Universal Dungeon Time (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 9, 2015.

1. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Its Adventure ti.. I mean dungeon time!

2. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Please pardon the ignorance but this wasn't actually made by Mooff games? Did they only publish it?

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I'm pretty sure they did make it and he is just saying they made strides with their last two 2D games. But the move to 3D set them back a bit.

I still have no doubt that they will make this game as good or better than the rest of their efforts. And I applaud them for stepping out of their comfort zone even if it is a little rocky at first.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #84 LordShad0wz, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    Only the bishop can open the chests? That's why Ive been frustrated trying to open them wondering if it was a bug? Why bother putting them there for the other classes in the first place then?

I'm not playing anymore until the bugs are fixed and things are tweaked. It's not worth it to play a game that's just frustrating to play.

The bugs I'm encountering are:

No sounds for the gunslinger. It's just weird to have other sounds but to see the characters moving super fast and throwing or shooting with no sounds is weird.

The auto aim actually hits monsters that are behind a wall instead of the monsters killing you. I've died multiple times from this.

Why not have a dual analog onscreen joystick manual mode like other games of this type have? I would really like the manual aiming or atleast the option.

Enemy weapons reaching through walls into rooms they shouldn't.

The weird character movement. It's just awkward.

The power ups are broken, well not all of them, but for instance the axe throwing are broken.

The checkpoint system isn't right.

Chests fixing/tweaking.

And whatever else. I really looked forward to this game and I'm just really really let down. People can talk up the developer all they want but at the end of the day I purchased a product and I'm not unreasonably unhappy. I won't be asking for a refund. I love And have spent money on IAP in Super Boys: The Big Fight. So out of respect for that I'll wait to see how the updates work out. I'll re rate then. I simply cannot recommend the game at this time.

Also I'm a huge huge fan of gauntlet. I have every iteration of gauntlet and still play them all. I have the midway arcade package on my IPhone as well as the new Gauntlet with the DLCs on Steam. So I appreciate what the devs are trying to do with this game. With the fixes and tweaks I can see this game being really awesome.

Billy

5. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    #85 predator8u, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    Don't get down mooff you guys are the bomb!

I applaud you for trying something new (3D). Takes bravery to step out of your comfort zone.

Most of the issues seem simple fixes with the core gameplay enjoyable. So just some polish.

I think solaresclisple suggestion of making the chests open with other characters besides bishop by using a single key.( bishop= free chests/ others= 1 key)

I know it sounds shallow but the graphics disappoint me the most. I was really looking forward to playing this on my iPad with the sharp visuals that the AppStore images show. I guess I've been spoiled by the level of Quality Of other universal apps( looking at you butterscotch shenanigans). I love your hand drawn art so seeing the characters in HD 3D was quite exciting. Duberrys my favorite character in superboys which I've played 10+ hours.

I look forward to seeing what you do with this good foundation You've made.

BTW to other iPad Air 2 owners/players. Is it just me or are the visuals slightly rough/jaggy/up-rezed??? I don't know could just be my set-up... ( I have the slider on high)

6. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    It's a bit of a rough but important experience for me right now, like when you cook something for guests thinking it's tasty but turns out it's under seasoned and everyone is missing a fork :X

It won't stay this way of course, we got all the feedback written down for the update. I'd like to figure out a way to tie in people who bought the game something for our future games so it's never a waste to buy our stuff (they do it alright in blizzard games).

7. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    S-Mario: I hope you do get past this. I don't think the game is that far off the mark. The auto aim was tough for me to get into, but can see getting into it with some sort of target toggle. Otherwise, I think you had some pretty good ideas in the mix here.

8. Tempestyze

Tempestyze Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Well every character must have their advantages and disadvantages, but I guess for the chests it shouldn't be this way.

A dual analog joystick wouldn't work with the A button to attack. Since your 2 thumbs would be busy the attack would have to be automatic and it would become annoying? Would love to see extra ability (A+B?) which would make the game even more awesome.

But I love it as it is right now !

9. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011

Ok the bugs Ive addressed so far are:
    - stop targeting enemies behind a wall
    - the brock won't swing a chain at you through a wall
    - all players open chests
    - Gogamel fight can target his various weak points accurately
    - Duberry chucking axes
    - increase the resolution

The other issues that we are still not sure about are changing to a dual stick, we actually originally coded a dual stick but didn't think it was any good, it might have worked in mini gore but this is a much faster pace game where you will suddenly get attacked from behind and we felt that we couldn't accurately turn and shoot quickly, and as Tempestyze pointed out, the A and B button would be a problem.

Some players mentioned the difficulty, generally we wanted it to be the pace of an old school shooter where you die a lot and go back to checkpoints, and learn the random generated map. Theres no difficulty settings this time and the game is HARD, but the more players join, the more lives you share.

We hope to get the update out soon, and we appreciate that you spent money!

10. predator8u

Apr 17, 2013
    Kwokx,

That list hits all the big ones. That should improve the game greatly. I look forward to the update hitting.

Only thing missing is the checkpoint system overhaul( make it so the last one touched is the one you spawn from, or something similar)

11. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    #91 [email protected], Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    ok thanks, we didn't realise what was wrong on checkpoints before, now its clear I can make the last one touched re-activate.

during co-op when you split up and touch different checkpoints it will be the last one touched by any player, so if you touch one and then your mate touches another afterwards, his one will overwrite as the last checkpoint. Generally we expect teams to stay closer together and didn't bound them within a screen like we did in Blackmoor, would that have been a better system than letting everyone split up?

12. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Looking forward to the updates. The game is good...just rough. Wouldn't mind a movement upgrade either. The players movement looks really janky and unappealing, with all that addressed id say this game would be right as rain.

13. Tempestyze

Tempestyze Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Actually it's interesting that you mention this point, because I have something to say about it. I think you SHOULDN'T have a "locked screen" and that everyone should be able to go where they want. A great thing I would love to see though is a 'ping' function that would send like a mini-shockwave to tell other players to follow him/point towards something. I know linking another game here is not great but MH3 had a great function for this, look at 1:27 of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaAcxLgkVkM .
    If you look at the 'map' and at the list of the players you will see a player just pinged.

So I would suggest not doing the same as Blackmoor for the screen. And I've been in quite a few games and most players did follow each other around, generally.

Would like (if possible) to be able to view the current fight/action of other players whilst dead, instead of the dead body and respawn timer.

14. predator8u

Apr 17, 2013
    Also add an icon above or below character in selection screen showing what exp level they are at. Right now you don't know till your in game and then have to exit to change again.

15. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Alright, monday morning gonna work on the DT upgrades (helped a lot watching people play videos... lesson is we need more beta testers/test flighters)

16. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Just bought this, even with the critical reviews in mind. Haven't played it yet but I'm looking forward to. After Super Boys, I'm most likely just going to be throwing money at whatever you guys put out just because you guys deserve it. (DL'd most of your older games, too, especially after playing and very much enjoying Blackmoor back when that was hot off the press)

17. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Thanks man, the update is almost done on our side I'll send you a testflight if you want to try that version out. I'd like to be able to gift special stuff in Space Time for anyone who made an account through Dungeon Time as well :)

18. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011

We have taken onboard a few more of your suggestions and some that others posted, there is gonna be a very simple way to signal to others, we're making resolution higher and ditching that rough intro scene, Simons improving graphics and adding shooting sounds.
    Stages will be shortened but we can't decide on keeping it hard or making easier.

19. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    Off topic - bought tickets for Star Wars first showing, less than 2 days to go and tomorrow's gonna be the longest day ever I dunno what I can do with the time!

20. predator8u

Apr 17, 2013
    Don't make it too easy, once you make all the nesscessary updates then we can assess difficultly.

Also if there's a way to make it so you can see the outline of enemies though walls that help. Sometimes I'll get hit by an enemy that I didn't see because he's running straight at me (into a wall) and when I turn a corner/enter room I instantly get hit. The camera hides where enemy's are many times. An idea.