Universal Dungeon Time (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Muy Instabuyo!

2. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I don't know. It appears to have auto-aim with no way to turn it off. I also can't figure out what the treasure chests are for. They don't seem to open but shake instead. Nothing appears to actually be gained by touching them. What am I missing?

3. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    #43 S-Mario, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    I'll try to answer some general questions here:

Shooting sfx
    I decided against sounds for shooting towards the end of production because it felt (to me anyway) like it was overkill with the collision+dying+explosion noise going off as well. I need to pick a really great set of attack SFX later if people really want to try that (you can tell me on testflight)

Graphics
    I'll be the first to admit that compared to what Mooff normally does (2D cartoons), the jump to 3D was pretty huge for me since I knew absolutely nothing about modeling or unity until July this year.

So this was very much a case of learning to crawl before walking in many aspects (modelling in Blender, learning Unity, reading up on a lot of in betweens) and that felt strange because I was already at a really comfortable place doing 2D stuff :) The 3D experience was like a reset button and it does show when people's first impression might wonder if it was drawn by some noob (and it was!)

Everything in the game was modelled from scratch as part of the learning process when it might have been easier to buy stuff off the Asset store - it would have been a detriment to the future Mooff 3D games which already have come a long way (Space Time that is)

Bugs
    Spinny axes seems to be a bug on a new launch of the game, I need Kwok to find that one... luckily it's just a graphical bug

Guidance

There's a couple of tips players have asked about:

- Your main objective is to get to the exit (looks like a green door symbol)
    - The keys are for opening doors, the potions are for your (B) attack (like ammo)
    - Only Bishop can open Chests
    - You can click the circles above the character selection to play those skins (e.g. Morpheus above Edric)
    - The in-app displayed on iTunes is a bug, there are no in-apps
    - We kept the resolution low because of the whole "first 3D game lets be cautious on size/memory/fps"
    ...turns out it could have been quite a bit higher in hindsight
    - It's a difficult game where you'll die and respawn fairly often. You keep your XP
    - You can play multiplayer with anyone in the world, it's up to 4 players max
    - MFi support is one of the things we'll be doing in batch for some of the new titles including this one

@Scottlarsen on autoaiming: You can't turn off autoaiming, I found the dual-stick method really impossible to play on iOS unless you had a controller or mouse (I'm ok with doing those dual-stick controls on Mfi though)

4. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    You did a great job for your first time in 3D. I'm having blast.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    this game is great, I am having a blast a little confused about multiplayer though how does it work?

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Still rlly rough but I'll support it, np. I'm sure you guys are hard at it. Also in agreement for attack sound fx. Keep at it fellas.

7. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    @S-mario: I'd live with the auto-aim if my character wouldn't spend so much time shooting a wall that an enemy happens to be standing behind at the cost of shooting the approaching hoard. I thought that the non auto-aim play was done very well in Minigore.

Perhaps a target toggle button would work better with the current set up.

8. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Ok this is for multiplayer:

- Click Online (title screen)

- Choose your Hero

- It will connect to the multiplayer server

- Your name will be Guest12345, you can click that to change it to anything you want it will become the name room as well

- If you want to host a game, click New Game and pick a map. Then Start.

- Now your game appears in the Lobby (where you entered your name) It will appear as 'Repulsa Map1 1P' if someone joins it will say 'Repulsa Map1 2P'

9. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Minigore's controls are very good. I think the main difference with Dungeon Time is the pace is much faster, it could be that the auto-aiming has to ignore obstacles better or the range shortened.

I'm very interested in how other players find the aiming system

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I love all your games including this one, but have to disagree on this. Some of my favorite games on iOS are dual stick....from radiangames efforts on the 2D side to games like Minigore on the 3D side.

I know this is your first 3D effort so I don't expect such a drastic change at this point, but maybe give it a try on the next one.

Anyway, even with the incredible difficulty, this is another winner from one of my favorite devs!

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Autoaim, ya needs tweaked or straight dual stick as was mentioned. Would it be that complicated to implement?

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Perfect.

See ya'll in multiplayer! :)

13. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Mooff = istabuy

Super boys was hours of fun for free. Because of this I will buy any game you make.

14. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Really? Even if we made a male man-boob version of Dead or Alive? :)

15. Wisely

Wisely Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Thanks for a great game.

One quick question. Is there local wifi co-op?

16. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    No wifi co-op yet but:

Wifi co-op is part of our big multiplayer plans for early 2016 (when we have the 3rd Power Ranger to join Mooff Games, his name is Jonathan and he's going to help us so much with things like Mfi and research on Google's multiplayer engine)

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    ESPECIALLY if you made a male man-boob version of Dead or Alive.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nobody said love would be easy.

19. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Having a blast.

Hey will you guys add melee at some point ?
    That's the one thing I think is missing

Maybe a roll button ?
    Some weapons to pick up through the stages ?

20. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Meh. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Plus, Im disappointed with auto aim and no option to manual aim