected?

In multi, its quite frustrating to see some players AFK (= Away From Keyboard = absent) during some games. Similarly, the 'pause' menu doesn't actually pause the game in multiplayer. I would suggest, if possible, to make the pause menu be able to render the character invincible while it is open. I think this would be beneficial rather than leaving the player vulnerable to enemies if he will be absent for a short while. Although I have tested and noticed that enemies do not attack players that stay still, is this intended? (or maybe just coincidence?).

Another question, why are some stages' icons highlighted in red and others are highlighted yellow in the stage selection menu? I thought it was because some stages don't have bosses but this is actually not the case (The Baker stage is red and the Rat King stage is yellow). Just curious.

It would be cool if Ludwig (the blue goblin with yellow bag that drops goodies when you hit him) had at least 1 guaranteed drop of the chicken leg that heals. Not sure about this though, maybe it would make the game too easy?

I played a lot with the skin on Bishop and I find it really awesome that you made that Raven skin. :D Its so cool, reminds me of Blackmoor and Super Boys. :cool:

When are you playing the game, Devs ? I really wanna play with you both on Super Boys and on Dungeon Time. Lets fix a meeting online?

7. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    I couldn't help noticing on your website you have this picture when you presented Dungeon Time:

[​IMG]

Will Julius be introduced in the game later? :D

8. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    #108 [email protected], Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    Julius is of course the main character from Maximus, our extensive market research (non existent) made us believe that girls nowadays are more into the rough, dirty and selfish type as their dream hero so he lost his place to Duberry who is the embodiment of those qualities.

oops! that one has missed the update this time but we will definitely pay attention to this question for the next update. Have u beat him yet? we've been testing the earlier stages more for this update (the first update is always an urgent one to fix a lot of the immediate issues and has to go out at some point before its too late)

Thats right, the formula for each extra player that joins is that new enemy spawns will have 60% extra HP. We've used a similar formula ever since the ancient days of Co-Op Toon Shooter on flash, and in Blackmoor.

The red stages are a little irrelevant now but there are 4 areas (the keep, the sewer, the forest and the underworld) the red stages mark the end of each area and have a big boss.

Hmmm I jump on Superboys after 10pm (thats 10am in US i think) to see if there are any games in the US server, but for Dungeon Time would rather wait for the update to come out first. Ive met a few good players in Superboys and lost some FFA matches (you dunno how good that makes me feel when someone beats me at my own game!)

Shouldn't talk too much about SB here but theres a live bug that ruins it badly when a players connection sometimes dies in a way that the system doesn't detect, leaving them invincible and everyone has to leave or suicide! will fix in update

9. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    testflight build is ready if anyone wants it send me a msg, email to [email protected] or just write here I'll add u ASAP

10. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I've received the TestFlight build, I haven't seen any problems or bugs so far. I'm planning on purchasing the game soon now that I've experienced it.

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have the update!

Nicely done Moof. I've updated my review on the AppStore and changed my rating here as well. The game is so much better. So so so much better and fun to play. I'm going back to it now.

Awesome update. Go get it people. Let's do this!

Billy

12. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So now that some buggies have been squashed it looks like it's time for me to jump on in to the dark side

13. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Got update,

Game looks MUCH better. Will update with thoughts once I give it some time.

Thanks mooff

14. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    And thanks you guys for hanging in there with the bugs while the update took forever. Oh there is one thing to note, we made a new game server because there was no way that old and new versions could play together with a lot of the new changes, so you can only play co op if you both have the updated version now (I can't imagine why you wouldn't update anyway)

15. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Back at it. Awesome update and super fun to boot. Just lovely.

16. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Is the base game updated, or only the test flight build?

17. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    The base game. You can download from the App Store.

18. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    multiplay

Every time I tried to play online multiplay, there's no game in lobby.
    Does anyone know why?

19. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Glad to hear about the update. 110% more bought.

You've got a customer here for everything you put out.

20. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Picked this up after the 1st update, so I didn't get to experience any of the initial issues, but this a REALLY fun dungeon crawler! Congratulations to the developer for sticking to their guns and making this an extremely enjoyable gaming experience! I saw early in this thread that Mooff plans to give this game as well as a few others the MFI treatment, which really look forward to. Keep up the great work.