Universal Dungeon Time (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    downloading!

wanna play immediately!

2. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I found a weird bug going through a room my character Shouldn't have been able to go through I guess, it was blacked out on the map but there was a door. My character went invisible, like under the dungeon graphic when I left the black room. I got killed and it was fine on the respawn.

Overall he 1 player experience is drab, but with I played a co-op for about an hour with 3 others and really enjoyed that. Which I'm not usually as into so kudos.

There are some things that look like they need some polish but overall, it's fun!

3. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    I have a feeling the door bug was in the first 2 stages? I'm looking for that one...

I think you're right about this game being more fun in co-op, maybe that's the consequence of going down a Gauntlet kind of route

4. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Umm, i'm very confused

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer

not ready for the prime time yet, too many bugs:
    1. bullets run through the wall
    2. the auto attack not accurately mapped the enemy
    3. found the treasure chest but it only shaking instead of open?
    4. the checkpoint system is rather confusing
    5. not sure about the power ups, what should i do to get weapons upgrade and after you died the upgrade is gone and dont have a clue how to get it back.
    6. just be sure to avoid the enemy attack. even the common creature attack will cost you almost 30-40% of your energy.

6. Paul Ash

Paul Ash Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Any chance at local multiplayer? Could be a lot of fun...only online? :-(

7. Wicuicad

Wicuicad Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    #67 Wicuicad, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Bad game...everything in this game is just terrible...how could you guys tell me this one is good...

8. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    There ain't.

9. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    #69 predator8u, Dec 10, 2015
    As much as I luv mooff, this game is rough. I've only played the first lvl. But I have some suggestions

- the graphic on the iPad air2 look rough. Even at the highest setting. The resolution seems blown up, thus make everything jaggy, where you can't make out any features on the characters.

- the screenshots on the AppStore are misleading the game does not look that sharp what so ever.( I wish the game did)

- auto aim rather shot enemy's on the other side of wall then the ones in front of you.

- there is no indication of character lvl at the select screen.

- the checkpoint system is broke( make it so when you touch one that's the one you spawn at)

- have had door ways that should be open( via map) be blocked by debris. Thus blocking way.

- making it so only Bishop can open chests makes 3/4 of your players feel cheated.

I feel that if this game was made with 2D art( mooff style) I'd enjoy much more. That was the charm of mooff games, here it's highly jaggy 3D sprites that you can't even make out.

I do enjoy the physics system, rag doll is awesome.

Overall still ok with my purchase BUT slightly disappointed. I do believe that it can be made great with some updates.

10. RiceIsASideDish

RiceIsASideDish New Member

Dec 10, 2015
    I like this one. One glitch though, I'm on Gilgamel now with the archer and about 70% of the time my character auto aims onto the wall in the boss room. It's making the fight very hard OTL

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Sounds like the game could be good but needs some serious patching first.
    Get the bugs and glitches sorted and you can be sure you will get my money.
    Keep it premium and charge more if need be...it will still be a purchase for me.
    Go to a freemium and no longer interested am I.

12. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Yeah, learning a ton here after a day... will try to address some of the bugs/blockers/usability. I'm not sure how hard upping the resolution is yet.

I feel like Mooff Games raised our own standards before this with Blackmoor/Super Boys and maybe the whole new experience in 3D made us step back a couple

13. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    So it seems...

14. nevzat666

nevzat666 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Are there random weapon drops etc? I dunno why but feel there is not much customisation compared to the previous titles. Loved getting a new Wep in blackmoor

15. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    It's almost brilliant but the bugs let it down so badly. Treasure chests don't open and the creatures swinging the large chains swing their objects into adjacent rooms etc.

The thing is, these issues are almost impossible to miss. I can't imagine anyone testing the game couldn't have seen these problems... I guess it was rushed out for Xmas?

But it has an amazing feel of playability about it. If these glaring bugs are fixed this game will be crazy good.

16. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah it was the first stage, single player.

The thing about chests was confusing—I think ther could be some more pages of information on the ? Screen. Or maybe let keys open up chests too, so other characters get that chance? Especially in solo play...Although I don't know why I would bother with solo play except that I can't always play the game for that long a time, and it feels kind of bad to just quit when I have been playing with a couple other people for 45 minutes. I don't necessarily need a fix for that—there's no communication possible and i don't mind that...but maybe a some simple buttons like a help! Or a found food! Because you aren't always with your team and might have full health when someone else doesn't.

17. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    #77 [email protected], Dec 10, 2015

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Simon is feeling dizzy from initial bad response but our games tend to launch with some issues that we need to fix quickly (my first post for each launch is always some form of apology!). At the end of the day your feedback is just to make the game better and we appreciate the good and the bad.

It was indeed rushed as we told our bosses that it was going to be a 3 month game, they were still hurting from the 1 year development of Superboys, and in the end Dungeon Time took 6 months because we were learning 3D as Simon mentioned.

As always we will figure out what needs to be improved and get an update to you asap.

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Don't get down. This was outside of your usual realm, but you guys are awesome and and I know this will live up to greatness as it improves over time.

19. Archimedes

Archimedes Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Agreed. Anyone whose familiar with you knows that all concerns will be addressed. For those not familiar, as someone whose played their games, really, your concerns will be addressed. This is the Dev cycle for a smaller company but they'll incorporate our feedback. We just need to make sure they know what the bugs are. Let's just stay positive and constructive with that feedback.

20. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about, I love this game :)